Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Prices for 1/8, 1/4, 1/2 and ounce of good weed?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by AldiabFTW, Jul 30, 2011.

1. you wouldn't know a 10 if you smoked it. just because you know a guy who grows his own or claims to does not in any way make it a 10 or a 9 or even an 8. i am not in any way saying the weed is shit or anything nor am i dissing the prices. i am just saying that you get what you pay for. if that is what you pay then you are not getting an 8 or 9 or 10 as far as grade or quality go. this might be a 10 to you but it most certainly is not in any way going to be top shelf as far as i see it, nor would most others here. travel the world, smoke some budda, take some pictures and then you will understand what it is i am saying.

so, to reiterate, you get what you pay for. i have smoked bud from there and even lived there for a couple years. i was never happy with that bud for 2 reasons. what they called top shelf or a number 10 or what ever it is you use for said terminology was far from it and they wanted me to pay top shelf prices for what i considered mids. i would go to Washington or Oregon to get what i felt was a better product and a better price {i did buy weight so i wouldn't have to make a 450 mile trip for an eighth}.

for me money isn't an issue and i have paid some pretty extravagant prices for some pretty exotic smoke. there are only 2 times in my life that i can remember smoking flower that i would call a 10. i had Tangerine Dream when i was in Amsterdam in 2010 {the best smoke i have had in my entire life} and in some bud type fair in the forests of Oregon i had some sort of "purple hair something or other" that they referred to it. i couldn't be sure of that one exactly but it was definitely a ten in my book. i have been smoking a lot of top shelf from the Las Vegas dispensaries {delivery service} and it has been for the most part a 9 {definitely top shelf}. definitely better then what the home growers are selling to everyone out here.

i am all about amazing and exotically wonderful smoke. if it was there i would be smoking it!

2. #42 Bonghoots4lyfe, Aug 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2014
    These are the exact same prices I get for the best weed, and I also happen to live on Vancouver island.

Guess us British Columbians are lucky Lol

3. I can get a high grade medical indoor ounce for $142.00 but fortunately I know some people that deliver good medicine. Ounces like that usually run 180-200 where I am at in north Seattle right now.

$20: 2.2g

$25: 3.5-4grams

$50-$55: 7 grams

$90-$100: 14 grams

$170-$200: 28 grams

Yeah that guy is smoking some mid grade bud though guaranteed, or he has the homie hook up. When I was up in UBC they were trying to sell me some shitty bud for 40 an eighth. Thats up at the college and you know kids are trying to get those deals which they should have. I tried talking the guy down because I didn't want to smoke that badly and I wanted good weed.

There is great bud in bc, but some of it is absolute shit and the people in whistler try and tax hard. I bought a super cheap ounce of mids from some dude I saw at the bar in vancouver and he gave this girl I was with a free eighth haha. That guy was awesome.

BC is one of my favorite places.

5. #45 BarackO'Ganja, Aug 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2014
    Sure bro you're sum expert eh hahah
    I understand what you're saying but unless you live in Alberta and smoke the stuff I do for the prices around here  you can't say its not 8, 9, 10 outta 10 because you never smoked it 
    \nAlso when I said 8-10 I meant 8 outta 10 not a 10 outta 10 

6. #46 Anonymous_Stoner, Aug 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2014
    Damn, I see alot of high prices just for an 1/8th.. I get my 1/8ths for $40 and it is high quality strain, doesn't crack when you break up the bud, moist and smooth to snap in my bong, the hairs and trichs are long and the thc crystals are very visible.. so for someone to buy an 1/8th for more than $40 is just a plain rip off, i dont care how 'bomb' your bud is..

7. Also take in note all these grasscity users may live in different countries therefor have a different currency than what your country is.

@[member="United"] States down at Massachusetts the BEST deal you will ever get for an 1/8th of bomb would be $35. Reply if you think you can rebuttle.

8. heh heh heh....
    what ever you say kid....

9. I live in Canada, I have my card so I pay 35 for a quarter, 75 for a half, 150 for a ounce.
    On the street i'd pay 70 for a quarter, 120 for a half, 200 for an ounce.
    O Canada!!!!!

10. My boy does 1/8 for $40, 1/4 for $90, and 1/2 for $160. Idk how much he sells his oz for but I got one guy who'll do the oz for $250. And yes all of it is some dank.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. 1/8-45
    1/4-80
    1/2-140-150
    Ounce-260-280

It's fire too, can get some cheaper "dank" but it's basically high mids. Good for rolling up blunts though.

12. Ontario Canada:
    1/8: 30$
    1/4: 60$
    1/2: 100$
    Zip: 180$
    QP: 550$
    Pound: 1900$

13. #55 Thage22, Nov 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2014
    Reggie
    1/8 = $10
    1/4 = $20
    Etc

Mids

$8 a gram

Top shelf

$18 a gram

14. For top shelf dank from the MMJ dispensary:

Eighth: $25, i'll pay $30 if it's phenomenal

Quarter: $50-60

Half ounce: $100-120

The only bad thing about buying from legit dispensaries is that they don't really give discounts for getting more weight, but that's alright since I'm an eighth/quarter kinda guy.

15. Dime bag = $10 worth of weed. Everybody is paying $10 for a dime bag.

• Like Like x 1
  16. 40 for 1/8 and 90 for 1/4?

17. Yea I don't get people in this thread either. They say they pay $50 for 1/8 and $90 for a quarter and then 140 for a half? Why would they be getting such a big discount for buying a half? 

18. With that post, I guess I would be buying 2 eights instead of one quarter...lol...save me ten bucks!

• Like Like x 1