How bad have you screwed up your hearing?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Noxnoctum, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Can you hear THIS? Musicians high frequency Hearing Test

I couldn't hear past 16 (had to max the volume for it too) ... and I'm 23. Guess that's what I get for listening to 6+ hours of music on headphones every day for the past decade :p... not to mention going to several absurdly loud concerts :rolleyes:

2. I was born with high frequency hearing loss and I can't hear past 15 khz on that test.

It sucks in social situations because I can't hear consonants too well. :(

I think I have superhuman low-frequency hearing though, I can hear humming machinery oscillations when nobody else can. :smoking:

3. I got to 16. I blame listening to my music at full blast on headphones with built in subwoofers.

4. 18... fuck

5. interesting.. I got to 19.

6. #6 mandrin13, Jul 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2011
    what??

17 damn I thought I would do better :(

7. 17's the last one I can hear. I dont have the best hearing as it is but not bad.

8. I could barely hear 12 and 14 was silent. I'd say over a decade of shows and concerts without using earplugs probably fucked my ears up just a tiny bit. :smoke:

9. What's a machinery oscillation? You mean like screws rattling or something in a machine? Sounds cool though. You're like Daredevil or something, just for low frequencies :D.

10. Oscillation is something revolving, like a motor spinning. For example, in my old house none of my roommates could hear the refrigerator motor, but it was loud and annoying to me. I can also hear car engines and doors shutting better than a lot of people, so I'm first to know when people are in my driveway.

I'd trade it for high frequency hearing any day though. :D

11. With my Alessandro MS1000s and the volume at max I can hear all of them but the last 3 are really faint.

12. 19 kHz for me.

I'm pursuing a career in sound design so I try to look after my ears for the most part.

I really don't want tinnitus

13. My cat can hear all of them just fine coming out of my Mini Hi-Fi system whereas I can't hear shit past 19kHz without headphones.

14. I don't have that great of hearing. Though I am amazed at just how good my hearing kind of is. I listen to metal almost 24/7 non-stop full blast, work construction with heavy tractors and tools, so my hearing has taken it's toke.

15. I swear on everything i could hear all them

16. I couldn't hear 15, 16, or 17, but I could hear 18 perfectly. Nothing after that though.

17. I can hear them all and I'm 19

18. Just remember, even if you get hearing damage you can always crank it louder.

19. No shit - I really made it up to 17 K! Almost made my head explode, but I heard it!

I'm a musician (rock music), been bangin loud music for years, and I'm almost 32.

:hello: