100% Organic Compost Extra Large Homemade "SmartPot" Outdoor Grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by jerry111165, Jul 18, 2011.

1. The plants are really full right now, I bet the buds are thickening as I type this

2. Hi all.

Well, its been a couple since I posted updated pics, so here are some. I actually had to spend some time today driving stakes into the ground and tying everything down with clothesline - I actually ended up using 200' of it before I was done.

I gotta say I'm pretty nervous here with the hurricane coming thru tomorrow. I think I did a good job, but I am seeing 75 mph gusts and that can be tough on any tie-down job.

It would stink to lose evn one of my 5 large ladies right now - they are starting to fill in nicely!

I ended up staking and wrapping the big Yu,boldt with some thick wire fencing.

Wish me luck with the wind please!

jerry.

Attached Files:

3. More -

After the storm goes by I will post as to how I made out.

I can see these ladies being real weight producers, so it would be a bad thing to lose even one!...Well, I have made a good effort anyhow - I guess thats all I can do.

Have a nice weekend all.

jerry.

Attached Files:

4. I must say that growing big outdoor plants is alot of fun! *lol*

Its a work in progress.

jerry.

5. Great work jerry. I wish you all the luck with the wind friend.

6. looking good man when things slow down coff it is yea my blower for air came out of a hot tube :D

7. 5150 - thanks for the good vibes man. Your backyard isn't looking too shabby either! Also - thanks for the wind concern. Hope to heck I get thru it!

Maina - coffee it is dood. Why don't we get thru fall harvest and then we hookup? Will be good.

Oh - btw, only you would use a hot tub blower *lol* Does it work good?

Jerry.

8. Well, its Sunday morning and its raining heavy, and I can see the potential for big wind later.(I also have help from Accuweather *lol*)
    I did spend the 3-4 hours yesterday, and pretty much did what I could. The tops are all tied up to within 18" perhaps from the very tos to stabilize the whole plants in general, but I also have to say that (especially the 6Wk strain, even moreso than the Yumboldt) are very, very strong to begin with. These are not "leggy" ladies. With lots and lots of sun, water and pure organic medium/soil/bedding, the stalks are very thick, and this makes me a lot more comfortable with the weather people telling me that I need to expect 40mph sustained and 72mph gusts - these winds could literally bend any plants and trees right over -

Its out of my hands and in Gods hands now. Nothing I can do now but watch and hope that between my tying down/securing and Mother Natures stalk strength that I'll be ok!
    I guess I just worry because I only really put the 5 ladies out this year, compared to my usual 20-40 plant crop, besides the several "mothers" that I stuck outside just to make more room in the veg area, and are actually looking pretty (relatively) nice right now too.

I am pretty much a total, lazy slacker though. I need to get a half dozen cuttings off of those mothers and haven't done it yet and they are just starting to flower, which I really wish I had done this a week or 2 ago...

I'm rambling. Please excuse me. I just had a Sunday morning "wake & bake" with my coffee...*lol**

Jerry.

9. I love this thread and your pics, jerry!

10. When will you be able to check your plants?

11. I had an apple tree just come down in the yard, so I figured I'd brave the storm and go check the ladies - is getting windier and windier here! Is supposed to be at its worst at around 9/10/11 pm tonight.

So I got out to my biggest Yumboldt, and there was a good size (big enuff to destroy!) tree within 3' of my big gal down on the ground!

It missed! Whew!

Wont let me post the pic here, though, as I already posted it here - http://forum.grasscity.com/outdoor-marijuana-growing/891732-hurricane-irene-coming-prepare-3.html

5150, SmokeMB, thanks for checking in! I was at both of your pages earlier! :)

So far so good, but the worst is still yet to come!

jerry.

12. Well Jerry, I sure hope you fair better than I. My best guess at this point is a 65-70% loss. What's odd is that I have 3 plants that are well over 10 feet (1 at 14 feet) and they were the only ones I had that remained standing. A few that remain in standing water as I type.

Uggh. It was a horrible sight. 5 months of pretty intense labor.

But.... But. I can say; If the plants had to go, I would rather they go to a hurricane than some rippers, LEO, or that asshole moose that keeps scaring the crap out of me.

Crossing fingers for you compadre'

13. Wishing you the best of luck, man. What are the chances of your ladies feet drying out over the next few days or week?

If you can give them the time, boy, its just too damn early to take them if you dont have to. I say sit on them as long as is possible.

Damn moose. *lol*

Good luck man.

jerry.

14. Thanks Jerry. 50% chance of recovery for about 4, about 25% chance for 4 others.

5 or 6 that while fairly damaged should still yield out a nice finish.

0% chance of that moose surviving if I get my hands on it.

So, I'm happy enough. Things sure could have been much worse. This final stretch sure is an emotional roller coaster. These gals are working double time producing bud and after 5 months of hard work, it's sure is a sight for sore eyes. Then however comes the thought of LEO, hunters, harvest.............harvest.... Uggh, that's right, I still have to come up with harvest plans. Oh my.

Did your babes make it through the night safely?

15. Yea dang I havent ben out yet eather it could be a game of pick up sticks:rolleyes:

16. I hope you fair well with your gals - you'd be surprised at how resilient they can be, even after a big shock I bet they have a good chance of coming out ok! Keep your fingers crossed!

I had several very close calls, but came out at 99% ok! There were several large branches and one tree that came very close to landing on the gals but miraculously didnt! I did have one 8" or 10" side branch that snapped and was hanging by a thread *lol* - but that was it, and its hanging in the shed now.

good luck, and please keep me posted as to how you finish!

jerry.

17. Jerry! Resilient they are!

Almost everything seems to have rebounded at an alarming rate. I have 2 that I don't think will survive due to flooding, but that's ok. And, the sugars are coming in strong. Aside from lack of harvest plans, everything is looking good.

Hey, you got your cuttings right? ;-)

18. I did get the cuttings yesterday as a matter of fact...*lol*

I took them from down low, so they werent budding too hard...I should have taken them 2 weeks ago, but of course I didnt!

I always wing my harvests, too. its hard to plan sometimes! Just get a couple of ur buddys on standby mode!

Good luck again man.

jerry.

19. Hiya folks.

All is good in Maine. The hurricane gave me a scare, but Mother Nature gave me a break this round and did not harm the ladies. I'm sure that the staking and tying helped considerably.

I went out last night/late afternoon and took a few pictures. I apologize profusely for the terrible blurred quality! - but you get the idea anyhow.

They are really filling in now and should continue to over the next 3 weeks. The "6 Week" strain usually seems to finish somewhere around the 3rd week of September, but I'm obviously going to leave them until they just cant get any better! I may have to build a clear plastic "tent" over the Yumboldt, as I know that this one (the biggest bush) will go somewhere into, probably, late October. I hope to hell I can get the time it needs out of it!

Good luck to all!

jerry.

Attached Files:

20. Jerry, Those plants are amazing man.

You do ok with the storm?