Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Decarb Weed

• Please log in to reply

Ontarios

Ontarios

• Registered Upgraded
  • 448 posts
Hello, I am somewhat new to weed edibles. I just recently saw that you should decarb your bud before making any edibles. What is the reason for this?

Similar Topics: Decarb Weed     x

BadKittySmiles

BadKittySmiles

Compassion Support BadKatsCannaPharm.com

• Bronze Member
  • 6,586 posts

• Canada x 420 and caliweeds420 like this

Tihspeed

Tihspeed

master bator

• Gold Member
  • 9,242 posts

Ontarios

Ontarios

• Registered Upgraded
  • 448 posts
Thanks a lot for your info BadKittySmiles. I now know that I should decarb all my bud before making any food with it. I am now wondering, how long should I put my ground up bud in the oven for, and at what temperature? I have high-quality 'dank' as people would say, so I know it probably shouldnt be in there too long, unlike if it were fresh herb straight off the plant, that was not dried or cured. I am thinking I should put it in there at around 250 for 20 minutes. Does this sound good?

Tihspeed

Tihspeed

master bator

• Gold Member
  • 9,242 posts

Tihspeed

Tihspeed

master bator

• Gold Member
  • 9,242 posts

Ontarios

Ontarios

• Registered Upgraded
  • 448 posts
Okay, so she said she decarbs for 20 minutes, at 250? I'm sorry Im pretty tired and its tough for me to get a read on this.

Tihspeed

Tihspeed

master bator

• Gold Member
  • 9,242 posts

buckbuck

buckbuck

• Registered Upgraded
  • 251 posts
I know this is an older thread but I've been looking with no results.

To make Rick Simpson oil. would I need to decarb the Herb?

I've done great with edibles, decarbing with no problems . I'm unsure if Decarbing will strip out what is needed in Simpson oil. Thank you.

A link or advice would be greatly appreciated. thank you all Happy new Year !

gangeefried718

gangeefried718

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 1,338 posts

I know this is an older thread but I've been looking with no results.

To make Rick Simpson oil. would I need to decarb the Herb?

I don't think that the Simpson Oil method uses any heat other than the heat used to evaporate the solvent. His oil isn't processed to make you high. Its made to deliver cannabinoids to heal.

THC in its un-aged form has great healing properties. I believe that this is what Mr Simpson was going for with his oil. I've heard people talk about consuming it and there was no mention of getting high.

Watch this video on the healing properties of juiced fresh cannabis.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa0nLdVJiIg&feature=player_embedded"]Leaf - YouTube[/ame]

buckbuck

buckbuck

• Registered Upgraded
  • 251 posts
Huge help Gangeefried thank you. Very informative video. I'd rather keep the stoned effects out as much as possible. Very cool site here. I think between Cannabis and H202 life is going to be allot better.

Edited by buckbuck, 02 January 2012 - 11:21 AM.

BadKittySmiles

BadKittySmiles

Compassion Support BadKatsCannaPharm.com

• Bronze Member
  • 6,586 posts

• TXbudLover likes this

buckbuck

buckbuck

• Registered Upgraded
  • 251 posts
Wow thank you Kitty, that will keep me busy researching and reading but I think my answers are there. Thank you very much for your time spent replying.

mk9391

mk9391

• Registered Upgraded
  • 511 posts
kitty... you are a god

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users