ventilation question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by djjammer, Jul 13, 2011.

1. i actually got it off ebay but its a genuine secret jardin dr60 rev2. its really good for what i need it for .its only 2ftx2ftx5ft but can grow 3-4 plants to maturity or like you say a really good vegging tent. i only got it off ebay cos i shopped around and a powerseller had it for like 30 pound less than everywhere with free delivery. i thought it was too good to be true but it arrived genuine. secret jardins are really good but get the rev2 ones

2. naturesforce thats a vary well set up tent i agree, it gave my some ideas on how to set it up i got it done but had some issues running the duct but i finally got it down and testing my temps in the room atm get really hot with the zipped but open tent satys rougly round 77 78 F thank you guys so much for the info,loomis id really appreciate seeing your set up idk i may change it around a bit to try to get he most air flow in the room

3. Do you have sufficient negative pressure through the filter with all that ducting. I know the more ducting the CFM start to get lower.

4. if ya think about it i coudt really have any less ducting. its most efficient to pull not push air through ur carbon. fan pulls the filtered air through the airtight hood and straight out through the wall. i have plenty of negative pressure

5. Yeah I know that you pull through the filter, thats why i said negative pressure. I just know that the more ducting the more chances of a leak.

6. aslong as you take care with your connections and seal em all up with jubilee clips, there should be no problem....providing ofc the fan is strong enough to cope with the length of ducting run

7. Ok, I finally took some pics this morning. Here is my 4'x4'x7' tent setup. 6'' valueline fan (435cfm) for exhaust. DIY carbon scrubber ($25) works great. 6'' inline duct booster for intake. You can see in my pic how I get my intake air from outside the closet my tent is in. I have central air, so my place stays at 70 to 72 degrees. My tent temps stay between 75 to 78. Got 5 girls that are 15 days into flower. All FF nutes.

Attached Files:

• 010.jpg
      010.jpg
      File size:
      245.3 KB
      Views:
    • 011.jpg
      011.jpg
      File size:
      222.8 KB
      Views:
    • 012.jpg
      012.jpg
      File size:
      436.2 KB
      Views:
    • 013.jpg
      013.jpg
      File size:
      495.8 KB
      Views:
  8. As far as negative pressure goes, all 4 sides of my tent get sucked in when all closed up. I use a speed control on my fan, good investment.

9. That's a good setup loomis im wondering how many watts your HPS

10. Thanks Jammer. My light is 600 watt MH for 5 weeks of veg and 600watt HPS for flower. 25'' x 25'' air cooled hood.