Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

spider mites during flowering

• Please log in to reply

DonBlaze28

DonBlaze28

Silver member

• Silver Member
  • 405 posts

Similar Topics: spider mites during flowering     x

tplat

tplat

• Registered Upgraded
  • 7,890 posts

Im starting to get spider mites on my bottom leaves and im 6 weeks into flowering. Its not bad, but im not sure what to do. I know i cant spray my buds withh bug spray!

I`m getting ready to switch from soil to a DWC set up but I had spider mites one time about a month or so from finishing so I had to get rid of them fast so I used some Azamax and some Hot Shot No Pest strips. I did a soil drench with the Aazamax then about 3/4 of a week later did a foilier spray. Within a week and half to two weeks they were gone, it did burn the leaves a little but to me it was better to have some burned leaves then bug infested buds. None of us tasted it in the bud at all but it was a soil grow. Azamax claims its safe to use on fruit and veggy plants right upto the day of harvest.

DonBlaze28

DonBlaze28

Silver member

• Silver Member
  • 405 posts

Tihspeed

Tihspeed

master bator

• Gold Member
  • 9,242 posts

• pokesmot247 likes this

DonBlaze28

DonBlaze28

Silver member

• Silver Member
  • 405 posts

Tihspeed

Tihspeed

master bator

• Gold Member
  • 9,242 posts

Tihspeed

Tihspeed

master bator

• Gold Member
  • 9,242 posts

megadope

megadope

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
I just got rid of my spider mites did some pruning on the lower leaves to remove the most infested and sprayed with a solution that I actually found on here it is 5tsp of neem oil mix with 1 gallon of fresh water distilled or filtered either way also added some ivory soap (99.9) soap which is used as a sticker to the plant the neem works it biodegrades of about 2 week so application is suggested.

DonBlaze28

DonBlaze28

Silver member

• Silver Member
  • 405 posts

DonBlaze28

DonBlaze28

Silver member

• Silver Member
  • 405 posts

thesage3

thesage3

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,199 posts

Yeah, i also pruned some lower leaves. That seemed to be the only place they were at.

pruning orks well to keep #s down but it won't get rid of them. when you chop ur plants don't hang in ur room the mites immediately head towards the top where its hanging they will gather there looking for fresh plant material . use tangle foot on the string u hang from and they get stuck then I usually flash burn them with a torch before taking down dried material . the mites will ride wind currents and spin webs to try to get to a live plant. raise ur humidity above 70% for a week or 2 to break life cycle. you can use sprays on infested buds but try to keep contact with bud hairs to a min they will burn. I've used end all by safer 2 weeks before harvest with no taste or apparent harm. its a good Idea to spray and then the next day spray with just water to remove any residuals.

DonBlaze28

DonBlaze28

Silver member

• Silver Member
  • 405 posts

gardengirl123

gardengirl123

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Don,
Even though you have a small amount of spider mites, they will multiply like no other dude... People use like soapy water...but that doesnt last but like a day... get some organic stuff...!!:P

Im starting to get spider mites on my bottom leaves and im 6 weeks into flowering. Its not bad, but im not sure what to do. I know i cant spray my buds withh bug spray!

thesage3

thesage3

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,199 posts

Even though im in week 6 of flowering should i still raise humidity?

i'm in 70 + humidity no mites just watch for mold

DonBlaze28

DonBlaze28

Silver member

• Silver Member
  • 405 posts

DonBlaze28

DonBlaze28

Silver member

• Silver Member
  • 405 posts

Chunk

Chunk

Medicine Mod

• Super Moderator
  • 11,759 posts

• nug thug likes this

DonBlaze28

DonBlaze28

Silver member

• Silver Member
  • 405 posts

thesage3

thesage3

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,199 posts

Thanx sage. Ive zipped up my tent, and turned off my exhaust. Its humid as f**k in there now.

that will slow those fer's down to a crawl. watch for mold intently!

seed-to-lung

seed-to-lung

• Registered Upgraded
  • 107 posts
im trying this method right now i will check back when i have tried the method

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users