Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking in the basement

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by GCSH, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Hi GC,
    I still live with my parents and sometimes it'd be nice to smoke and just watch TV without having to go outside and for a drive or whatever. If my basement is pretty large, and my parents are on the second floor of the building, is it plausible to smoke and have it not smell? Since it is summer they would probably have the AC on, if that means anything. Also they know the smell of weed. I can answer any questions if you guys have them.

2. Smoke rises..

3. #3 Speedymotor, Jul 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    If theres a door in beetween the basement and middle floor then no they wont smeel it if ur smoking out of a bowl. They could probly smell a joint tho

4. Uhm, thanks for the pic bro, and I didn't know that. I'd much rather have some actual input though if I could get away with this.

5. NO DONT DO IT! Not if your goal is to not get caught, anyway. Go outside my man. Dont be a puss. Sneak your ass out if ya have to, I know how it is with parents. But dont be a dumbass and smoke inside, even if it is the basement. Like a wiser blade just said, smoke rises.
    driving around and smoking is stupid too. just wait til you get pulled over and your car reeks. Best of luck! I mean that!

6. Why risk smoking in the open like that? Do you not have a room, or a bathroom in the basement you could smoke in?

Unless yo used a sploof, and blew directly out a window with a fan on, your basement will smell like pot. And you will most likely get caught.

7. Yeah sorry for my short response, but it basically summarized it up. Like you said, your parents aren't oblivious to weed. If you smoked in your basement, your basement is going to smell like weed. I don't think it's worth the risk with your parents.

8. Alright thanks blades guess ill just go outside

9. Yo I live with my parents and I spike in the house all the time. I smoke it in my room I open the window completely blow the smoke out and light incense in my room and then spray frabreze and my room doesn't smell I would recommend taking a towl and covering the bottem of the door so smoke can't get through as easy cheers bro or if u have a back yard just blaze there

10. Dude, open a window if you have one(maybe not cause your in the basement)and turn a fan if if you have one and just blow the smoke when you breath out upwards the window. No problem, always worked for me.

11. It all depends on the parents man. If you have the type of parents who aren't naive to weed and could walk downstairs to the basement or like you said go into your room, and realize the abundance of fabreeze and incense are pretty obvious of trying to cover up weed, then I wouldn't risk it. Unless you light up incense and spray your room all the time with febreeze, I wouldn't go with that. Like he said, his parents know the smell of weed. Just trying to help you out :):smoke:.

12. Just go outside.

13. step one: get a roll of tp/paper towell (a cardboard tube)
    step two: fill said roll with dryer sheets (your mom has it with her laundry crap)
    step three: wrap end of roll with dryer sheets and tie/tape it off so that it's completely covered
    Optional: putting a sock over or wrapping a towel around this thing will help diffuse smoke
    You smoke a pipe, take your rip and cover the bowl with your finger the second you let the carb loose (or clear your bong or w/e) exhale the smoke through this device, and it will barely smell.

14. lol i box out the toilet everytime i smoke and light incense because it wont be sus if there was incense cos its used to cover up shit smell, incense in my room however red flag, you gotta be smart and toke and cover up your toking in a way that seems legit not draws attention to it

15. I personally used to smoke all the time in my basement when I lived with my mom. She didn't care that I smoked, but honestly the smell wouldn't linger for too long. Every house is different though to be honest, there are a lot of factors in how long the smoke will linger.

16. Smoke in your car, but dont drive. Especially if its late. I did this just the other night. Just turn all your interior lights off, turn the radio on and just sit there and toke up. Spray some cologne when youre done and lock your car incase one of your parents decides to go through your shit (parents do this.)

17. I smoke in the basement all the time. Sometimes I imagine it as a That 70s Show basement circle but then I remember that I am down there alone.

18. Step 1. Obtain paper towel roll
    Step 2. Fill the roll with Bounce sheets (used for drying clothes)
    Step 3. Spark up I suggest a one hitter so no smoke is escaping like a joint or pipe, blow through scented roll into your freezer. I assume you have a fridge in your basement
    Step 4. Repeat

19. If you load one hit at a time, hold for 10 secs and blow it through a towel you'll be fine. I could smoke 10 feet away from my parents and not make it smell lol

20. #20 BigTank, Jan 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2015
    I did it once in the basement when i was a teenager, but it was a miniscule amount, like just a quick hit where the touch of a lighter and a 1.5second puff ghosted what was in the bowl...there was a window at ceiling level, and  I had a fan Aimed at me in btwn the fan and the window (upwards).

Didnt have an issue but it was a miniscule amount.

Smoking a blunt, or a bowl is out of the question.