How To Tell Whether Your Plants Male Female Or A Hermaphrodite

Discussion in 'Marijuana Growing Guides' started by Skunky Monkey, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Not the greatest picks, but; I would say you have a hermie. Bad luck.......some will say pull as many sacks off as you can before they open, you can do this, from my experience about 10% of hermies are worth growing out.

If you have any other females, piss this one off quick. Otherwise you can try and see what you get. Seeds will be useless though as they will most likely carry that shitty hermie trait....

2. #882 GhøsT Farms, Oct 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2014
    Those sacs just started showing maybe a couple days ago. The plant popped on 7/9, it's outdoor, it's a Kush, I only have that one growing currently, and those are some new pictures(granted it wasn't the whole plant) I'm not gonna front... I'am new at this but I've been told this one should've started flowering 2 weeks ago. Any help would be awesome. If you need specific pics lemme know. Here's a few ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412722258.882597.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412722380.324465.jpg

3. Ok, I'm hearing here firstly I can assume safely your not in Aus yeah ? In the US or something? Only reason is if it's outdoor and your in Aus then there is no way it should be flowering now unless you force it.

Secondly, the seed you popped was it just a standard or feminised ? It seems to me it is a standard and by the looks of your plant and what you have described, you have a plant that has begun flowering, only down side is it is a male !

I suppose you can keep it, look at some of the forums where the guys turn male plants into smokable wax or some thing I think it is. Me personally, I don't breed my weed so a male seed is a pain in the ass indeed.

Get your seeds feminised, and you should not have this issue. Nothing worse than giving love and attention to your plant only to find out at the last minute it's a boy !

4. CSS, take a closer pic.

5. It's special Kush #1. I only get feminized seeds but I read that there is something like a 10% chance of having a male seed from feminized seeds

6. OK, I never knew that. I guess the chance is there, I mean the seeds are feminised artificially so nature could get the shits. Is there any pistils showing ? (Pics not too clear) if there is you have a hermie, if not then you may well be unfortunate enough to have received a 10% male ! Bad luck man.

7. #887 Ausweed, Oct 10, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
    Just one thing, curiosity here purely.......when you say the seed popped on the 7/9 do you mean the 7th of Sept or do you mean 9th of July ?? In Aus we read that as7th Sept.

8. July 9th. I know I was a lil late this ear but I'm still learning

9. I've only READ the 'buying feminized seeds, you have a 10% likelihood of getting a male.'
    I suck at math so I guess that means if you buy 10 feminized seeds, you can expect 1 male and 9 females?!
    I'm no scientist and if I'm wrong so be it. I'd rather learn new things than pretend I can back up something I read on the internet lol. Maybe that was a stupid page or something.
    I've also READ that hermis are used to produce feminized seeds. I think it was actually on a hermi thread, some cat tellin the guy asking for help that If he grew the hermi he could keep it for the seeds it produces cause "that's how seed sellers 'feminize' seeds."
    That's a big reason I was skeptical to ask questions;
    ppl giving beginners misinformation. I seem to be getting good info here(thank you bud).
    The plant has pistils... But it's probably only been about a few days of flowering... I need to look up more on that

10. Sounds like a hermie then my friend.

Just so you know if you had hermie seeds off a hermie plant you will more than likely 99% chance your seed will carry the genetic hermie trait.

Female seeds are made using chemicals such as silver colloid.
    Good luck man

11. #891 mactheman, Oct 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2014
    ---------------
    good seed breeders would never use hermies to make femmed seed,,,,but they induce a strong female that shows no hermie trends,,to make pollen by spaying it or a branch with a chemical  that makes the branch/plant produce male flowers,and use that to pollinate other female plants /clones,quite differrent to using hermies which is a female plant that grows male flowers naturaly without the chemical spayed on to it, or some thing like that ,,i am sure some body here at GC who knows how to make femmed seeds will put me right ,,,,,,mac.
     Aussweed above as answered about the chemical used in the spray,,,,,mac

12. Need a lil help identifying what I have
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1415159974.779481.jpg

Sent from OuterSpace using Grasscity Forum

13. #893 Ausweed, Nov 5, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
  14. Looks female

15. What, have you got a super magnifier or something ? There's not a pistil in sight.....your looking at the branches beginning there my friend if you think that's female..........

16. Ive had to go thru identify ing these plenty of times my labtop is the shit I can see the beginning of the calyx feed this plant as a female dnt treat it like a male update this thread when ur plants bigger crystal an we will see whats up

17. Can u see on this one

Attached Files:

18. Fuck yeah, that laptop is the shit, but I can't see any signs of sex yet......

19. #900 Ausweed, Nov 7, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2014
    On that near branch I reckon that's the petioles or stipules, even at the top it's too busy to confirm the female calyx.............I reckon wait till it matures more then you will know for certain