Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Double Budding- increase yields

• Please log in to reply

cannibud

cannibud

Skeye High

• Registered Upgraded
  • 213 posts
Photoperiod interruptus

I read an article about taking a plant that's in it's 4th-5th week of flowering and putting it back into veg for 48 hours on 18/6, 20/4, 20/0. By doing this you trick the plant into using more energy to reproduce and causes restimulation of the pistils and slight stem lengthening. Which makes the buds thicken dramatically. This will lengthen the cycle about 7 days and increase yields up to 20-25%. This will cause a new stem to form from the tops of your buds and a new flower will develop. Has anyone tried this technique, and how well does it work?

pedrowarez

pedrowarez

• Registered Upgraded
  • 233 posts

Photoperiod interruptus

I read an article about taking a plant that's in it's 4th-5th week of flowering and putting it back into veg for 48 hours on 18/6, 20/4, 20/0. By doing this you trick the plant into using more energy to reproduce and causes restimulation of the pistils and slight stem lengthening. Which makes the buds thicken dramatically. This will lengthen the cycle about 7 days and increase yields up to 20-25%. This will cause a new stem to form from the tops of your buds and a new flower will develop. Has anyone tried this technique, and how well does it work?

What's the source?

cannibud

cannibud

Skeye High

• Registered Upgraded
  • 213 posts
High times from 98 with bill clinton on the front with a joint in his hand.pg.96-97

Russy

Russy

Dr. Green Thumb

• Registered Upgraded
  • 10,183 posts
There was a recent article about it in U.G. also.. in a section about intentional stress inducing for positive benefits in various applications...

cannibud

cannibud

Skeye High

• Registered Upgraded
  • 213 posts
Did it show any pics of the plants that were done this way?

Russy

Russy

Dr. Green Thumb

• Registered Upgraded
  • 10,183 posts

Did it show any pics of the plants that were done this way?

It only touched on inducing stress in a bunch of different situations with positive benefits .

I say dont stress your plant ever.

cannibud

cannibud

Skeye High

• Registered Upgraded
  • 213 posts
I hear you, but I would'nt mind experimenting with one.

cannibud

cannibud

Skeye High

• Registered Upgraded
  • 213 posts
I seen a thread on here earlier today about someone putting there plant in the dark for a couple days before harvest, I've never tried that either, but might also do this with one to compare.

Juicysteak

Juicysteak

Stay true to blue

• Registered Upgraded
  • 403 posts

I seen a thread on here earlier today about someone putting there plant in the dark for a couple days before harvest, I've never tried that either, but might also do this with one to compare.

You see this one is more understandble.
If you put the plant into darkness for days, it will think its going to die very soon, and will/should start producing extra THC as fast as possible so it can stick on any pollen in the air for the plants genetics surval.

CL4P-TP

CL4P-TP

Interplanetary Ninja Assassin

• Bronze Member
  • 7,758 posts

cannibud

cannibud

Skeye High

• Registered Upgraded
  • 213 posts
Damn man I was just trying to share an Idea that might increase yields, It did'nt sound so bad to me, producing more bud. I had no Idea that hightimes growing tips were shit, I thought they were pros.

doobiesnacks69

doobiesnacks69

Shakin' The Feds

• Registered Upgraded
  • 597 posts
I don't think he's jumping down your throat, hes just saying, if ya mess with the plants light cycle, you may just make it a hermie. If ya want to increase yield, theres many diffrent ways.

I've recently been looking into a method called Scrog, dramatically increases yields, but its taking some time to wrap my mind around it.

track pending

track pending

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Photoperiod interruptus

Kind of reminds me of monster-cropping. With modification this technique may have a positive effect on various strains. Try it and post a review.

dunny

dunny

• Registered Upgraded
  • 122 posts
i've done this before. to make seeds. works great. i don't know about the yield part though. -_-

stupidstuff

stupidstuff

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,205 posts

Photoperiod interruptus

This is simmilar to what i do and if done right it makes a huge difference. I will update the thread as things progress.

http://forum.grassci...-big-crops.html

cannibud

cannibud

Skeye High

• Registered Upgraded
  • 213 posts

This is simmilar to what i do and if done right it makes a huge difference. I will update the thread as things progress.

http://forum.grassci...-big-crops.html

Cool man I'm interested and open minded to the idea myself, Like you said if done right or a little tweaking could possibly get good results.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users