Anyone here doing ramadan?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Honor Roll, Jul 30, 2011.

1. I'm fasting :)

2. would smoking weed during fasting break your fast? ive always wondered this, does anyone know for sure?

3. smoking in general invalidates the fasting

thats why some people wait till after they break there fast to smoke

but what i am confused on is some people still smoke cigs AFTER they break the fast in the evening...i dont see why a joint/vape or whatever would be bad because obviously it is not harmful like a tobacco cig

4. #44 MasterOG, Aug 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    alright cool, and you can thank 70 years of propaganda for that lol

5. God mentioned in the qur'an that any substance that will get you out of the normal state of mind is forbidden.

There are different reasons to smoke weed and i have a big feeling that if you are sober but with just a few adjustments that wouldn't effect your judging then it can't be haram, or it can but then cigarettes would be as forbidden as alcohol.

6. #46 MasterOG, Aug 3, 2011
    i know it says any intoxicating substance is haram, but as far as science has shown cannabis is barely considered toxic, its less harmful than caffiene and idk about you but where im from my family and friends cant go a day without tea or coffee lol. Not to mention the fact that cannabis is one of the best medicines known to man, on top of that our bodies even have endocannabinoid systems. So therefore i feel that cannabis might just be an exception, cause i cant grasp why Allah would a plant with this many uses on the Earth only for it to be haram lol

7. i was just about to ask if mind altering sunbstances are haram

8. I knew you were :devious:

9. In the quran Alchohol and intoxicants are forbidden. No where will you find mention of cannabis being haram.

In fact, cannabis has been known to be used in the ancient medicine, developed by Muslim scholars.

the implication that it is harmful and considered deviant is very much so a western development.

I can get into Shite and Sunni differences, and their development with western studies in regards to intoxicants and what is haram or not..but its not worth it.

You will always have a side that is for and against.

10. #50 MasterOG, Aug 3, 2011
    thats true, are you muslim by any chance?

11. cool! ramadan kareem :smoke:

12. Yeah but in the quran i believe they are referring to alcohol the word, KHAMR or something like that ( i do not speak arabic) translates to alcohol, some people argue it means intoxicant but ask anyone fluent in arabic they have told me they are referring to alcohol....i would go so far as to say alcohol can be an intoxicant...dont people black out?

and yeah ammarhio hit it right on the head...i agree 100%

day 4 is going by pretty fast for me i just got off work:hello:

13. Day four of fasting is done, Ramadan mubarak to all my brothers and sisters!!

14. yea! I still have about 20 minutes though lol

15. oof so full. I cant move now. haha

16. I just made a GrassCity account after seeing Honor Roll and Acid Trip's posts about Ramadan, I've never met any stoner Muslims

Ramadan Kareem

By the way, what ethnicity are you guys? I'm Pakistani.

17. Salaam, welcome to the boards

I am Afghan.

and yes i am very full right now too, i wanted to go running later but i dont think i will be able to...

18. Ramadan Kareem

I'm muslim but I haven't started fasting yet...

19. W/Salam man

So many more Muslim smokers that I thought there would be I'm takin a 30 day break

Can't wait for Eid haha