Anyone here doing ramadan?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Honor Roll, Jul 30, 2011.

1. I'm not muslim, but I am in the middle east right now.

I just have an idea, what if you cheat it?
    Because my sleeping schedual here is litereally crazy.

I wake up when the sun goes down as sleep when it comes up.

2. you mean if you sleep all day and stay up all night?
    im sure thats fine, as long as you wake up to pray at the 5 appointed times.
    its just a lot of peopel have work or school so they cant do that

3. Ohh nice i am texting one of my cousins in california he is soo jealous that i get to break my fast in an hour haha im central timing :)

and yeah you can sleep through your fast i mean your supposed to remember god during this period but everybodys life is different, the prayers are important, without those the fast may be invalid (i may be wrong)

4. #24 MasterOG, Aug 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    you're correct, fasting is more than just abstaining from food and drink, prayer is important and w/o it your fast is invalid

5. Imma go make some Ramen now.

I like how my iTouch wanted to autocorrect imma to immature. lulz

6. dude ramen is the shit!

7. dude I want some ramen now too. curse you guys for mentioning it. lol
    all I have is the beef kind though.. fuck.

8. I don't take part in it myself, but much respect to those who do. Ramadan Kareem.

9. thank you brotha:smoke:

My first day wasnt bad...i just dont like working when im fasting...i work in a restaraunt as a waiter, i just get bummed out that i cant drink or eat anything :(

but i honestly got waaay to full when i broke my fast all i had was soup and some potato things.

10. #31 Dum Dum Boy, Aug 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2011
    I remember fasting once and right before the break I remember feeling this lightness and happiness. It's hard to explain, but I consider it a pretty spiritual experience.

11. I LOVE RAMADAN .......Those NOODLES are the BEST !!!!, TRY the SPICY SEAFOOD ONE

12. Cup-a-noodles are pretty good too. Just saying ;)

13. It probably would be a good time for a T Break during Ramadan;

Munchies without the possibility of eating until late in the evening, would be a killer!

14. #35 Verdurous, Aug 2, 2011
    But weed also increases your spiritual threshold, though. I think you'd be more apt to stick to it.

15. It was a bit of a throwaway comment, I'll admit;

However, I have never really found the spiritual connection that some attribute to cannabis. Mind you, I am quite private with my own sprirituality, and I would rather not go and start to put weed on the same pedistal as my religious viewpoint; it doesn't seem a great mixture from my experience; it'd only encourage me to smoke more :eek:

16. #37 Verdurous, Aug 2, 2011
    I don't quite go that far with it. It's just something that opens me up more to thinking about spirituality. You know?

17. Yeah, I mean I know that people say such things, it affects some of us in a different fashion to others...

I have always overthought things, too much for my own good; I tend to like being stoned as it stops me from needing to think too much...Whatever floats one's boat. :smoke:

18. #39 Verdurous, Aug 2, 2011
    Well, yeah, I'm the same way. That's why I say it helps me think about spirituality because I don't have to think about fifteen million different details and nit pick the hell out of then all of the time.

19. Syria is. Caused 24 people to fast permanently yesterday.

Governments at work.