Healthy stoners?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by quitecontraryy, Jul 29, 2011.

1. I think there's a stereotype for stoners that they are unhealthy and don't exercise and eat junk food. I thought that before I started smoking. Marijuana has inspired me to eat healthy and keep in shape, not that I was ever really in bad shape. any other healthy stoners?

2. I eat healthy, not much junk food and i only drink water and tea. ^.^

3. I do cardio everyday, go to the gym five times a week, avoid all unhealthy foods/drinks, and smoke weed every now and then.

There are alot of idiots nowadays who will put down weed, yet they chug down a soda which is probably killing them alot faster than weed ever could.

4. weed is good for me

5. people always talk of stereotypes, what about monotypes? People are audiocists?

6. Hell yeah dude! At least 5 pieces of fruit and veg per day. Lots of wheat and rye. 2 liters of water a day minimum. Wholemeal bread. Seeds, raisins and nuts for snacking on. Not too much dairy. Cycle or mountain bike almost everyday. Workout every second day. Plenty greens. Try to smoke only high quality homegrown herb, out of glass preferably. It's all good my man. :D

As the great Dead Prez say:
    "You are what you eat so I strive to be healthy,
    My goal in life is not to be rich or wealthy,
    'Cause true wealth comes from good health and wise ways,
    We got to start taking better care of ourselves, be healthy ya'll"

Peace. :smoke:

7. I think mary jane is extremely healthy

8. healthy stoner here ... the trick to good health is to make it all about micronutrients and phytochemicals. which means making every meal revolve around vegetables. I still eat other things, but treat them as a side, the main dish is always vegetables. For all meals.

9. Being a stoner isn't like being a heroin addict, it's doesn't make you sickly or anything. Sure it gives you the munchies but that's where will power comes in. There's no reason to not be in shape if you smoke pot. Most pro athletes smoke a shit ton.

Eating healthy plays a role but you can get away with indulging the munchies provided you exercise a lot.

10. #10 quitecontraryy, Aug 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    That's exactly my opinion

11. I'm a bike riding, weed tokin, veggie boy haha. I consume mostly fruit and do 70+ mile rides

12. well if you toke all day every day you're gonna have shit lungs

other than that it's not that bad for you, not bad at all if you vape

13. i toke everyday and work out 6x a week. i workout in the morning to get it over with so i can smoke and not worry about not having energy, etc. i mostly eat unprocessed produce. a lot of fruits that i'll just peel and eat. at least 2.5 liters of water a day. i tried to go vegan for a month but that shit was way too strict for me lol.

14. I hear ya. They smoke 2 packs a day. Idiots.

15. I never heard that stereotype, but I'm probably healthier than most of the people I encounter.

16. I'm definitely healthier than most of the.non smokers I know, I eat well I drink 2 litres of water every day, i go to the gym 3 days a week swimming 2 days a week and walk my dogs every single day for an hour
    The only times I'm not healthy is weekends and on holiday then I eat what I want and sit around like a couch potato its awesome!
    moderation is important but I just can't understand people who constantly count calories I dont think that's any way to live your life

17. #17 Endless Rain, Jul 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2013
    At first I must admit I was not a healthy stoner at all; I gave into munchies way to often and did not eat good food to make things worse, I was lazy, and didn't do as much exercise as I should have. That has changed, I have lost almost all my excess body fat, gained a significant amount of muscle (still working on that) and I am eating all good healthy homemade food. It feels really good to. Never felt better.
    It can be done. having healthy snacks available for munchies (which I barely crave into now) makes a huge different too

18. love your body and it'll love you back  :smoke:

19. rofl at that stereotype. I'm in better shape than anyone I know in my city, workout rigorously 2x a day... former intercollegiate soccer player as well... lazy my ass, incredible shape + 4.0 GPA past 5 semesters in uni (since I started to toke more than once a day... doing it 3x a day now). Weed helps me achieve everything and more. 

20. Marijuana has made me think more of my health as it concerns my mental well being.
    Mary Jane+fruits and nuts+yoga= good vibes for the day