Supercloset secret society (s.s.s)

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by GRbudstar, Jul 13, 2011.

1. I built my own for about 1/4 of the price. Same exact steel cabinets they use for the Trinity.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  2. Super cheap!

Attached Files:

3. MrMc-very nice. You should post a step-by-step on how to build one yourself. Those look awesome and I guarantee your components are better quality than SC

• Like Like x 1
  4. #4484 MrMcFreely240, Mar 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2015
    Thank you! Its pretty basic actually, built like most grow rooms. Hardest most expensive part is acquiring the actual cabinets. A standard steel cabinet is 18 inches deep, these are 24. Delivered to my door was around $900 for the pair.

Everything else is standard grow equipment. Buckets are made from totes painted to keep the light out. You can use cheap inline fans but they will be loud. I use a can fan Max 6" to cool the lights and a cheap amazon 4" inline set on low to move air in the cab with a passive intake.

400 watt light in each one bud cabinet has a 4" carbon filter (6in filters are too big for the cabs).

I'm going to be building a 3rd chamber soon but it will just be particle board as it can fit in my closet vs being a center piece in my living room.

• Like Like x 1
  5. How did you make the holes for vents in the steel cabinets?

6. Hole saws and a beefy ass drill

• Like Like x 1
  7. I like wood for my diy..it's more acessible for hanging stuff and easier to work with than metal especially if your diy skills are limited like mine..lol!

8. I considered using wood but then I figured I'm not a carpenter so the finished product would raise suspicion.

9. I bought partical brd cab at lowes and then made the bk frm wood instead of the crdbrd it comes with..it blends with the decor but is not really stealthy visually..hard to be that in a studio apt

10. Hi everyone, I'm starting my first grow tonight. I bought a superbox and got it all set up. I've read about 100 pages of this topic (I stopped because I lost my place) so hopefully I've learned enough to get this right!

I think I've solved the pending smell issue. I removed the odor sock and got a container of natural magic odor eater from Home Depot and put it in the cage about 2 inches from the exhaust fan, then installed the sock back over it.

I'm using the 200w cfl it comes with and I also added 270w UFO LED in the corner for extra light. I'm only using 2 seeds, I don't need to produce a ton with this grow, it's only for personal use. Does this setup sound like it'll work?

My seeds both popped this morning so I transferred to rock wool this evening with both having a 1/4 in taproot. I put a single layer of hydroton on the bottom of the cups, then filled in around the rock wool with more hydroton, until it was even with the top of the rock wool, to allow for the seedling to sprout. The water is ph'ed right at 6 and is just touching the bottom of my 2 net cups. The fan is on and bubblers are on, lights will be on at 3 am for 18/6. The temp is 71 degrees with 57% humidity, and the fan has been running for about 2 hours. The top feeder is set for 15 mins every 4 hours and will come on at 130 and then go from there.

So, any tips or advice for a first time grower? I'm open to any and all thoughts, and I'm excited to get this project underway! The pic I have attached is from testing the other night. I've covered all but the middle 2 holes on the right side as those are all that I'm using. I'll be building a scrog in the next few days to put in there as well.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425442455.206135.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. Steel - good luck...I have the same superlocker and had to move my plant into a tent after about 9 weeks.   Couple of things: Scrog is a great idea.  Switch to flower really early to keep the plant short.  Keep light out of your res at all costs.  Once you get the slime, you're never really rid of it.  I hope your idea with the odor sock works.  It was completely worthless for me.  My whole basement smelled like sweet sticky icky for a couple of weeks.  I tried a couple of different things, but nothing worked.  Mine was a northern lights auto.  Once I moved her to a tent (used the same res and light) things were great.  Ended up with 3.5 oz off of one plant.  Good luck finding a real carbon filter that fits that fan also.  I'm experimenting with a soil grow in my superlocker now.  I'm using a real carbon filter with a 4" in-line fan.  We'll see how it turns out.  Once I get it going I'll post some pics.  Good luck.  The folks in this forum know their stuff and have been a huge help.

12. I agree completely, these guys definitely know what they're doing. I'll update eventually and let you know how the odor control works out. Any recommendations on when I should flower? My original thought is that I'm gonna veg for 3 weeks after the girls sprout, and then switch to flower.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. I'm a noob, but I would not do more than 2 weeks in veg.  Keeping that girl small is a MUST.  Hydro makes that even more difficult.  You're better off playing it safe.  If she gets two tall, you'll have to chop her down or move her.

• Like Like x 1
  14. In those tiny superboxes, I wouldn't veg at all!12/12 from seed!   :metal:

15. Boz the veg period is imporant for grwng the root systm..if you don't have a strong well developed root systm you're likly to have weak spindly airy bud..plus a strong root systm can fight disease better than a weak one..my cabs are just a little ahead of sched..i'm flushing and the bud put on bulk so i'm harvesting one cab on sun and the other the following sun..originally the plan was harvest on the 15th..so i'm a hair ahead of sched ..perfect!
    ready for harvest 001.JPG ready for harvest 002.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  16. Hey hey!

Back for my second grow. Still using my Super closet. Last grow I did 5 plants.. Had a crowding issue and only yielded 6 oz. This time I'm only doing 2 plants (Nirvana's bubblicious. I just switched them to 12/12. Using the stretch to fill the net. Also using my new mars2 1600w led. Hopefully it will make difference from the kind 400. Kept getting a calcium lockup on the 2nd plant. It likes a high ph for some reason. Plant #1 could Care less.... It keeps growing vigorously. Ph currently at 6.2.. ppm at 759.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  17. Undo the cab looks great..i'm impressed!that is one sweet looking bumper crop..i think you got it!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Thanks Doc...  I see your still hard at it...  Nice grows you got going on.  I had to take a break, and now I'm back at it... lol  A Lot less stressful than my first grow.  Not every little spot on a leaf throws me into a panic now... lol  

• Like Like x 1
  19. Hey Undo, long time no see.

It is Day 74. I can harvest Day 75 or 76, and then not until Day 82 the next weekend. It is filling in nicely. Liberty Haze. 

Doc- appreciate any advice on harvest now or a week. Don't want to miss peak. Have been flushing for 3 weeks.
    View attachment day 74.bmp  

• Like Like x 2
  20. 5dw the heads are bulbous but they still look about 50% clear..i'd go the extra wk..i have the same situation in my cabs..one i'm doing on sun and the other the following sun..i'm not going for amber and worrying about it ..at 84 days thass a long time..it better be ready..sativa takes a long time which is why i tend to stay away from them but idk what your Liberty Haze is..indicas go fast..the hybyrds of the two is tricky cause different phenos can show different traits though the same strain but not in a timely fashion on the finishing time..