Supercloset secret society (s.s.s)

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by GRbudstar, Jul 13, 2011.

1. BT's are taut.. big nu shoes for wf 005.JPG

Knucks and wizards fire doing nicely big nu shoes for wf 002.JPG

2. Doc,
    they all lookin nice! for the Knucks and wizard fire, what sort of ppm are u running? Still unregisterable or bumped up at this point? Just trying to understand when the plants transition from little to no nutrient uptake to starting to really take nutes in. I know it's kind of science ? but just wonderin your op.,.
    hope I grow like u one day, thanks man!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. I ordered my superbox last night.  Excited to get started!

4. Messed the grow up!! i had run a flush and then mixed fresh nutes using rain wtr..probally wasn't good idea for hydro cause i didn't strain the dirt out..roots got a little dirt covered so i dunked all in pool shk and added more to the soup..also added cal mag too..was still only 420@5.7 but the littlest couldn't handle it evidently..reverse osmosis! i pulled it put it in big basket in chmbr 3 with the knucks since they are on very lite nutes..the WF i put in chmbr 1 taking it's place so it can get the advantage of the co2..i also drained the res and i'm back to using all r/o..i'll give the plnt two days to recover..in my experience they go bad this quick they're not coming back but well see
    messed up somehow 002.JPG messed up somehow 003.JPG rotation 004.JPG rotation 001.JPG

5. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416366056.133854.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416366103.895962.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416366149.616338.jpg
    Ok here they are. After a rough start I think I finally have things dialed in! Two fems Sage and Sour and the smaller is miss Liberty Haze the other three are reg Sweet Island Skunk, so I'm hoping for one girl, they are growing like weeds!
    @Dr do you think I should top or fimm they are mostly sativa and at their sixth set of leaves?
    @5 dw how are your LB mines a real trooper did everything to mess her up but she's small but growing, looks a little more indica than my others, def a hybrid . Would love to see your girls

6. Peri your grow is lookin tight! i would fin or top those sativias to keep them under control if they're outgrwning the other plnts too quickly..wanna keep keep the canopy even as you can..you top them they'll slow dwn and the others can catch up..theoretically..my weak sista ain't so weak after all..one drk cycle in new res with the knucks and she bounced right back surprising me totally..the seedling i put in her place idk..too much too soon possibly..both chmbrs are now at 280-420@5.7-6.0 still a fairly lite mix..i'm feelin my way on this one
    weak sis recovers 001.JPG

7. How much heat are the MarsII putting out??? I am thinking of the 700 or the 900

8. Peri i don't have those models i got the 3w Mars reflector series..48x3w and 96x3w not much heat..the 192x3w put out fair amount of heat my 4'' inlines couldn't handle..i'm getting a 6'' at the end of the mo but then i have low cab ht

9. Hey everyone,
    Moving to tent tomorrow. Doc- on the Reflector do I just turn on the veg switch during veg? Sounds like a dumb question, but didn't have any directions. I'm not even sure I was right flipping both veg and bloom together for flower. Not near as strong as my KIND 300. But it gets the edge for just 98 bucks.

I made a trellis from trellis netting from the hydro store. Ziptied very taut to each corner pole. I have it 18" above top of reservoir. Seems it will keep me from getting the lights close enough. It will slide, but why would it recommend 18"? I guess I am too literal.

10. 5dw imo 18'' is too tall..if you measure from floor to top of screen that sounds right but not from top of res to top of screen..i use 8''-10'' from top of res in my rigs..remeasure from the floor and see if that 18'' now wrks btw the veg swich on is what you want for veg as it turn that spectrum of lites on and the fan..when you flwr then both switches on bring the rest of the spectrum in to play..my replacement fan won't get here till fri ..chk'd trkng and it's still travling the roads of china

11. Cab 1 is still wonkish little trim 008.JPG

cab 3 is doing well and wk sister recovered little trim 006.JPG

12. Thanks to all who have contributed to this thread. I have been pondering getting something like this and the information here has been a great value. :gc_rocks:

Pardon if this has been asked, but does anyone use these closets with soil instead of hydro? Please discuss. I was thinking on using an organic soil mixture to feed my ladies in a closet. I know hydro is quicker but soil is more forgiving. Thoughts?

13. my two Liberty Haze just moved to the tent. Got up at 3 to be able to have time. It was fun. Grow 5@ 3 wks moved to tent 11-21-14.jpg

a jillion times better than that fuckin' locker. I weigh 145. How on earth men are able to deal is a mystery to me. I guess in time we all realize what an expensive mistake we made. Maybe the large ones are better?? I LOVE my gorilla tent.

14. Blue. I just finished a skunk 47 grow in a super soil mix and got an ok but not great yield. Where hydro has been getting me 4-7 ozs this 1st soil grow got me 2.5 and I now have 2 strawberry coughs going in super soil inside my SL3.0. So if I do not get at least 4 this time I plan on going back to hydro, Hydro takes more attention plus the cost of the nutrients but so far has produced a better cost-benefit ratio. I have only been growing for a year now so I'm just giving you my personal experience as a non-professional. Good luck!

15. #4176 5dogswalking, Nov 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2014
    So this morning I check everything and all the water is outside of the reservoir on, fortunately in the lining that catches water. Need to figure that out! Always something. I turned on overhead water for 5 min once every 6 hours. Has to be connected. Wonder if coming up drain pipe I cut even more because it is useless.

YES, IT WAS. STUFFED WITH FOIL AND SARAN. WORKS FINE NOW.

Also- what temps do you all set your controllers? 80 high and 70 low? Then CO2 turns on and  if temps are in agreement the exhaust turns off.

I REMEMBER CALLING TITAN AND THEY HAD ME SET IT AT DAY 70 AND NIGHT 80 (OPPOSITE) ANDIT WORKED PERFECTLY FOR THE CO2. BUT NOW THAT MAKES NO SENSE T0 ME SO I AM STRUGGLING TO UNDERSTAND. THEIR MANUFACTURE SETTING IS DAY 80 AND DAY 70. I'M GOING TO HAVE TO CALL THEM AGAIN. I'LL LOOK at MY NOTES TO SEE WHETHER I EXPLAINED IT.

Man, it's always something. Guess I'll plug that tube and see of that helps. Or just turn off the overhead watering.??????? Help!

16. 5dw this sounds strange..maybe one of your sprayers got loose..chk them all and connection to pump..i ran one of my chmbrs with no bubblers before i figured out the line had gotten loose..for two days!! as for temps 70  during the day now that we're in winter sounds about right..80-82 is sounding about right for led..i'm doing co2 and i'm runin 77-82 by just venting 6 min every 60 min..plnts like it..i replaced all my 4'' ducting..next  i do the 6'' ducting for chmbr 2..i harvested my two outdr plnts on sun..very smelley and sticky..this is last of the summer grow..indr is starting to catch it's stride
    ducting install 001.JPG ducting install 002.JPG ducting install 004.JPG ducting install 007.JPG ducting install 011.JPG ducting install 013.JPG harvest for winnter 012.JPG harvest for winnter 017.JPG harvest for winnter 018.JPG

17. Doc- nice photos, I love the plants in the purple shot. So compact.

Figured out the leak. All is well.

What I don't understand is low to set my controller. Do I set the day and night as the highest and the lowest temps I want? Giving parameters? I had it figured out once, but I forgot. I've got a leaky bucket up top here.

18. Nice work Doc! I like the shot with the glove on, Nice Glove!
    Ok so things seem to be humming along(I hesitate to say that and WE ALL KNOW WHY) The tent temps are 76-78 lights on and 70 off, hum is 50 -63% with a dehuey kicking on at 63%, and the Co2 is 1100-1600 lights on using a ART and co2 meter. I am running a sealed room with my DIY chiller and Ice box, soon to add one more ice box/fan to prepare for Hps light and possible led, right now I'm running 400 w MH at 50% on the ballast at 10-12 inches and diy string of cfl's for fill.

@5dw First two are of my one fem Liberty Haze, Fem Sage and Sour, reg Sweet Island Skunk.

Attached Files:

19. #4180 5dogswalking, Nov 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2014
    Wow Peir, looking really good- you really have it dialed in.

I have two plants- photos below. Leaves are different so I think perhaps an LSD made it and only one Liberty Haze. But my Liberty Haze is struggling. Why????? It has achieved roots while looking like this. What is it saying being so dreary? The other plant is so happy.The leave formations are so different which makes me think in my 500 seed sprouting fiasco I got mixed up. Imagine that.

Grow 5 Nov 26.jpg

Grow 5 week Nov 26.jpg