riding a motorcycle high

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by Jeo, Jul 18, 2011.

1. i realize that it is ill advised to operate a vehicle high, but we all at least probably know someone who drives a car baked without incident.

can you do the same on a motorcycle or is it too hard?

NO IM NOT GOING TO TRY I DONT EVEN OWN A BIKE

2. shit is fun as hell at night with all the streetlights..

3. I drive my car every day high to work, and I use to always ride my bike high, I'm just use to it.

4. I used to ride high with my buddies but my best friend crashed right in front of me.
    He lost his arm and broke off our long ass friendship. I could not ride anymore after that incident. I just stared at my 1098 for 3 month before I sold it to a friend of mine who holds CPA. I upgraded the fork and rear shock to ohlins and he got a good deal.
    I miss her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but life is more important..

[​IMG]

I'd say don't do it.

5. I've lost a few friends over the past few years to motorcycle accidents as well. One last september, and one 3 years ago. The friend 3 years ago hit a Ford F250 at 140mph, about 1/4 mile in front of me.

6. I believe the correct answer is natural selection. Dont be stupid.

7. +rep on that one

8. how could i be stupid as I DO NOT OWN A MOTORCYCLE

read the whole post people, jesus

9. You asked the question, that was stupid enough.

I did read the whole post.

10. #10 Edge69, Jul 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2011
    My friend had a minor accident on his motorcycle recently. Fortunately, he is okay now, but still very sore. Everybody seems to know somebody who has had a bad accident or died while on a motorcycle.

Motorcycles are often associated with gangs and drugs and other subcultures.

I'm sure lots of people have gone riding their motorcycles while high, hell I've done it. Then again, I've also driven cars on mushrooms.

Anyway, to make a long story short, you should never drive while impaired from drugs, intoxicated from alcohol, or high off any drugs at all. Then again, you should always wear your helmet and all of your safety gear all of the time. Obey the laws, drive defensively, re-take your motor safety training, maintenance on your motorcycle, the list goes on and on.

11. the issue with a bike is, the slightest correction and you can be on the highway dead. Bikes differ from other vehicles simply because of how stupid people get on them. I own a bike, but I'd never drive blazed.

12. In short answer, yes. i have a motorcycle which i ride blazed. however it is a 100cc, not a 1000 or anything massive. i started on a 50cc moped for a couple of years, which i would frequently ride stoned. i have never had a problem riding blazed but i would never ride completley wrecked and always gear up properly.
    however, i do not reccomend someone to get wrecked and hop on a bike for the first time, i started off only riding only being a little stoned, untill i got used to it.
    to be honest it doesnt seem a really big deal to me. but if you are inexperianced on a bike, then NEVER atempt to ride it stoned, even a little, you must learn to ride properly first.

13. Very easy to be seriously hurt or killed on a MC. I have ridden high but it is an uneasy, distracted feeling to me. On the other hand FL. has no helmet law if you are 21 and insured. I see people riding all sorts of bikes helmetless in tank tops and flipflops daily, which, imo, is as dangerous as riding under the influence. As far as the size of the MC, I have been hurt more on little ones than big ones.

14. the only time I ever rode a motorcycle I was faded as fuck and looked down and I was going 70 in a 35 and had no clue. Shit was pretty scary when I thought about it so I never rode again. But it' prolly wasnt very good that I never even rode a dirtbike before that so just make smart choices.

15. Sorry for the prior deleted post.... I'm new and attempting to get used to the format.

As far as riding high goes - been there done that. Many times. I was involved in the past as a member in good standing with one of the better known motorcycle clubs in the Midwest. (who's actual name will remain anonymous) We all rode stoned together about 90% of the time and no harm ever came out of it. However., in reflection now later in life, I must say that I don't condone this activity any more than I do drinking & driving.

It's hard enough to ride safely sober what with the way people drive these days without regard to bikes around them - much less trying to retain full control if wasted.....

16. I think it just comes down to experience, ive been driving for 3 years and its my job so I can drive perfectly fine high, a 16 year old probably wont do as well. If your comfortable on the bike and have a lot of experience riding you would do alright but there are a lot more risk factors.

17. Raced motocross since I was 7, ninja 250 at 14, 2005 zx-10 since I was 16.. 23 now and I love riding sober or high. Won't get completely blitzed but just a nice comfortable buzz makes evening/sunset rides amazing..

18. the only stupid question is the one not asked.

19. There are exceptions.

20. i love getting blazed and trailing through the woods on my dirtbike. on the streets, i ride a little scooter. haha.