Supercloset secret society (s.s.s)

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by GRbudstar, Jul 13, 2011.

1. And undo or doc, I don't really remember who, but who still runs the KIND led, looking for the sweet spot
    Ahh maybe Stout?

2. I used my kind light last grow. I kept it about 16 to 18 inchs above the canopy that seemed to give me the perfect band blend from the leds. I currently have the mars light 13" above the canopy. The kind has a 2 part lens made to punch through the canopy, so you have to raise them till the diodes blend. I really like the kind light... oh yeah, I checked out those new kind lights...you mentioned. .. man those are sweet!! But geeze.....the price.. ouch..

• Like Like x 1
  3. I don't usually use this phrase but, omg, you ain't lying they are so so nice, and thanks for the info man! That's exactly where I felt mine was doing it's best at..right now 15"! I wish I could get one, but if I poop one hand and wish in the other in know which will fill first,lol

• Like Like x 2
  4. I have the Kind300 Loop. I have a small Mars reflector along side of it. This grow like last grow I am having to go a couple extra weeks to get to pre-flower. I can only imagine the problem is light. Finally I breached the subject with the bookkeeper of the household. That plants a seed, but I know now is not the time. From what I read I just think theMars1200or1600. I thought those were too big, But I don't want to make another expensive mistake. I don't have the extender kit on my tent. I would have to move it to use it. I keep my light 15-17" now. Guess it be no different.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Hmmm, it's possible.. But other seem very happy with KIND. But, the mars also, from everything I've read are great lights. Great lights. People in this thread will so agree.. and Mars Hydro website, they have a tent light combo, pretty superb price. I hope all works out for this grow on my end.. I'll be posting pic after a while!

6. Update... Nirvana Bubblicious (ph 5.9, ppm 1280, res temp 62f) alot of swelling going on.. I'm about 6.5 weeks since preflowers showed. Trics are about 80/20 cloudy clear. I think I'll finish up next week on full nuets and start my flush the following week.. Depending on growth and tric maturity ofc. Still have alot of white hairs growing straight out. I'm not going to try to rush it this go around lol. Did more defoiliating to the middle fan leaves. So far.... its shaping up great...!! \\0/

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
  7. Undo! Gorgeous man. Do you have a chiller for your res? Curious, those are awesome temps in res.

8. Thanks man!! Yeah I have a chiller. I bought a used one off ebay for 200.00 several years ago for a reef tank of mine. I wasnt using it anymore on the tank, when I started growing... so worked out perfect for my dwc. The pump for the chiller helps keep the res stirred up as well. Best grow upgrade you can get... after lights... when doing dwc. Imo Helps control the heat in the cab as well. When I get close to harvest, I start to drop the temp.. more and more.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  9. God, love it, my res is small so I think a couple ice pack will do for now.. I found a couple on ebay, @100.. Might go that route.. But now I see something else I like!! The 24/7 nute ect.. meter.. I so have to get one, I have a small ph meter that has a probe for in the RES, , but no temp. So I ordered one for the res. Small digital temp meter.. But I love the thought, that, at a glance, I know everything is right were it needs to be.. Another must have for me.

10. oh yeah... the 24/7 meter is awesome... makes life much easier.. lol. I have a back up digital meter as well. First grow i relied on the 24/7 meter and the calibration drifted.. had some defeciencies.. now once a week i calibrate the hand held and verify. . Been dead on this grow with no drift.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Very nice! I also back up with another meter of both kinds, can never be too careful, considering the amount of money spent!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Undo n Looper i had the exact same unit..buyer alert!! chk your warrantee on the probes i beleive it's only 3-6 mos..and they are not cheap! mine lasted two grows and then the probe crapped out..replaced that and got only two grows again on the replacement..to replace a third time would be what the unit costs in the first place..i gave it away..good for fish tanks but not corrosives like the ph up n dwn we use in hydro..when they go bad they can make your garden suffer till you figure it out..imo save your money don't buy trouble..having a chiller is way more important and vital than the convinience of ph,ppm,temp continuous readout guage imo

• Like Like x 3
  13. I've looked into the blue labs version, it's like 250@ not so bad really, but nest grow for sure. Don't need it with this small of a set up.. Thank you so much Doc, for that heads up!

• Like Like x 1
  14. I have the Blue lab truncheon..i luv it! it's pricy but has auto on/off,never nds to be calibrated..wish they had one for ph

• Like Like x 1
  15. DOC, that's the winner right there! And your right pricey indeed sir.. Like you said though, racing..

• Like Like x 1
  16. Yeah...  the units definitely don't come with lab grade ph probes.  The one I have, works great, as long as you don't move the controller around.  The calibration screws are super sensitive.  I moved it numerous times during my first grow, deciding on a location, which caused my drift.  Also be careful, there are Chinese knock offs, on amazon and ebay that almost look identical, but have massive problems.  

• Like Like x 2
  17. #4777 UnDo, Apr 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2015
    Does anyone add any sugar supplements during the last 2 week flush?  I've read some people use things like sugardaddy during the flush.  Mostly has sugars in it... no nkp...   and other similar products..  Anyone have any success with products like this? Just during the flush.  I do use sugardaddy during flowering ofc.. 

• Like Like x 1
  18. That's a good question bro! But, I do know that the sugars in the bud breaking down is what creates
    The flavor, of course genetics ect.. But without the sugars, less flavors, I do plan on and have sugardaddy, it makes since to me on paper. Don't have actual evidence yet! Hey btw, my plants both showed there sex today... Both females! I'm almost certain!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Harvest day! Whole house smells delicious.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  20. Hey.
    do they have reg auto's or are they all feminized?I do not have any personal experience with auto's
    This is from Sea of Seeds. Sorry hard to read, important point is it says auto's are light feeders
     How do you grow autoflower plants? If grown outdoors autoflowering plants are quite easy to look after. Germinate your seeds in spring or anytime after and leave to grow. Autoflower plants need less nutrients than other cannabis strains and need only a light feed when neccessary, also they are more resistant to diseases and insects than other cannabis plants. If grown indoors the jury is out as to how long to illuminate your plants varying from twelve to twentyfour hours. All work but eighteen hours seems to be the best, again only light feeding is nec