Supercloset secret society (s.s.s)

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by GRbudstar, Jul 13, 2011.

1. @card it's ok to cut  clones and then flip on same day..i do with no problems

2. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1413770237.619365.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Awesome, I love good news. Thank you sir. I was looking up some videos on trimming too but all the plants in the vids looked tall and lengthly and looked nothing like these short bushy ones I got. Do you think I should trim to get bigger buds or just let it be?

4. brilliant. lowered reflector 6" then crisscrossed the inside cables to opposite pulley which shortened them just enough to produce the perfect cant. Huge difference. thanks as always

5. Card i got thoughts on trimming but i gotta get bk later on that..and looking for pics of male n female..a day of ft ball and haz c  ..it's a little difficult to focus..lol!

6. Haha I hear ya partner. Go dolphins baby!!

7. I hear you doc I think I watched football today.

8. Doc- Sara says KIND has more white and Reflector more red. Am asking her if Mars II would be better match. Let you know.

9. hey Dr.M. would it be a good idea for me to just leave the distilled water in there so they could try to fully recover or would that be too long for them without nutrients?

10. Mcash they can go long time with no nutes..rember they are overnuted they have to use up or get rid of whats on board..again just lv them alone..and just cause you have little patience go 5 days instead of 3..note what 3 days looks like and then 5 days on nuthin but distilled wtr..they won't die and they'll be better for it...

11. #4051 peirman7, Oct 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2014
    IMO I think your plants are too young to be giving them so much nutrients. I thought I had read that nature packs these little babies with every thing they need until they get their first true set of leaves.Also, sometimes the nutes (that B1 is thick and dark) will color your roots brown and they are still healthy. Like doc said, check for slime and keep your nutes under 70.
    I really have to laugh at all these new entries to this thread. It really shows how there is no customer support from Super Closet and the one answering all the questions is a DIY'er who doesn't even own a SC(BLESS YOUR HEART Dr.M)
    @5dw Its hard to tell, cause of the lighting in the pic, but your girls look great! What strain is that, the van kush?
    Was busy with the bubble bags Saturday, had three oz.'s that did not cure well because they were so small but loaded with trics, I didn't weigh but looks like 7-10 grams. and most important the birth of my new baby girl Sage and Sour, now just waiting for her sister to pop and its off we go!

Attached Files:

12. Ok thanks for the info...cuz I thinking something along the lines of 7days b4 I change
    I appreciate any information being a newbie but I am most definitely determined to learn

13. Mcash i would pick up any grow books by Jorge Cervantes..i've been using his book for over 20yrs..it's been updated

14. Peirman you make a good point so i would like to take the time to thank doc for taking time out of his day and coming on here and helping us out no matter how ridiculous or absurd some of our questions are so thank you doc for the help and I hope it continues.

15. I second that!!! Thanks Dr.M.

16. Can anyone tell me if I have a problem? See attached picture. Within the last 2 days the purple and yellow has just sort of shown up. Is this some kind of burn or deficiency? Strain is skunk 47. Thanks for any advice

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1413855195.947073.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

17. Peirman- my plant is Critical Kush, Barney's Farm. It what I have been enjoying for several months. This plant has been through all sorts of crazy things like flower nutes for 5 weeks about stuck in veg, then too big for Superlocker so chopped down 2 feet. Then later made the move to the tent. This has gone on for months now.

18. Thanx for the kind words peeps! I'm cooking late dinner so while it's baking lets talk trimming..it's a controversial subject..what you do for short plnts and trees are similar but not quite the same..lighting and space have a lot to do with it..and it's strain dependent..i do shorties around 3.5' max as i have no hdrm...what you're trying to acheive is density of nugs..it takes lots of light to do that..to get that light thru the canopy you need lotta power..with that power comes heat and all the attendant problems...OR you can expose the bud by uncovering it..the controversy is do you deleaf or cut back the leaf but not off...i used to deleaf big time about 3-4 times thru the grw to expose  the bud..seemed like it grew bk even thicker..but it slows the plnt dwn ..no doubt about it and you add time to your sched..I learned from Laz's grow to not cut the entire leaf off only as much to expose the bud..each leaf is a energy receptor and even with only 1/2 or a 1/3 potion cut it still wrks converting light to sugar the plnt nds..the light distance is big factor..figure with hid you got around maybe depending on the watts 20''-36'' to work with on penetration for dense nugs..led it's only 18''-20'' so you can't waste an inch..to this end all the foliage under that main canopy of leaf getting no light goes..i call this stuff fromunda..ffromunda the canopy..lol! all of it will be popcorn bud or die off from no lite and will divert resources from getting up top..now you can measure from the bottom of the canopy to the light rather than the deck to the light..you've gained 5''-6'' to work with..keeping that 18'' zone in mind you can raise or lower the lite to 5''-8'' for led above the plnt..reference my pic..from the deck to bottom of plnts has been stripped..7''...from bottom leaf to lite is 17''..head of plnt to lite is 6''..i'm working with a 96x3w led panel actual output 170w so i can get it that close..but you get the idea..the strain has a lot to do with the size..a sativa dominant you'll be bending and cutting but they do well in a scrog..i was going to scrog this pair but they'll do better imo being lst'd with yo-yo's to keep within the 18''..i'm going to flip them this coming wknd..talk about seedlings later after dinner
    gardens this morn 004.JPG