Supercloset secret society (s.s.s)

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by GRbudstar, Jul 13, 2011.

1. #4221 peirman7, Dec 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2014
    I just got the top light MarsII 1200 to match with my air cooled 600 w HPS for a 5x5 gorilla grow tent. A lot of us have gorilla, definitely heavy duty, There is so much product on the internet, if you have patients, like the others said, the quality from SC is poor, you will do so much better in quality and cost if you source it out yourself and you have this thread to bounce product ideas.
    You can't beat the price on Mars-Hydro, I've just had mine for a week so far so good, That site also sells tents,don't know the quality, be careful there, and my 600 w HPS has been a workhorse, but you have to deal with the heat. You have some research time ahead of you, but a lot of the answers are right here for you, HAPPY SHOPPING!   

2. Two plants sprouted 7 days apart, both 3rd wk veg. On right the eldest, Liberty Haze, very happy... ready to turn to flower. On left is LSD. The leaves have been HUGE. And no female development, but no balls either.  Should I toss it and concentrate on the strong girl? Last photo- side by side

LSD 12-14-14.jpg liberty haze 12-14-14.jpg 12-14-14.jpg

3. 5dw this is tricky..two different strains probally with different nute requirements..that might be an issue..the size as you have it imo isn't going to work well with the screen..the screen should be low enough for the smaller plnt and the bigger plnt should be bent to that level under it or you will never have an even canopy ..if they are both feminized you should make every effort to keep both..you did lower the screen from the 18'' you initally proposed i hope

4. Doc- yes, lowered screen to 18" from ground level when you last told me. I can still move down more. Where do I go from here for my larger plant. Keep working on canopy in veg? I thought I would go an another week to give the LSD a chance. I didn't purposely have two different strains. Only knew it when then started developing.

5. 5DW-
    I put my trellis directly on top of the pot and started LST thru trellis from day one that it could be done. I'll post a pic later

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

6. here's a pic of what I was saying. I made the trellis so it sits right on top of pot. The plants main stem is only a couple inches vertical then started bending. ive never broken a branch but I have read and seen plenty that have and it doesn't seem to hurt the plant if you support the broken branch til it heals. Hope that helps, GL

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1418659060.806319.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. 5dw imo you should lower the net and start your bending..when they're young they bend easily without breaking later they get more barklike and they'll break not bend..just tape them if they break and go slow ..sorry no pics till i get nu camera

8. i should clarify ''go slow''if it's the main stem i'm bending from vertical to horizontal i'll bend 1/4 of the way where i want..leave it for couple hrs come bk bend it a little more..couple sessions and you got it

9. #4229 stellaandstout, Dec 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2014
    Hello getting close to harvest . I cut one branch off yesterday to dry, it looks like a baby's arm and is plum full of buds . The rest of the plant should be drying by the end of this week and when it is all done I will let you know the weight . I can't wait .

10. Congratulationson your harvest stellaandstout!

I'm also about to start vegging in 2-3 weeks. Germinated 4 seeds, two has popped and waiting for the other two!

11. @5dw hold on to that LSD it's amazing how things can turn around in a couple days or a week. 
    Here's my question, when you scrog, when do you stop tucking and let them go? I have pretty good head room, about 24-30 inches above the screen. I just went to 12/12 bloom 4 days ago.
    The first is Liberty Haze and the second is Sage and Sour

Attached Files:

12. trellis lowered. LSD and Liberty Haze 12-15-14
    LSD and Liberty Haze 12-15-14.jpg

13. yeah, I've gotton a "Dr. Mengle likes this" for a long, long time.

14. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1418788878.090811.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1418788892.473830.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1418788916.806802.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1418788934.374792.jpg

--------------------------------------
    Current grows:

Attached Files:

15. shroomy-
    what kind of light is that in the 1st pic of inside the tent?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. 600watt hps and a 180w Apollo horticulture led

--------------------------------------
    Current grows:

17. hey guys just letting people know that are interested in the supercloset. definitely get one of the tents. you get better lights etc for a better price. and the hydro system that comes with it is cool but imo its not tall enough and they make it harder then it needs to be. i took mine out and made 2, 18 gallon tote dwc buckets. if you don't wanna do that i would just use the supersonics system without the topfeeders until your better at growing. 

18. Cut my baby down this morning I am very happy with the results especially since it was my first grow . Thanks to everyone on here that helped .

19. Ooh, next week we'll be getting a weight report! Love those. Congrats on the harvest S&S. An accomplishment, that's for sure.

20. Happy Holidays to all!
    Hey What are people's feelings about UVB lights, is it worth putting one up for flowering? I know the solar storm light has them built in. Has anybody here used one? There is a business I think in San Diego that sells a single 4 ft. bulb, I guess you can cure your surf board with UVB, co been around for a while. 
    On my 8th day of 12/12 and have been tucking under the screen, the two big sativa, the other just at the screen and the Liberty Haze almost there. 
    Do I keep Tucking under for another week or do I let them go???
    Shots of the scrog, and my co2 meter, and from what I can tell, the first sign of a female flower on one of my Sweet Island Skunks. Last shot is what I do with my discarded nutes.

Attached Files: