How To Tell Whether Your Plants Male Female Or A Hermaphrodite

Discussion in 'Marijuana Growing Guides' started by Skunky Monkey, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Emergency question!!! If the male plants has gave off some of its pollen but the female plants are in very early stage of budding were budds are jus starting to form will it still of polinated all the females ?? Thanks for any help

Sent from my SM-G900F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. ------#you could try spraying some water on the females to try and wash off any pollen that settled on the leaves to stop it getting on more hairs  ,,but if youve got a lot of white hairs looks like it could be pollenated ,,,you should have seen the male before it opened its sacs,,,,,plus if youve got lots of female buds dont spray,,it;ll rot them,,i only meant spray if they are just a very few white hairs showing,,,mac

3. I would of but been on holiday jus got bk an the friend that I left it with 'who nows his stuff' but obviously doesn't didn't have a clue I've toke them strait out of there but can see quite a few sacks have opened but I have some that have only been in flower 2 week so are litraly jus forming up didn't no if the bud needed to be fully formed to be polinated or if it can be polinated from rite at the begining thanks for your help

Sent from my SM-G900F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. So you shouldn't switch to 12/12 until you see the preflower?

5. OK SINCE we're all talking about sex baybee lol like the song lol someone TELL me if I'M looking at the beginning of a female or what's going on BC these little notches at the branches splits weren't there just this morning

Their not very big but their there... right understand the new growth... Yea little brother zippo fluid and matches but she's pulling a nice hard turn up for me so hope someone can TELL me something lol

♡☆Mrs.SnwBunie

Attached Files:

6. Branches, I have two bagseed doing the same thing. It's too young to sex, unless it's a cutting of a mature plant

7. Well thats great news then right!! And Thanx for responding!

Ü Mrs.SNWbunie27 ت

9. Hey guys what's the BEST so III l for my girl. I'M GETTING new soil today and I'M going to transplant her into it I'M look-in .at her and thinking she's done so much for me just keeping me in positive emotions and not angry and just keeping me occupied but I feel like she's suffering. Like she Vibing her SHIT right through my chest so I found someplace that's a hydro shop and they carry all the fox farms the happy frog ocean 12 and like 5 OTHER fox farm soils and little rocks for the hydro growers which o do know the difference but I DON'T KNOW which is different about the foxfarm soil.... OK here right now and I need someone to TELL me anything here soon I have to get going to hydro shop so please LEAVE me some info and advice thank you!!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Is my Baby girl hurting!!! Please LEAVE advertising very on we hay kind of foxfarm to get for her now and when when she's flowering. I don't want to transplant her AGAIN after this so I want a soil that's got enough quality to it for both now and flowering but uh f the shop has it on gonna get big bloom to help her along when and if the soil is depleted of the nutes from my growing gal. DOES that happen! I'M not even sure please advice me!!!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

11. ----------------- hi Mrs.SNbunnie27,,,,,,the older growth on your plant is a bit burnt ,,but look at the newer growth its looking nice and green ,lookin ok,,,,,,them burnt brown leaves wont ever get green ,,,so concentrate on the new growth thats looking good,,,,,sorry can help with which soil to use ,,but people here should fill you in on the best,,, mac

12. I'm not sure but if I buy a seed feminized, it's impossible to find a male. 

I have just buy some White Widow from Bulk Seeds

13. put it in coco soil and sphagnum moss.. Then don't feed them right away...put it in your new soil and Barely water at first... No nutes yet till it roots. Or let it dry out in the same soil...don't water with tap water

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. Don't water with tap water ?? Tap water is fine mate....

15. You just answered your own question................buying feminized seeds should tell you that it is nearly impossible to find a male

16. --------------------
    if you use tap water it should be ok if you let it stand for 24 hours before use,,,if the water company as used chlorine in the water ttreatment it'll evaporate the chlorine and other chems they use,,,,,mac

17. I use a large trough to put tap water in with a mosquito dunk that has Bacillus thuringiensis subsp. israelensis (Bti) in it. That lets the utility chemicals evaporate and treats the water/soil for fungus gnats at the same time when used. Be sure the tap water has enough surface area to properly allow the chlorine/chemicals to evaporate. A gallon jug with a small cap doesn't work well due to the extremely small surface area for the chlorine/chemicals to evaporate. A bucket or pail is better. Then be sure to check the pH. My tap runs very high at 8.0 pH so must be adjusted before using. Untreated tap water can and will influence your growth. Distilled water at the store or from a dehumidifier is better yet.

18. Just food for thought, but I read somewhere that the chlorines being added to tap water these days need to be physically removed from the water, they no longer use a chlorine that will evaporate.

I also read that the amount of chlorine in tap water is harmless to plants and us, which is why we drink it. I know it's different horses for different courses but PH this and that.....never worried about it in my life and I have never damaged my plants with non PH checked tap water.

19. #879 mactheman, Oct 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
    --------------------
    hi Aus  i with you on this thing about chlorine ...i dont like the stuff in my water supply ,,,but ive never had any trouble with my plants with straight from the tap water either,,,,but i live in the uK ,,,so i dont know about the quality of water coming from taps in other countries .but it dont hurt for the water to stand just for a while if you think it makes a difference,,,,,mac   PS i grow in soil so i dont know about Hydro growing so letting the water stand may be better for hydro growers

20. Please... Some help would be much appreciated.
    Do those lil sacs indicate my plant is a hermi?

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412658121.054846.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412658139.458623.jpg