Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why make kief into hash?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Acman66, Jul 13, 2011.

1. i am a noob at all this and have only had one harvest of one plant . i thought i made some hash, i got just under 2g but it was infact pressed kief.

id love to know a good way to make the proper stuff. thats more brown in colour.could anyone put any liks up to any good easy to follow guides to the various and easiest ways to make proper hash, and obviously the tools ill need.

il be harvesting two plants in two weeks time and i need to get everything together to make some proper stuff this time round?

cheers

2. #42 beezil97, Jul 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Dude give up... Jazzy gave you a definition of hash and your telling the most experienced person on the forums he's wrong.

3. #43 Rasta Haze, Jul 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2011
    Ok, since everyone has an opinion and forum experience, I am soo wrong. What in the hell was I thinking? 30-50% THC/volume, I should have known a kief cloud could be fingered into hashish. I should have never questioned a couple of dudes enforced with computers. How could I have compared hashish to 80-95% THC/volume hash, when they are the same thing. Damn.

Ok I'm done here, I answers the OP's question. This thread has turned into a clusterfuck of douchery. If you guys can't get enough kief, have at it. I'll be looking in the oil threads where hash is taken seriously. Yes, technically it's hash. But it sucks dick so much as hash, it isn't even worthy of the title. Google it, the same debate comes up on every forum, and not once have I ever seen "yes it is because so and so says so". You want hash? Then don't get a shit ton of plant matter in your kief.

My point is that - and oldskool should know since he claims to have experienced this- real dry sieve hash from the middle east, the century old technique, requires pounds and pounds of buds. They hand press it over cloth or multiple screens. It gets screen filtered multiple times, then hand pressed. Then you get black Moroccan balls of quality stuff.

People on grass city buy 1g to 1 ounce at a time, and collect kief from a grinder - the majority of the time. The home brew stuff is so shotty in quality, why even call it hash? It's very impure, and you basically are pressing plant matter into trichomes, and 1/2 the people aren't even sure whether to add heat or not, heads don't break. Iso/bho/budder are so easy and straight forward, it's way better in quality, it puts grinder hash to shame nasty. That's why I say if I ask for hash, I don't want some other dudes kief disk that charges the same as hash oil. This is why I don't even press mine anymore, I'll mix it in my oil to thicken it up, you can see my smaller ball from my pic on the previous page. Then decarbox it.

No one seems to grasp this, everyone bows down to grinder hash. It kills me to even acknowledge it as such. Get some $1.99 iso and call it a day.

4. do you mean isopropyl alcohol, is that all i need to make it? along with some quality trim and sieves and coffee filter paper. am i on the right track as to what to do?

5. #45 SIRSOG, Jul 17, 2011
    Well then by your logic you can't call them bongs cause in shops they are tobacco water pipes..... what a shop calls them to legally protect themself doesn't change what it is lol.... and what you use to press it doesn't change it. If I use a clothes iron and wax paper is it folded laundry?

6. :laughing: Grinder hash? I don't use a grinder. I use a silkscreen or cold water extraction for my hashish, and butane or iso for my oils.

EDIT: I am also not the one who brought up post count. That's meaningless. It's about experience and knowledge, and that I have in spades.

7. maybe rasta shouldnt have said it wasnt hash or hashish in the beginning but I know what hes saying. like stuff you press probably isnt as strong so its not that its not hash, hes sarcastically saying dont call it that

8. #48 SIRSOG, Jul 17, 2011
    Hash oil, is hash oil.... you can't really go changing definitions, its considered hash oil once a solvent is used to destroy the trichomes via dissolving them and creating a homogenous solution.... hashish, by definition, which is how its fuckin defined and you cant change semantics, is compressed trichomes, the method of pressing is completely irrelevant.....

9. ^^ dude mellow out

i dont log in a lot but so far ive seen like 6 different people jump this new guys shit. yall don't have to act like trolls looking for an argument. this whole thing started because he said pollen, then everyone pretends to not see what he means

anyway i press mine too. uhm naturesforce, ya thats basically to make quick wash hash. my bf makes it from time to time. thats oil tho

10. He was corrected and proceeded to argue with the facts, and argue incorrectly. He was corrected again and kept arguing. Now who is trolling?

11. #51 SIRSOG, Jul 17, 2011
    Its not that I need to mellow out, I'm just making sure the correct info is out, he's saying oil is hash, which it really isn't as its been altered by a solvent, and by definition, pollen isn't trichomes, which we established, and that even if using kief in a grinder and pressing it, you have still made hash.... that's just how it is.

And calling me a troll lol, I'm a mod, quite the opposite

12. not singling anyone out. it's just usually everyone is cool, especially to new people lol unless they are askin dumb stuff. but all I see is nitty gritty everything from both sides. let's just help the guy who started the thread.

this just go and confuse you natures?

13. i dont wanna make oil...but hash..could you direct me where i can learn?

14. #54 SIRSOG, Jul 17, 2011
    Lol hashmoufs guide to hash man, go search for hashmouf it should come up, id link it but I'm using my phone and it would take like 15 mins

15. thanks man, just to be sure before i buy the shit you know. i dont wanna make oil just yet

16. Haha yea.... making oil really isn't that hard, but making press is super super easy

17. Granted I've never handled kief before... If you have GRAMS of it, why not toss it in a metal container and use a scooper to sprinkle it on top of bowls/blunts? Making it into hash seems almost pointless to me, as does pressing it. I'd rather just deal with the powder! As for smoking JUST kief, I can understand the point of doing either, but I sure as hell know I don't solely smoke kief.

18. #58 SIRSOG, Jul 17, 2011
    There are many reasons already in here why some prefer press.... lol... burns slower, pack more in the same area, its easy to travel with (keif flies around and gets stuck all over containers) the flavor/smell change when its pressed with heat and it oxidizes..... its really just preference haha

19. I've yet to read any reasons that would sell me on pressing other than smoking SOLELY kief in a bowl.

EDIT: .............. lol....... LOLOLOL.......

20. #60 SIRSOG, Jul 17, 2011
    No ones trying to sell the idea of pressing, those are just reasons why people like it lol