How To Tell Whether Your Plants Male Female Or A Hermaphrodite

Discussion in 'Marijuana Growing Guides' started by Skunky Monkey, Jul 31, 2011.

1. For a plant to show sex it doesn't have to be on a 12/12 light cycle. Most plants will show sex around 1 - 1 1/2 months old. That is when they are sexualy mature.

2. female or male anyone?

Attached Files:

3. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1398438897.436193.jpg male or female?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. I don't see any signs of sex yet but its definitely a sativa dominant plant and with all the sativa dominant plants I have grown they tend to show sex later then a indica dominant plant.

5. Thanks it's a month old now prolly another few weeks then?

6. Once their past the seedling stage about a month to month and half you should start seeing signs of plant sex with sativa`s being towards the latter part.

7. Some plants however will not show sex at all until they begin flower.............either manually switching the lights if indoor or waiting till the summer solstice and the shortening of daylight hours if outdoor.

8. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1398612886.202464.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1398612917.118154.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1398612933.385055.jpg any signs I've had Alota growth in the past few days

9. Or how long would I have to change it to 12 \\12

10. #730 gingerb, Apr 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2014
    Anyone tell me what they think on my x2 remaining plants?
    It maybe too early too tell, currently into day 34 of my grow.
    Worried about plant 1 being a boy, but am pretty sure plant 2 is female.

See what you think:

plant1_1280x800.jpg
    plant1again_1280x800.jpg
    plant2_1280x800.jpg

11. I can take up to 2 weeks on a 12/12 cycle to start seeing signs of sex or flowering.

12. Pic one looks like it might be a male but still kinda early and pics 2,3 don't see any signs of sex yet.

Pics one and two are the same plant, pic 3 is my 2nd plant.

14. In pic one it looks like it could be a little ball sack but its not that close up of a pic or it could also just be new veg growth so keep an eye on the spot. I usually start looking around the second node from the top.

Here's better photo of the suspected male plant, see what you think?
    Poss_male.jpg

16. Don't see any definite signs of sex yet.

Ok cool, am keeping fingers crossed my two remaining plants are females.
    They are meant to be female seeds aswell.

18. Can anybody please tell me if I have a male or female plant. I'm extra nervous it looks male to me.

Attached Files:

19. Male! 100% sure, final answer. :)