Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why make kief into hash?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Acman66, Jul 13, 2011.

1. I wouldn't really consider myself an "apprentice toker" but I suppose this is a rather simple question.

Why would one bother to make kief into hash by pressing+heating it? Is it just for the novelty of having hash, that it burns more nicely/longer, or does it in fact alter the chemistry of it making it more potent?

Thanks!

2. I dunno about you, but carrying around 10 grams of powder is a LOT harder than a 10 gram rock/chunk of hash hahahaha

With small amounts... pressing it is kinda just if you want it pressed or not... but with large amouns its a pain in the ass to handle.

Or you could take your kief and make it into qwiso, and avoid both of them and just have some oil :p

3. Obviously in larger quantities it is more convenient, I suppose I should have specified. :p

4. haha yea.. sometimes ill press a gram of kief up just for shits and giggles so i can put it in my vape haha, the powder would fall inside the actual unit, but the press doesnt....

as for people who just press tiny tiny bits of kief.... not too sure why lol

5. You can't stick kief on a pin and do hash under glass.

It's pretty damn hard to hot knife kief, or stick just a chunk of kief into a pipe and smoke it.

It's much easier to handle and carry.

I'm sure the list goes on.

6. You have to hot spoon kief.... and you need 1 larger spoon and one smaller.... set kief in larger, heat smaller to red hot, sandwich kief, turn over, KABOOM

defs a pain in the fucking ass lol

7. i took two metal wall plates and you put your kief in a little mound the sandwich the two plates and i clamped them down with a c clamp then i hammer the plates only where the kief is and you srape it up into a smaller and smaller dense hash cake makes it in 5 mins.

8. You guys are all wrong. Keep the kief and top bowls with it! :smoke:

9. Its not like you lose the kief, its still kief, its just pressed..... lawl

You can still top bowls with it. hahahahahahaha

10. I know that man. I don't really smoke anywhere else but home so I don't need to press it. ;)

11. Do lines of kief like a boss.(kidding)

If you have large amounts of kief its easier to carry a little chunk than a bag of kief, like a few others have said.

12. I do it so I can pack bigger bowls. Kief is a lot smaller making it more potent than kief (if you used the same size) Not to mention it kicks my ass a lot harder than kief. Hash+bong=win

13. Now i get it....Haha

14. It also keeps better because less of it is exposed to oxygen.

15. will it's more dense than powder,so it's smaller.Also some dealer's earn more money out of it by adding some chemical shit to it,for example to change the taste,or to have other effect's on it when high.Also for hash can last longer than kief.

16. #16 Pilot Talk, Jul 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Is making qwiso hash with kief any different than making it with trim or bud? I plan to fill up the entire chamber in my grinder where the sifted kief falls and make hash with it.

17. You mean you plan to make hash oil with it. That's what qwiso is. Hash (hashish) is pressed kief.

Sure you can make oil with kief.

18. You press it so it burns slower. I also used to throw it in my vape after chopping it up a little and it would couch lock me. If you put it in a bong, it won't be gone after 4 hits, it lasts throughout the whole bowl almost. Plus it gets a spicier flavor from the oxidation and trichomes releasing their oils. It's not exactly "hash" though, it's pressed pollen.

Edit: I usually collect mine and throw it in with my qwiso to thicken it up a little.

19. #19 SIRSOG, Jul 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Its not pollen at all lol, its pressed trichomes.... pollen is part of the reproductive system, trichomes are completely seperate (well they grab pollen, and assist the pistils a bit but they ain't pollen) and its definitely hash lol

20. Ok without getting technical yeah they are trichomes and not "pollen" but I'd like to see someone go into a smoke shop and ask for a presser and refer to kief/trichomes and not "pollen". It's just easier keeping answers shorter since I'm posting from my iPhone.