Growing For Dispensaries

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Kaptain Stealth, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Yeah that's what I was thinking. Gotta get those bag appeal strains. Are those clones easy to find or hard as well? And how much should I expect to pay per clone?

2. #22 mjmama25, Jul 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2011
    It depends on where you live how hard or easy it is to find good strains. I pay $10. each. Used to be $20 but they lowered the price. But you can buy one plant of each strain you want and then take your own clones after that. It's a cost efficient way to grow.

3. I see, that's not bad. Thanks for the help man.

4. only downside is it lowers the quality of bud every generation you go from the seed

5. #25 bubba ho-tep, Nov 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2014

6. Any insight on CA dispensaries how much they pay for Tahoe OG?

7. #27 str8jacket, Apr 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2015
    Growing from clones is the ONLY way to get repeatable results and make the same phenotype available for months/years.

Growing  from clones lowers the quality? That is an extremely misinformed statement.

You get top quality bud (and propagate it) by starting with a lot of seeds and finding the best genotype/phenotype, then dialing in your system to get the full potential of the strain/phenotype, and learn how to propagate from cuttings without stressing them so you can keep producing that awesome genotype/phenotype for years.

Even with expensive top shelf strains, it you grow 10 seeds you will see some variation (if you keep them healthy and vigorous). There might be 1 that is head and shoulders above the rest.

It doesn't have to be 'OG' to get over $2000/lb in CA. You get what it's worth. The problem is that most people think that what they are growing is better than it actually is. It takes a lot of work (and some skill) to dial in a setup that consistently produces top quality buds.

If you don't want to sell to a dispensary (most dispensaries in CA are delivery services), just get an account on weedmaps or post a craigslist add and start you're own delivery service. It's perfectly legal in CA as long as you have a recommendation and you only sell to people with a recommendation.

If you don't have a doctor's recommendation, most dispensaries won't deal with you (at least around here).

EDIT:
    You can also grow legally and provide to dispensaries legally (and buy from dispensaries if you want) if you have a patient sign the paper that makes you their care giver. I grew and provided to a dispensary for a few years in WA (quite a few years ago) before I became a patient myself. I had one pheno that I propagated for almost 15 years.

8. As far as growing from clones lowering the quality, I personally find that just about any strain that is 40% - 50% or more sativa doesn't show it's full potential until it's 3-5 months old (in veg). That's kind of difficult to do indoors without cloning.

9. "Growing from clones lowers the quality? That is an extremely misinformed statement."

^^^^ - very misinformed. I've been growing an "MOB" strain a friend of mine gave me almost 10 years ago now and the results today are as consistent as when I first got the cut way back then. Once a year or so I'll simply save a good plant to use as a mother so I've probably taken "cuttings from cuttings" 20-30 times or probably even more now with no decrease in quality.

And you're very right about the phenotype. Starting ten seeds, a hundred seeds and you'll only hope to find the pheno you really want and when you do, cloning is the only real way to hang onto that specific phenotype.

J

10. I am so sorry I have no clue about dispenseries, im on the East coast and its laughable how behind we are lol. BUT something I read really caught my attn. Cloning the seed plant decreases the the potency each generation? I have to call NANS on that. I cant fathom that holding true. Please explain

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Decreased quality from multiple generation cuttings is misinformed stoner science perpetuated on MJ forums.  A cutting is an exact copy of the original and remains so for many decades if the mother plants are healthy.  Genetic drift is only a problem if the plant is infected with a disease or virus.

PW