Supercloset secret society (s.s.s)

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by GRbudstar, Jul 13, 2011.

1. pretty little flowers everywhere!!!! but seriously shits gettin outta control can't really tie down cause I can't get branches to bend trying super cropping but it scares the hell out of me and my lil bastard seeds downstairs are being assholes;) can't believe how much these things are growing insane!!!!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Damn. What are you gonna do? Some of them look like they're touching the cooltube already.

• Like Like x 1
  3. #23 biff11, Jul 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2011

Dude.... just TRY IT (supercropping). Its simple to do. Try it on one or two branches, wait a couple days to see how the branch "heals" and then you'll be convinced. IMHO this is a lot easier then LST because you pick where you want to bend the branch, gently bend it until it "kinks", and thats it....no prolonged training with string and shit.

BTW, how long did you veg for? How tall were they when you switched to flower?

You know, you could always take cuttings, revert to veg, then switch back to flower once they become established and start growing. This will set you back a few weeks, but will also allow you to flower sooner and when their shorter.

Or if their all the same strain (sorry, don't want to re-read thread now), kill 1/2 of them, then through supercropping or lst make the remaining one horizontal. By killing 1/2 of them you have room to train the keepers. When you "kill" 1/2 of them you could use those as cuttings and throw them in the veg chamber so you're not wasting them.

A lot has to do with how many strains you have growing.

Just my $.02.

• Like Like x 1
  4. yea it does get crzy in there.. you should really start to clean up all the bottom droopy branches.. for max air flow..

the thing is you gotta LST the shit out of em from the get go.

find a way to get your light deeper down into the bottom of the chamber.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I have the deluxe 2.0 and thinks it's good for people that do not have the know how to build one them self. DVD needs upgrade badly!!!!!!!!!!! hook are useless glad I stop by this thread alot of inform was gain today. Like to know a couple of things maybe someone can help. leafs at the bottom of my plants seems to be drying out what can i do to stop this from happen and will I be alright if I top off my plants I only have 12in left of grow space and I am only in my 3rd week of flowering with NL. temps. 78-86, hum is 61%, nutes is 700, and ph is 5.8 to 6.0

6. For those that have a few grows under their belt, I'd also be interested in knowing what yield you're averaging per plant or total grow. Obviously there are a variety of factors that decide that, depending on strain, method, etc, but I wouldn't mind having some sort of a baseline just to gauge my competency when it comes time to weigh out or just to have an idea what I should expect depending on the methods I use. Anybody have any info on this? (I'm running the Deluxe 2.0 but any Supercloset model would be interesting to hear.)

Smoke on.

7. Howdy all,
    Just stumbled onto this thread...glad to know there are fellow SC growers here.

I received my SCD2.0 back in mid-May. Yes...the instructions (what DVD?...all I got was a stapled stack of paper) REALLY SUCK! The only way I got my setup done was by calling Superponic. It made a HUGE difference talking it through one-on-one. So, if you're stumped by the directions...definitely call their hotline.

I started my grow with rockwool germination in the veg (lower) chamber on 5/23. About a month afterward, I moved them up to the flowering (upper) chamber. Now on day 59 total...day 31 in the flowering chamber. Temps have been running about 77 with lights...70 without. RH is 58 with lights...68 without. Ph is maintained at 5.0 to 6.0. I am running lights at 18/6 at max output. Not ready to switch to 12/12, but wondering if I should...I'm probably close (another month?), since 1/2 my kids (can't say how many are ladies yet) are still about 12" below max height. I'm hoping I can move the guys outdoors to make room for the ladies (total of 16 plants still), but I need to be sure which ones those are (maybe another week or so and they'll start to show their genitals). Overall, my first ever grow seems to be going well. I used bag seed for this round...maybe bump up to mail order next time. We'll see.

Only issue I see so far is getting the hydro timer to work. When I turn the switch to "][' symbol, no water pumps at all. When I move it to the little clock symbol, I get 24/7 watering. I know I have the 'dip swithches' set right (15 minutes every 3 hours), but I can't seem to figure it out. Lack of regular watering may explain the less-than-lush looking color of the leaves...kinda yellowish...not the deep green I was expecting.

My only complaint so far? The damn fans are REALLY loud and the carbon filter doesn't really get rid of the smell. It's cool for me, but if you wanted to put this in your living room, I don't think you'd be very stealthy when ma came by for a visit.

So anyway. Sorry for the long winded intro, but that's where I'm at.
    L8R

• Like Like x 1
  8. #28 GRbudstar, Jul 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    welcome to the society!
    would love to see some pics, and watch out for flowering they pop off like madman!(check pics from beginning of thread) sorry to hear bout the water timer but realistically u don't want to water them that much. I had mine on 24 bubbles for first two weeks in flower then I hit them with 15 mins of top water every day they wake up and that's it. waking them up to water helps to make sure nothings gets real soggy cause by the time the lights out everythings dried rather well. always 1/4 the nutes even in flower I've been using the same 1/4 formula since I started flower and haven't seen any downfalls yet. the only time the plants didint really respond well was when I tried to up the nutes just by a 1/4 of what I was using and caused horrible nute burn:( good luck and any questions usually get answered here so font be afraid to ask;)
    "united we smoke,divided we choke"

• Like Like x 1
  9. not enough room!!!!!! Ive clipped the shit out of leaves to try and get more air and light around had some pretty bad bends that im worried about but all the flowers lookin good besides ones touching the light. I just hope I can get some kind of nice yeld any predictions would be nice thanks

Attached Files:

10. Glad to be here GRbudstar. Hope to be able to give back as much as I get from this forum; this will definitely help me learn how I can do better on my next grow.

After taking a few pics of the kids, I'm not so happy with the way they look...I thought the yellowish/pale tint to the leaves was from the 600W HPS light, but as soon as I turned it off (so I could take some pics) I quickly realized that they didn't look so healthy. I'm doing a water change today with a fresh batch of nutes, so I'll try your formula when I do. PPM reading says I'm in the 430 range, so am I doing something wrong? And what do you mean by 1/4 formula?

Here's my pics, maybe someone can tell what they're lacking from these. Again, these are about two months old...5 weeks since they moved to the flowering chamber.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  11. I'm thinking probably nutrient lockout. 400 ppm doesn't sound too bad for plants that size. What is the pH? And when pH goes out of range (5.5-6.1), how long does it stay out of range for? If you keep it at 5.0 for hours and hours at a time on a consistent basis, then it's quite possible some nutrients are unavailable in the root zone even though they're there in the soup. The left half of the chart below pertains to us hydro growers.
    [​IMG]

If your pH is at 5.0, then you're not getting any phosphorus or magnesium for example, unless of course your nutrients are chelated. I don't remember since i don't use the technaflora nutes anymore, but i don't think they use many chelates, so the above chart should be pretty accurate for you.

Of course, if your pH swings wildly, then you could have signs of deficiency at both ends of the pH spectrum so diagnosing can get complicated when it's not just 1 but multiple things you're dealing with. And at this point, you don't know yet if it's just 1 thing or multiple things.

And finally, if you know for a fact that your pH is always good, then obviously, you have a different kind of problem. I'm still a noob so i can't say "oh duh, it's xyz disorder. just do this and it'll defnitely fix it," but i hope this information was helpful to you.

Buddha

• Like Like x 1
  12. buddha1127,
    I'm actually quite proud of how I've kept my pH...try to always keep it around 5.8. Maybe a few hours here and there where it's gone down to 5 or up to 6, but not typically.

These plants have always been spindly and tall...ever since sprouts. The lower leaves are always turning brown/yellow and dieing.

Is it that I simply have plain ol' bag seed and they were never destined to be lush plants?

13. Hmm, well if it's not pH, then i guess we need more info. When did this start happening? As much detail as possible would be great.

I know bad genetics can give you crappy weed, but i don't think they'll actively kill your plants. Even if it's bag seed, i think it should be able to grow normally as long as it germs. Was the weed you smoked where the bag seed came from really, really bad or something?

• Like Like x 1
  14. @ currier what kinda temps you running??

roots look nice... hmmmmm

your using technaflora i assume?

my bottoms of a few of mine are yellowing a bit.. but not droopy like that.. how often are you feeding them?? wilting down makes me think maybe too much?? not sure though

could be PH..

• Like Like x 1
  15. guys I'm no expert but what I think I'm seeing is to much nutes. try taking five gallons out of rez and put in just PH water to replace and next time u change your Rez try using this recipe it's based on 11 gallons and it's almost a forth of the recommended nutes.... I'd also go to flower real soon here's my recipe for that as well everything in my gardens done real good on it
    based on using 11 gallons in Rez

vegetive
    bc boost 4.5 TBS
    bc grow 2 TBS
    thrive alive red .5 TBS
    magical .5 TBS
    sugar daddy 3 TBS

flower
    bc boost 4.5 TBS
    bc bloom 4.5 TBS
    awesome blossom .5 TBS
    thrive alive b1 red .5 TBS
    magical .5 TBS
    sugar daddy 3 TBS

16. If anything, I'm thinking I'm low on nutes - I haven't added anything since moving the kids to the upper chamber because the PPM was always in the low 400's. Since the water is kinda low, this would be a good time to try your recipe, GRbudstar - thanks!

Manic, temps are running 77 or so with light on...RH at 58...pH right on at 5.8.
    Baffling isn't it?

We'll see what happens after the water/nute change...fingers crossed.

17. thats a toughie... I hope you can diagnose the problem..

Good luck to you.. be sure to keep us posted.. im about to upload my pics today from my closet.. Day 49 Flowering sum LA X OG, TRAINWRECK.. and SHIVA SKUNK..

• Like Like x 1
  18. What's the water temp

19. lol im not trying to be the guy that comes in here like talking shit about this product.

but you have proven it lol.

the amount of holes and the size and the hps.

litterally could NEVER handle a plant vegging longer then a week.

its a no veg grow system that would work nicely.

but it should be advertised like that.

so if i can give you guys using this my two cents on how to get the money out of it.

never run 24 hour light in it.

its light sealed for a reason keep the heat down with 18/6 veg.

and also, root clones in it, and go straight to flower.

you will have like half ounce nugs.

and run the lucas formula. buy a ppm temp ph meter.

your golden.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Water temp is around 72...

• Like Like x 1