Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Mother WILL NOT STOP INSISTING ON GATEWAY THEORY

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by BloodLust, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Okay, so about 3 days ago I was " Caught" [NO THIS IS NOT ANOTHER "Help I got caught" Thread] and I have been staying at another house while my mom calms down, she says she can't trust me, i'm making choices that will lead me down the wrong path, I will get caught by the police and fuck up my life, I will eventually get involved in heavier drugs *Like HER mother, Brother, and friends did [my grandmother was killed at age 53 by a physical addiction to heroin after having multiple heart procedures].

The thing is I have asked her to turn a blind eye to my MJ habbit, just like she does with my step father. She says "I will NEVER support you, if you keep going on this path, you will be on the road alone after you burned every bridge and ounce of trust in this family" *thought it was funny talking about burning ounces :smoke:* but my step father smokes multiple times a day, she says I will stop going to school etc, well I am starting my college classes this year and I am more excited than ever!:hello: Guess what gave me all that motivation to do so good in school and thoroughly enjoy my classes and studies. Yep. You guessed it, that ol' Mary-Jew-Wanna!!

How can I possibly conjure the words to express the gratitude I have for MJ and how could I possibly show her that feeling that leads me to be a more mature grown up responsible adult, who wants to be independent and what not. I mean, with my financial plan, I should be able to afford a BOAT by the time im in my late 20's.... If I can do all that while smoking MJ, be responsible, not get caught by the popo's, be active in pro-legalization activities, get ALL my shit done in school, be more happy and have a better ethic, all because of alittle flower. WHY THE FUCK NOT. Im so pissed at her for being so closed minded. While I respect her, her rules, her house, her money, her passed experiences, NOT EVERYONE WHO SMOKED POT DOES HEROIN OR IS SUICIDAL. I just can't shove that through her skull!

To her credit the ONLY thing, MJ has made me want to try is shrooms. So MJ has made me want to try "harder" things but only because I think it is a experience I want to try at least once in life!

Jesus Christ! I just want to her lighten up on the "If you smoke pot you will fucking burn in hell and this family will disown you" shit....

2. So...what you want us to do? And sorry to hear that, have you tried reasoning with her at all? (didnt read everything

3. Have you given her the "everybody who's drank alcohol has drank water before, does that mean water is a gateway to alcohol?" comparison??

4. If she has an ipod or a macbook, tell her that Steve Jobs smoked weed
    And if she runs windows tell her that so did Bill Gates. Look how well they did.

Or you could move out.

5. just give her the facts. tell her that it's your life and she can't control it. weed is only a gateway drug if you let it be

6. I know that feel man. My mom is still the same. My brother died at age 24 inside our house because of an overdose on some pills. He really affected the way my mom viewed drugs. Also her first husband abused her and went through all the drugs, like the gateway theory and she thinks that since she's seen a lot of people go through it that I will. Sure I might do mushrooms or salvia or some other drug but I promised never to do all the bad shit.

7. This one will shut her up. She'll probably say something along the lines of "But it's not the same!" :rolleyes:

8. No shes not like that, She straight up told me " I dont give a fuck what some study or scientist says, I know what weed does, im not retared, It does lead to other things." But I think out of all her 15-20 friends she SAW go down that path, they were destined to smoke crack or whatever ANYWAY. just bad examples.

9. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW3PFC86UNI&ob=av2e]‪Parents Just Don't Understand‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

10. respect ur mothers rules until u have a job and can afford to move out.

11. Thats kinda dumb because you need water to live, not to mention 50-65 percent of your body is water :wave:. get PWNED

12. TL;DR, but from the title my suggestion is just shrug it off and let her think what she wants. I learned this is the best option from arguing the same thing with my mom. I do have a +1 on her seeing as I started getting high on Xanax before I even thought of smoking weed though :p

Just don't give her a reason to keep believing the Gateway Theory. As in, if you partake in other drugs, make the fuck sure she doesn't know.

13. #13 BloodLust, Jul 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2011
    oh yeah, thanks bro. :wave: All the information I needed.

Let it all be Known i Donk is the erowid of useless posts.

I dont, strictly sticky icky bro.

14. Weed isn't a gateway drug. It's not like when you smoke you hear a voice in your head saying "try harder drugs".

15. I do...

16. eh water, milk, OJ, whatever you wanna substitute

17. I wonder what the main ingredient is, in milk and OJ?

18. Its funny cuz I dont believe in the gateway theory yet but since my first time smoking pot, ive done salvia, shrooms, LSD, E(only 1 time) and cocaine(just 1 time). I think people just say if u do weed you'll get addicted to harder drugs, which I completely think is bullshit becuz i think addiction all depends on the person, because I smoke cigarettes but i can smoke for a couple months then take about a few months not smoking and start up again. Im not addicted to weed, but I smoke almost everyday, i can go with out it for awhile and I have in the past. I think the problem is that they make weed out to be such this terrible drug in propaganda but when kids actually do it they realize that this isnt dangerous at all so they then move on to harder drugs thinking what else has the government lied to us about. Its kinda sad that the gateway theory comes from the very source that creates the gateway

19. Write her a letter if she won't listen to you. Tell her your feelings and only your feelings not what a scientist says...maybe this does not make sense..but I have always been better at getting my point across in wrting.