favorite compact strains that don't stone & couchlock?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by hazey grapes, Jul 18, 2011.

1. #1 hazey grapes, Jul 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2011
    it would be fun to see some new strains pop up in the war against stoner zombies as well as get some comparisons to make note of. thehardest thing in the world is to get anyone to give an honest freakin' smoke report and forget ever seeing anything get compared to anything else! :rolleyes:

i haven't tried any of THESE indoor trippy strains other than LSD & onyx which both start out with psychoactive highs but then hit you with creeperstones that literally put you to sleep, but as all these others have reputations for being stoney too, they aren't interesting sounding to me: LSD/onyx, LA confidential, super silver haze, jack herer, apollo 11, red dragon, romulan & medicine man/white rhino etc.

8 miles high is THE BEST strain for getting a decent indoor grow without ANY stone at all that i know of. it has a wicked fun & playful euphoric buzz that loves music & dancing. it's not verydifferent from haze only maybe less trippy and more musical, but equally refined. it yields in the not at all shabby 300-400g range which is average even for indicas. it isn't famous forit's potency, but the upside is that it doesn't bite you like IBLs do when you overdo them. it isn't paranoid or racy either. there's a weird but cool hole in the middle of it's buzz where couchlock and racy would be. neither effect shows and just leaves pure euphoria and it's euphoria level isn't embarrased by haze, columbian gold or durban poison at all. it's just that it's psychoactivity is lower. even super trippy columbian gold had some degree of couchlock more than 8mh. i just think it's a well rounded 24/7 bud that's just fine for any sativa snob and won't scare noobs who've never gotten high before away thinking they've been dosed or induce the dreaded room spinning nausea thing.

the only more potent indoor IBLs i've sampled are high quality seed's wicked potent haze skunk or super cali haze, but both of them lean towards sativa stretchiness and long flowering times. 8 miles high gives very little ground away for potency in comparison to these two for it's nice compact size. it's the kind of bud you just take a couple hits of and are good. if any bud deserves an "all around 24/7" title it's this. i like to compare it to a rendezvous with an old lover that still knows exactly where & how to touch you. everything it does is right to me.

BONUS: it's a low odor strain

C99 is awesome if you could find it anywhere anymore, but it's clear headed energetic buzz isn't as suited to chilling out as 8mh. it forces you to keep busy. it's great for creativity too because it makes the mind race as well as the body and the euphoria level is nice. it smokes a lot like original kali mist used to, but in half the time & size. joey weed's version had a nice & tasty grapes undertone hinting at haze somewhere in it's line while drgreengenes had some feminized ones bred for the ultimate "potent pineapple" pheno considered C99's best. it still exists in crosses, but i bet few of them are as compact and/or energetic.

BONUS: it's a low odor strain

you can still get C99 x A11s though from joey weed. that strain would trade some of cindy's raciness for a mellow stone and add a little psychoactivity too. it's technically 75% C99, but apollo 11s genius is trippy & stoney so it would tame C99's restlesnness a bit as even just 25% indica skunk #1 is still very stony. i bet it smokes better than C99 or at least can relax a little better.

i'd be interested in hearing reports on other strains like jack 33 which sounds similar to lauhing buddha, only quicker, or any of the under 2 foot tall lowryders out there that aren't stoney. if AK-47 can be shrunk down to 18"-24" with lowryders, there has to be something out there that's almost as cool as super cali haze, but way smaller. lowryding C99 would be a foot tall pip squeak.

despite the slight lead eye that creeps to a full KO in LSD, it's a wicked small and dense plant and sexy too. if someone hooked that up with a more energetic strain like C99, it would be an awesome shortie. as it has grapey phenos too, the results would have been a short haze. i didn't much like the hints of cat piss on flowers & grapes odor of LSD early in flowering, but it wasn't too strong and faded to just grapes after a couple weeks.

gnomo is an allegedly psychoactive lowryder i'd like to see a report on.

2. You're in luck: The Rev, the guy from Skunk Magazine who does the Organic Cultivation articles, has started up a seed company called KOS. First offerings: C99 and Iron Cindy (Metal Haze X C99). If you're buying Joey Weed, You can buy these at Hemp Depot too.

3. I like Caramelicious for a nice solid euphoric up high.

4. metal haze x C99's gotta be ferocious! the author of cannabible loves metal haze! i'm sure C99 would tame that one's size, but it's more of an end product than a breeder and i foubt it's exactly "compact". it might be doable indoors, but i don't consider anything over 4 feet tall to be compact.

i'll have to look into dude's C99s though. i can't think of any better breeder to take over the job afghanis have been fucking up ever since they started polluting weed

i'll have to look into carmelicious too. euphoria is always fun.

there just isn't enough info out there for people like me and maybe you that a bsolutely refuse to tolerate even a little stone. i wish i had more experience to offer more smoke reports & comparisons. there are many interesting sounding strains out there like kalichakra.

i REALLY wanted to try burmese, but all of the vancouver island seedbank beans i bought from kindseed were useless suicidal mutants! every time i want a fucking strain it seems, it goes extinct! i REALLY wanted to try malawi gold for years.

i tell you, joey weed's grape pheno C99s crossed with hazey super cali haze would have been close to the ultimate indoor strain!

reason #87 why i despise indicas... their poularity and the way everyone just accepts them like mindless sheep contrributes to them becoming extinct for those of us who'll accept nothing less. i fucking hate afghani! if there were a button that would make every strain polluted by afghani disappear forever, i'd jump up ands down on it!

5. I know you don't think much of Greenhouse, but you may have to bite the bullet on this one. I just read an article in Treating Yourself; Arjan went to Malawi and claims to have original Malawi Gold stock which he'll release... whenever.

6. Lol hazey, I have to rib you for posting 8 miles high in a thread that starts with the phrase "favorite compact.....". Unless all the other phenos are bushes I think we grew different plants :) It's a real pleasure to grow but sure not compact! It grows almost as fast as the Chocolope.

I just harvested LSD ranging from early (cloudy/very little amber) to very much amber. Too early to smoke but I have high hopes from what I have heard from you guys!

Definitely not com pact but anyone ever try Dr Grinspoon from Barneys? It is so odd looking I had to order 2 single seeds. I have been wanting to try something very Sativa ish and this was feminized so what the heck. that way I can start just 2 seeds, not use much tent space and hope for something special. It looks like a horrible yielding mutant, I must be nuts for wanting to try it.

Thanks for the heads on on C99, it's on my short list and disappeared before I could place another order.

7. C99 isn't very compact.

8. my joey weed C99s were all under 3 feet tall, even the stretchy pheno. that could be because i always start flowering at the 3rd leafset which is what i seem to remember from a grow guide. the 8 miles highs i tried were about the same height as C99s for the same amount of time. i never finished them thinking i'd be able to just clone them despite plucking all of my nodes. live & learn

i've heard of dr grinspoon a couple times. ALWAYS hoping to hear SMOKE REPORTS on any of these strains. unless i'm bored and just want to try something new, i'm only interested in strains i KNOW just get one high.

as to malawi gold, it's not a strain i really need as i know haze skunk will totally get the job done even easier indoors, and if i DID get it, it would be for serious breeding. as i only hear bad things about greenhouse, i'm not wasting a penny on their gear. i pretty much already have a shortlist of strains that make me happy... haze skunk, super cali haze, & C99. more than anything though, i'm looking for plants that have buzzes that are active like C99, but without getting too large like all of the 6 foot tall cannabis cup winners.

i'm looking for strains that will shrink taller strains with corrupting their THC profiles, something like the C99 x atomic haze crossed with a neutral lowryder to get even more compact. super cali haze is what i originally wanted to shrink further until learning of all of the trouble with breeding to fems.

there just isn't enough coverage of strains that get one high, so i like to use every chance i can to illuminate others to them and promote them in general. eventually, they will almost ALL become extinct if only a few headstash growers will step out of the fucked up cash cropper mindset that's responsible for the streets being overrun with inferior stony schwag everywhere but norcal.

9. Grinspoon grows almost like a vine, so if you dont want to use much tent space just put it in flowering as soon as it pops, and be prepared to have it in there for as long as 125-130 days. It does yield horribly, but the weird/exotic sativa high more than makes up for it, and I felt almost no body buzz whatsoever. The extracts I made from it had me responding to questions my girl never asked me along with erasing my memory for the couple days I had it around, very powerful stuff. Ill be running it again.

10. Probably because you're growing indoors. It's listed as a 4 ft indoor strain. Outdoors it gets quit tall. Other than my green crack, the C99 is the tallest/fastest growing.

11. of course EVERYTHING grows bigger outdoors. that's a given. real sunlight is best.

i bet anything you have that's shorter than C99 is also stonier too though. it's just not easy getting a true sativa buzz in an indoor plant. i could maybe name 20 indoor sativas on a good day, and most of those would either be stony or larger than C99 which is literally in a class by itself. it has the same buzz as original kali mist (euphoric, energetic & clearheaded) but is way faster and smaller. combining something that compact with a lowryder sativa like super cali haze would have to make it even smaller without affecting the THC profile and adding stone.

we REALLY need compact breeders to start shrinking what's left of sativas if they aren't to become extinct. every year, a bunch of awesome strains disappear. when was the last time you heard of juicy fruit, mother's finest, durban thai high flyer, chocolate thai, or even california orange which only exists in one crappy dutch bank now as far as i know and should be considerd extinct too for all practical purposes.

C99 & lowryders are the future, but it looks like the future has been stolen by cash crapping thugs.

12. Hazey, my garden is almost all sativa....not "stoney". I only have one indica strain going right now. Anything you flower at the 3rd leaf set will be compact. Tell me how many strains have you grown that you flowered at the 3rd leaf set and got taller than 3-4 feet.

13. well i guess most of pure sativas give nice how its called...cerebral high! :) ppl ''like'' indicas cause they give higher yelds and mature much faster then sativas... but thats for commercial growers , not for ppl who grow for pleasure and some fun :)

sativas all the way... haze's <3

14. well, even my highland thai and haze skunks didn't get over 4 feet tall, but part of that was disgust with the thai (full moons) turning hermie on me as soon as they started flowering when i was well into my second grow and the haze skunk never got the chance as i ran out of C99 quick and started mowing it down.

i really need to buy the update to the grow guide i used to love best in the 80s and re-read it as i've forgotten more than i know about growing by now. i'm not really doing anything at the moment anyways though.

as to the indoor sativa garden, i bet your gear doesn't travel far and hit the streets unless your in norcal because that shit NEVER hits the streets on the east coast. NEVER

15. Or some people like indicas because they like the relaxed body high. I like both sativas and indicas and generally have some of both growing. I smoke sativas during the day when I am active, I smoke indica after I get home from a hard/hot day of work. Nothing better to me than sinking into the couch after getting out of the shower after work. Let me also point something out. Dealers sell what people want to smoke. If people wanted sativas that bad, there would be plenty of sativa around.

16. #16 hazey grapes, Jul 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2011
    BULLSHIT! LIE!
    i've told well over a DOZEN greedy dealers to all go fuck themselves the SECOND they start giving me drama overcharging me for indicrap i DESPISE.

i've NEVER seen a single bud of sativa for sale since around 1985! i was gifted a gram each of kali mist (original 87.5%) and durban poison on two different occasions and could not get any more no matter how much i begged and pleaded even offering an completely insane $120 for an eigth of kali mist.

if dealers give people what they want, where are the sativa dealers outside of norcal? there is a single one that i've met in almost 25 years of suffering greedy bastards and their useless annoying stoney shit.

see? it's comments like that that contribute to my mortal enemy contempt for indicas. people that are happy with that shit (or that just don't know better because it affects greedy scum's bottom line) have not a fucking clue what it's like to have the entire world conspiring to keep you from getting high.

i dare say that more people who KNOW what getting high is prefer that over useless sleeping pills. until people are allowed to start getting high again... i have a voodoo doll for making indicas die forever.

you want a real world example of the evil of indicrap? i lost contact with the cousin i used to hang out with all through childhood because his eventual crackhead ass didn't like my saying his sticky indica bud sucked because it didn't get me the least bit high WHEN ASKED because he too has been denied the opportunity to even TRY getting high and doesn't believe it even exists because as far as he knows... "all weed is ecxactly the same!"

sorry, your theory is fail squared. 99% of the public can't get high even if they want to unless they DIY. that is the ONLY reason i ever took interest in growing. i'd still be happily dropping $40 (a QUARTER!!!!! don't get me started on the instant switch to $50 eighths circa 1988!) every week for mc awesome columbian gold. i know at least one stoner who'd been blazing years before i started on columbian gold called it the best shit he ever smoked in his life.

i just can tolerate "hooray for me! boo for you!" indica greed. it has NOTHING to do with quality. it's all about greedy scum growing as much bud as fast as possible for as much money. there isn't as much money (productivity that is) in sativas so fuck anyone that wants them because this is what they're getting.

i'd be ashamed to sell that swill. i'd rather give haze skunk or super cali haze etc. away to show people what they've been denied so they form a posse and go after their dealers with torches frankenstein style.

i'll keep fighting the fight by myself until then.

17. damn Hazey you are paisonate about your sativas

18. Dude you have issues if your pushing people away over your sativa fetish.

19. it's what i started out on and what spoiled me forever. the very first bud i smoked was columbian gold that was always called thai (probably because it sounds more exotic), but thai isn't piney, CG is. i was only paying $40 a quarter for it 24/7 for a couple years and then it vanished for a year and by next year, stony indicas took over and doubled the price as well.

i INSTANTLY hated getting stoned the first time it happened. even getting two nice sized buds for $8 i think pissed me off and made me feel ripped off as there was no high to be found at all.

my contempt only deepened because until i grew my own 8 miles high and later super cali haze & haze skunk, i looked high and low EVERYWHERE to get high and not one motherfucking dealer would ever give me what i DEMAND.

not only that, but taking a stand against indicas only makes those greedy bastids that don't want you challenging their domain to troll on you. it got me banned from another forum because i refused to accept either apollo 11 or super silver haze as acceptable indoor thais because both are stony and i have less than no use for getting stoned.

how can you possibly have fun if you're tired and don't want to move? i used to go out and dance until i got dehydrated, get water and go right back to it on columbian gold. just recently, haze skunk finally broke my 6 pack of 16s habit. (i'd call it an addiction, but i suffered absolutely no withdrawls when i quit cold turkey)

besides the sheer funsctionality of sativas, their psychoactivity makes EVERYTHING fun even funner (as well as things that aren't fun less so too) by heigtening your senses. how anyone could chose getting tired, which happens on it's own every 24 hours or so, over having all of your senses on overdrive with a hit eating, even laugh your ass off grin on your face will NEVER compute with me. then again... people do S&M and body piercing so what do i know?

it isn't just the sheer 99% market saturation that pisses me off though. it's the general apathy that all of the old schoolers who KNEW what getting high is show in rolling over and taking it up the butt for holland instead of telling dealers to fuck off and stick that shit up their ass thus ALLOWING the takeover to happen.

just try and tell an indica greedy bastid that their shit sucks a dead skunk's ass that was pulled out of another dead skunk. nothing will happen... they'll keep selling it because most people are mindless sheep and afraid to stand their ground. not me. i don't care who i piss off. the truth is on my side. greed ruined weed. that, and a corrupt government that takes it up the butt for lobbyists illegally poisoning it's citizens (and mexico's) with paraquat because sativas are a THREAT to their game.

it was getting high that started the whole summer of love thing in my opinion. drugs that are psychoactive make you think and when you start thinking, you start questioning the status quo.

fuck going with the flow! anyone that uses that quote is another sheep's asshole. hitler would have loved that saying if he'd only thought of it first and it rhymed in german too.

my issue is with being denied what i want by a vast conspiracy fuelled by apathy. it just isn't right. it's wrong wrong wrong wrong!

i doubt my cousin STILL knows what getting high is all these years after star trek: insurrection, the movie we blazed to. no one wants to enlighten him to the better way of life.

indicas are depressants as far as i'm concerned. they have no psychoactivity, just energy sap like quaaludes.

20. Because alot of us old timers who smoked sativa like indica just fine. I STILL like my sativa, but its not a be-all end-all thing for me. I especially like the hybrids. I like the balance of happy/lazy buzz at night when Im sitting around watching tv grinning at my gf and not wanting to move off the couch. But if I want to go out and do things I will smoke weed that makes me want to go out and do things. Hell I am not a drinker but sometimes I will take a couple of shots to get my extrovert personality going before I smoke. To each their own.