C99 Strain Review - W/Pics

Discussion in 'Smoke Reports' started by mjmama25, Jul 16, 2011.

1. in my opinion it is a good indoor strain as long as u have the height or know ur grow area well enough to turn them while they have the room to grow during there flower cycle

2. Exactly. It's a tall strain, which isn't a bad thing, you just have to plan for it. I think she's great for indoors because she doesn't get so leafy she blocks the light to lowers buds. Each bud develops nicely. And she saves you time because of how fast she grows.You'll reach your desired veg height in now time, then after you flip to 12/12 she flowers in 7 weeks. I like her indoors or outdoors.

3. i think i may look into some good seeds. just did my first clones from the w.w. i'll probably give them a few harvests before i switch. really thinking about making the c99 my next.

4. Id luv to grow the c99 too.. if only her seeds werent hard to find!
    Gipsy Nirvana sells them, but ive seen some negative reports on their c99... so i dunno

5. Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of Nirvana. The two times I got beans from them the quality was pretty low. Someone said they got C99 seeds at EDIT seed bank, I believe it was. I'd keep my eye out and snatch em up when you can. I love this strain. The only thing I miss is the high power skunky taste in strains like Sour D and Headband. I really want to cross my Cindy with a skunkier strain and see how she comes out.

6. Yeah - I got 2 freebie C99s from EDIT - 1 a regular, one specifically labeled as "outdoors". Haven't planted them yet, but they're much larger seeds than my last elite source or my bagseeds.

7. Probably the strongest smoke that ever entered my lungs. Top genetics and overall great quality. =)

8. I would love to get a hold of this strain. I might take a trip up to norcal in the coming months to get a clone or some seeds (if I can find a reliable source).

9. Thank you for posting this!

10. Another thanks for the post :)

Soonish, I will be the proud owner of H3ads pineapple C99 line, one half of pineapple express. Only 8 seeds so it'll probably be a seed run, but I waited this long to try it, I can sacrifice a couple plants in the name of keeping the strain haha.

11. #31 deacon, Dec 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2011
    female seeds has a nice c99 strain now;)

12. c99 is offered by mosca seeds over at attitude. apparently its a cross between 2 desired phenos from the og... they always run out of stock all the time. cant find a journal tho. does anyone know if this is the real deal?

13. #33 akhans, Dec 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2011
    Not if it has anything to do with OG. Pure c99 is Princess, which was a clone only pheno found in a bag of Jack Herrer by Brother's Grimm.

They crossed that with a Shiva Skunk (sensi) to get a male, and then used that male to cube Princess. So Jack Herer x (Shiva Skunk x Jack Herer) F4.

14. my guess is that he ment "OG" as in the original strains...not OG kush or anything ;)

15. How does one write a smoke report on Cindy without commenting on the amazing pineapple lime aroma and taste? Makes me wonder if it was the real deal.

16. Maybe because there is more than one phenotype? Not all will be the same

17. C99 is well known for it's pineapple flavor though... and the other pheno's are also pretty mango/citrus/fruity.

18. she said it had a sweet taste to it, which could be fruity..some people's taste buds just arent as sensitive with smoke... oh and btw ive never smelled any mango from any c99 that ive had ;) soooo yeah...

19. Hey, everyone....I ordered my C99 bean from single seed source yesterday! I've been subbed for a while now. Can't wait till 4 months from now.