Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking with a bicuspid aortic valve?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by mason123x, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Hey guys. I was wondering if it was ok to smoke marijuana if i have a heart condition called a bicuspid aortic valve

A bicuspid aortic valve is an aortic valve that only has two leaflets, instead of three.

The aortic valve regulates blood flow from the heart into the aorta, the major blood vessel that brings blood to the body.

The aortic valve allows oxygen-rich blood to flow from the heart to the aorta. It prevents the blood from flowing back from the aorta into the heart when the pumping chamber relaxes.

Bicuspid aortic valve is present at birth (congenital). An abnormal aortic valve develops during the early weeks of pregnancy, when the baby's heart develops. The cause of this problem is unclear, but it is the most common congenital heart disease. It often runs in families.

The bicuspid aortic valve may not be completely effective at stopping blood from leaking back into the heart. This is called aortic regurgitation. The aortic valve may also become stiff and not open up as well, causing the heart to have to pump harder than usual to get blood past the valve (aortic stenosis). The aorta may become enlarged with this condition.

This condition is more common among males than females.

A bicuspid aortic valve often exists in babies with coarctation of the aorta and other diseases in which there is a blockage to blood flow on the left side of the hear

From what i read it says you should smoke, but are they just talking about cigarettes.

Thanks guys :hello:

2. If it doesn't convince you, go see a chill doctor and ask him/her

3. sounds alright. definitely consult a doctor, doesn't matter if they're chill or not; if they report you to the police they've violated your patient rights, and you can sue the living fuck out of them.

4. Thanks guys. Do you know if there are any online doctors or like free call a doctor because i am a little short on cash right now.

5. any updates on this?^^ I have the same condition since I was born. I have been smoking weed for a good 4 years now, heavily for about two. No problems so far, but I am getting a bit afraid of the possible long term consequences. I really dont wanna stop smoking for good, I love it too much...

6. i currently have this condition and i am cannibis user i find when im smoking i do not get any symptoms and when i stop for long periods of time i get the symptoms chest pains fainting ext... my advice is yes u can and it will benifit you i am not a doctor but i live in canada and i am going to go to my doctor and try and prove how this helps me and get it medically

7. I'm 23 years old and have the same condition and I smoke. I'm wondering the same thing if it's ok to smoke with this condition cuz to be honest I still have chest pain but not while I'm smoking, if I'm not smoking it I have major chest pains and shortness of breath and I saw my doctor today but I'm afraid to tell him I smoke this shit. so please keep me inform if you guys find out it's ok cuz ever other site I seen say no you shouldn't be smoking weed with a bicuspid aortic valve but I really don't wanna stop smoking it either 

8. hey guys any updates?

9. #9 Deleted member 923417, Mar 29, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2020
    deleted

10. They're no longer around if that tells you anything.