Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account
Grasscity.com 420 Sale - 25% Discount

How long till you start to see signs of flowering

• Please log in to reply

Minty Freshness

Minty Freshness

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

i have been flowering a plant for a week and i was just curious to know how long till you start to see the buds growing?

2 weeks-3 weeks how long?

skydog

skydog

• Registered Upgraded
  • 285 posts
it all really depends on the strain.. but usually within a month there should be signs of buds for sure.

NeXXuS

NeXXuS

Prodigal Newb

• Old School
  • 635 posts

i have been flowering a plant for a week and i was just curious to know how long till you start to see the buds growing?

2 weeks-3 weeks how long?

You see any signs of Sex?
Are they getting pitch black nights? That means no light whatsoever.

Personally I saw signs of sex after day 3, The buds themselves will take a while.

Right now you should be concerned more about sex.

Also, it would be helpful to read the sticky guides and some of the first grow posts, like mine titled "Guidance Please"

Read through that it should help tremendously, I know I benefitted from it.

Minty Freshness

Minty Freshness

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
my main concern is when being able to tell the sex sorry i was just saying flowering because finding the sex is the first stage of flowering

buzb8lvr

buzb8lvr

• Old School
  • 1,130 posts
yup it should be under a week in most cases

ChronikTokR

ChronikTokR

• Registered Upgraded
  • 286 posts
what are some signs your plant isnt getting complete dark? im on first grow now with bag seeds under a 400 watt hps and im about a month into flowering. the plant has little popcorn buds all up and down the stems but the thing is the hairs are starting to turn orange. does that matter or does that mean thats all im gonna get?

chicken

chicken

REDNECK GROWER

• Old School
  • 14,068 posts
most wuld say flower for 35 days ,,,or a few more,,,,the potency of the t.h.c. goes down,,,,after it has reached its most potent point,,look at the bud under a microscope to look at the swollen ovaries ,,,the t.h.c. should be visible in each little hair you magnify,,,ifyour hairs are turning,,,,and the ovaries are full (although there is no seed there it will still swell),,,then you may be reaching your end,,,i bet you didnt proprely vegg. it long enough,,,,,sounds like it may of been a tall linky plant also,,,,the strain that bob marley preffered ,,,the haze family,,,and a lot of asian plants grow linky,,,you may have had a linky plant from the start,,,,smoke it and enjoy the hell out of it,,,:devious:

NeXXuS

NeXXuS

Prodigal Newb

• Old School
  • 635 posts

most wuld say flower for 35 days ,,,or a few more,,,,the potency of the t.h.c. goes down,,,,after it has reached its most potent point,,look at the bud under a microscope to look at the swollen ovaries ,,,the t.h.c. should be visible in each little hair you magnify,,,ifyour hairs are turning,,,,and the ovaries are full (although there is no seed there it will still swell),,,then you may be reaching your end,,,i bet you didnt proprely vegg. it long enough,,,,,sounds like it may of been a tall linky plant also,,,,the strain that bob marley preffered ,,,the haze family,,,and a lot of asian plants grow linky,,,you may have had a linky plant from the start,,,,smoke it and enjoy the hell out of it,,,:devious:

35 days is too short for ANY strain.

SmknVTEC

SmknVTEC

• 9,093 posts

chicken

chicken

REDNECK GROWER

• Old School
  • 14,068 posts
i must have hit the wrong key,,,,55 days,,is when i will really start scrutinizing,,,,i base it on this,,white widow which is a outstanding indoor strain takes 8 weeks of flowering to reach doneness,,,,which is 56 days so your strain aint going to do as quick as w.w. so you can go past the 55 and then start looking. if you know the n ame of your strain,,most seed compaies have listed right on the seed info. just how long it takes to flower,,to be done,,,and a lot more info. on the strain..smell,height,yield,mold resistace,e.t.c. see ya

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users