Losing Weight

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by FuckBeerGetWeed, Jul 23, 2011.

1. So basically im trying to lose a lot of weight. Like 60-70 pounds at least. I'm 6'8 over 300 lb. At mealtimes i eat very little..i had an apple for lunch today and no breakfast. (however i usually eat breakfast, some fruit and a hard boiled egg) small small steak for dinner. i dont snack at all and feel hungry for most of the day but just ignore it. I go to the gym monday wednesday friday and do an hour and a half of cardio and an hour of lifting. Then tuesday and thursday i run for an hour with sat-sun as rest days. I wanna build muscle and get ripped but want to lose fat at the same time. For this reason i dont know if i should eat more, but im so scared to eat more because i feel like ill gain all the calories back from a workout and wont see any results. Only drink water...this may be a fucked up way to transform my body but fuck it nothing else is working. I wanna consume as little amount of calories as possible so my body will consume my fat for energy and sustenance. Any tips you guys have to better aid me?

2. your 6'8? holy shit man...

3. #3 FuckBeerGetWeed, Jul 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Yeah still growing

4. i know a lot of people eat big ass salads with very very light dressing to fill up. carrots and zuchini in there and you got a meal. also put in some grilled chicken. its bomb

5. losing weight isn't too hard.
    i've lost 50 pounds since mid february.
    i've just been riding my bike for about 30-45 min everyday since then and i've changed my eating habits.
    i eat smaller meals, more often throughout the day. i never get a second helping of anything, etc... i also only drink water (and tea occasionally).
    losing that weight won't be impossible, you just need to stick to a routine.

6. You eat way too little so your body is lowering its metabolism to hold onto the fat. Calculate your bmr based on heigth and weight. and add activity calories and thats how much youll need to maintain. Then minus at the most 1000 calories to lose 2 pounds per week. Takes awhile but this is the only safer way

7. Forget calories bro. Eat as much fruits and veggies as you want. You can eat until your full if the only food you consume is fruits and veggies. You can have grains, organic meats, nuts, and seeds as well but they must be very limited. For you bro I would just detox all the junk out of your system first by eating just the fruits and veggies for a month or 2...the longer the better cause the more you detox. Btw keep 80% of the fruits and veg raw for alkalinity and cellular regeneration. 100% raw fruits and veg is ideal.

Its called raw veganism and it works. Trust me I've done it and am still doing it.

Fruits and veg ftw! :D

Peace

8. Do a lot of running, drink a lot of water, don't eat any kid of fatty substance/food.

9. I've dropped down to 6% body fat 3 times for wrestling, and 5% my senior year, thats where my advice is coming from here:

Start the day with a hot drink, I prefer hot sweet tea, and possibly a morning jog. Something healthy for breakfast, I prefer Cheerios (original flavor) or fruits

For your cardio do both long distance running and short high-intensity bursts with a short rest period. Swimming is really good as well as high intensity sports (wrestling, bjj, kickboxing, olympic lifting, etc.) Even if they're mostly recreational, the YMCA by me has kickboxing, bjj, and MMA conditioning.

Eat throughout the day, 5-7 small meals a day

Don't eat right before bed, try to make breakfast the biggest meal

And having a good lifting schedule, having an inconsistent/badly planned workout schedule you could be missing tons of potential

10. Hemp & GLA: Good Fat Burns Bad Fat (article - no date)
    Hemp & GLA: Good Fat Burns Bad Fat | Manitoba Harvest - Hemp Foods and Oils

Hemp seed oil is a good source of Omega 3. I make my own Italian salad dressing with hemp seed oil and cider vinegar (it has its own health benefits), garlic flakes (ditto), red chili pepper flakes (ditto), Italian seasoning and some bud (very ditto)! It is very good for your heart and a bunch more! Fish oil is also a good source of Omega 3 and can be gotten in capsules.

Avoid processed foods, and stick to "peasant" food- whole grains, lots of veggies and fruits, fish, lean meat. Broth soups are good for diets (once the weather cools off). Learn what the nutrition labels are trying to tell you! Learn to cook!

Granny

11. Rather than dismantle everyone's responses, i'll jus advise you to go to bodybuilding.com to look for advice on this topic, since alot of the info here is dead wrong

12. ^yeah that. Op you lose weight by eating under your caloric maintenance and working out. Your doing cardio as well as lifting regularly so your on the right track.

Your diet is not good though, your practically starving your body. Calculate your caloric maintenance and eat 500 cals less than that.

Also if i were you, i would focus on losing weight first and then bulding muscle later. Cause trying to do both never workes. To build muscle and gain weight you need to eat over maintenance and to lose weight you need to eat under. They conflict so focus on losing weight till your happy with the amount of fat lost, and then work at bulking up.

13. A lot of stuff on bodybuilding.com is dead wrong.

Don't stuff yourself with all that junk they tell you to do there. It will only back you up further and cause more health issues. It may get you looking good, but inside of you will be a mess and you want HEALTH first and looks second.

And anyway, you will get faster results on fruits and veggies dude I promise you that. Then once you get down to your desired bodyfat and you detoxed all the junk out of you, than you can look to bulk up if you wish and you can start eating more amino acids.

Would you rather go the bodybuilding route and wind up with a bunch of health complications later in life(even though you look healthy) or would you want faster results, a long living healthly body, and great looks as well?

I think that is common sense lol

14. Basically what he said but instead of eating the "politically correct" diet...go for the detox fruit and veg diet which will clear your lymphatic system out, reduce inflammation, and regenerate your cells.

15. #16 philevans1992, Jul 23, 2011
    Notice he didnt ask on advice to be healthier, he asked on advice for losing weight, so why would you confuse him with info that will not actually help him lose weight?

16. Because the method I shared will help him lose weight faster and healthier and I care for people and wish them the best life possible.

17. #18 Jet livin, Jul 23, 2011
    That info will help him lose weight, and even faster losing it that way rather than by eating processed foods and losing weight the bad way. Its really not confusing.

18. I dont see how telling him to eat "healthy" fats and to eat 6 times a day , or to eat lots of fruits and vegetables is going to help him lose any weight. Those are all completely unrelated to weight loss

19. Check out this video of overweight people eating raw fruits and vegetables for 30 days and how much weight they lost. It also cured them of diabetes

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSUw9SaPLmA&feature=player_embedded]‪Raw for 30 Days new trailer‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

:)