Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Bic lighter on carry on?

• Please log in to reply

Magical Wizard

Magical Wizard

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,205 posts
I'm about to go to the airport and I have my bic light in a pocket of some pants in my carry on. Does anyone have experience with bringing lighters on airplanes? Should I just toss it so I don't miss my flight? I think it has some resin on the bottom too :3.

Help?

Anthony777

Anthony777

Blunts around my neck.

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,181 posts
Hmm, better safe than sorry?

crisk21

crisk21

• Registered Upgraded
  • 159 posts
They don't let you bring lighters on airplanes.

glasslover420

glasslover420

GOT MILK?

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,228 posts
There's a sign right before the security line where they search you here at RDU Airport. It tells you to throw your lighters into the trashcan before getting in line.

Braddock

Braddock

Professional Vapist;

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,636 posts
they wont let it pass and will "recommend" you leave it behind.

Andrew Reynolds

Andrew Reynolds

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 1,096 posts
They don't even let you go through the first set of hallways or whatever its called, they usually have attendants standing at podiums that have big and perfunctory signs that say LEAVE ALL LIGHTERS AND MATCHES HERE

so basically you just lost 2 bucks, oh well

edit: fuck it if its in your bag just go for it and say "I fuckin forgot bitch fuck your stupid fucking airplane I'll walk mother fucker" and scalp that shit homie

Hawaiian Haze

Hawaiian Haze

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 1,230 posts
Not true, I boarded a plane in DC a couple years ago with a lighter I bought at a giftstore within the terminal. It is completely ok.

Andrew Reynolds

Andrew Reynolds

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 1,096 posts
That was a couple of years ago. And in DC they probably want someone to bomb the Capital building or something lol spark some new conflicts

Nhan420

Nhan420

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,225 posts
Bro i can not believe your are even contemplating giving up your freedom for a $1 lighter. Actually not even a dollar, a fucking 5 pack is $4. And the motherfucker has visible resin on it from an illegal stubstance. Get fucking real dude.

Elijames21

Elijames21

King Klick

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,611 posts

Not true, I boarded a plane in DC a couple years ago with a lighter I bought at a giftstore within the terminal. It is completely ok.

btw how is the glassblowing working out?

StillBlazin11

StillBlazin11

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

I believe this to be true. I boarded a plane in RDU and LAX with a lighter. I thought it was strange though because I couldn't board with my bottle of water.

Hawaiian Haze

Hawaiian Haze

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 1,230 posts
It's going well. I've been working on the shed and should have everything up and running by next week.

oldskoolgrower

oldskoolgrower

ಠ_ಠ

• Old School
  • 30,210 posts
TSA: Prohibited Items

EDIT: It always amazes me that people ask questions that could be answered in seconds with a quick search.

ILLOGIK

ILLOGIK

• Registered Upgraded
  • 4,446 posts
I'd ditch. The last few times taking a flight they said you couldn't bring lighters on the plane.
Sure, I'm sure if you put it in your pocket you might get through. But is a dollar lighter worth the risk of getting stopped, questioned?

Anywhere you go there will be plenty of lighters to buy

Magical Wizard

Magical Wizard

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,205 posts

TSA: Prohibited Items

EDIT: It always amazes me that people ask questions that could be answered in seconds with a quick search.

I saw this I was just asking if anyone had firsthand experience

oldskoolgrower

oldskoolgrower

ಠ_ಠ

• Old School
  • 30,210 posts

I saw this I was just asking if anyone had firsthand experience

The question is irrelevant. The list is the list. It doesn't vary from place to place.

Typically they just have you throw it out.

kronman907

kronman907

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,441 posts
I've done it plenty of times, most the time I didn't even know I had one on me. I wouldn't bring bud though. One drug sniffing dog finds you and your a terrorist heading to Cuba.

Hawaiian Haze

Hawaiian Haze

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 1,230 posts

It's going well. I've been working on the shed and should have everything up and running by next week.

I update the thread with a new video of the shed/shop too.

Magical Wizard

Magical Wizard

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,205 posts
Well I got through no problem for anyone who was wondering the same as me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users