Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why make kief into hash?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Acman66, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Who said anything about a smoke shop? You said pressed kief was not exactly hash and that's exactly what it is and has been for centuries.

2. Iphone Smiphone..... Sounds like a beep beep back up to me... lol

3. Let's not all get torqued here, and get off my jock.

Hash to me is a concentrated extract. Pressed kief is... Kief. The OP wanted to know why press it, not debate over what to call it.

Hash:
    [​IMG]

Pressed kief:
    [​IMG]

I was also driving down the highway at 75. work as a test driver.

4. :laughing: Nobody is 'on your jock'. We're just correcting you when you're wrong. Get over it.

I don't care if you like to call your concentrates bacon and eggs. That would be just as wrong. There is a difference between hash oil (concentrates) and hashish (pressed kief).

You don't know what you are talking about so just quit now instead of making yourself look worse and worse.

5. Isn't pressed kief pressed kief and hashish pressed and heated kief that makes it melt and become one solid piece (not oil)?

6. No, not necessarily. Heating is best though for a good product. Any pressed kief is hashish.

7. Whatever Chachi, I'm not going to have a pissing match with you. You buy a press in a shop, you ask for a "pollen press". I use the term as a quick explanation, you turn it into a federal case, then deem yourself worthy to tell me I don't know what I'm talking about?

Then tell me why kief, powdered or pressed, doesnt bubble on my titanium vape swing? It's not as pure. If you want to smoke low grade, impure "hashish" go for it. Reality is it's kief.

I answered his question, you're just looking like a dick. Don't let that post count get to your head.

8. #28 Glassworks, Jul 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2011
    hash is to keif as champagne is to Boxed wine

EDIT: thanks rasta hahaaa

9. Boxed wine.

10. i hate to disagree with you but that is 100% incorrect, if i went to buy some hash and someone handed me pressed keif i would throw it right in their face.

Hash and pressed keif are two entirely different substances.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. #31 Jazzyj, Jul 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I hate to disagree with you, but that is 100% incorrect.

From Wikipedia:

Hashish is a cannabis preparation composed of compressed stalked resin glands, called trichomes, collected from the unfertilized buds of the cannabis plant.

It can be "compressed" in different ways. Even though pressed kief looks different than other hash you've smoked, it is still technically hashish.

12. Go try and give someone some pressed kief as hash, see how they react.

13. #33 Jazzyj, Jul 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    If they actually knew the definition of hash, they would react just fine. There are MANY ways to make hash. This is just one of them.

14. and it's the least potent one, to the point where aside from the technical definition, it can hardly be considered hash

think about it, if all hash is was pressed kief, why the FUCK would anyone go through the trouble of making other forms.

15. #35 oldskoolgrower, Jul 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2011
    The 'other forms' are NOT hash. They are concentrates, hash oils. Get over it. I've been doing this for 3 decades and have been to major hashish production centers like Morocco and Afghanistan. Just get over it. Glass and Rasta you are completely, 100% wrong, and yes I'm a fucking expert on the subject.

16. Glass and Rasta, you're grasping at straws and clearly need to accept you don't have quite the understanding of hash as you thought you did. First, pressed kief wasn't hash, now it's "the least potent form of hash" or "impure hashish." OSG's information is correct, no matter how much you split hairs or argue.

And Rasta, you're the one coming off like a dick. Welcome to the forums!! :hello::wave:

17. Ok this is the last time I'm going to say this. If I wanted hash... And someone gave me kief - pressed, loose, pressed and heated - I would not be interested. Just because you let a screen dust off your buds trichomes, does not constitute it as hash. Yes, oils are concentrates, trichomes lack all other cannabinoids, but hash as I stated earlier is a concentrated extract. You don't "extract" crystals off your bud. It is not a 'concentrate'. It's a pile of trichomes. Kief. The heads may break, oxidize, and release minute traces of oils. If your powdered donut leaves powder behind, can you press it and make a "hash donut"? No. It lacks the other important ingredients. Is it a concentrate of the powder? No. What is it? Same powder in less Area. Pressed donut powder. It is not a super strong tasting donut.

Idc if it's loose, pressed or heated. The chemical structure is still trics and trics alone. Not an extract of CBN's, CBD's, THC. This is why pressed kief isn't hash, it doesn't bubble, it's not nearly as pure. So why buy it? If you make it at home, fine it's free.

If you guys are getting butt hurt because I and a couple of others don't over glorify kief, which clearly you guys love, then so what? If you 2 were my friends and said "yo, wanna smoke some hash?" and pull out a kief disc, I'd be like uhh.

Then I'd pull out my oil. Because it contains all my buds ingredients, not just crunched trics.

18. Ok fine, considering OSG seems very experienced, i will change my mind and say that TECHNICALLY pressed kief is has.

But no one who asks for hash is looking for pressed kief. they are looking for real hash, and although it technically falls under the definition, pressed kief is not the same thing.

19. in a joint it dont burn good if its not pressed,try it. all sideburns and unevenly burns.......................when its pressed it burns lovely and sometimes you dont need heat.just lots of pressure...

nature

20. You can make hash out of kief.
    Just wrap it in some newspaper or something, heat it for a few seconds on low temp (stove)...use a bottle to press it.
    Then put it on the other side and heat it again for a few seconds on low temp, use a bottle and press it again.
    Put it one minute in your freezer so it will be compact and remove the paper after that...here you go hash.