Supercloset secret society (s.s.s)

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by GRbudstar, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Just flushed them.. almost there.. :)

Also... does the ph of the plain flushing water matter? I ph it to around the same as the nutrient mix just in case.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

2. Undo it's not necessary to ph your flush wtr..only ph when you're using nutes

3. Makes sense. .. no worries of neut lockout since there aren't any.. lol. Just wasn't sure if the quick change in ph would stress them or not.

I took a small lower popcorn bud and gave it a quick dry and smoke test. My first from the girls.

Wow... floored me... hit me quick and hard. Seemed almost instant head rush.. 20 minutes later I was dazing off.. haven't felt like that in a while. Lasted a good 2 hours or so... I can't imagine what it will be like once it's fully dried and cured. The tric's were mostly all cloudy on that bud.

Was definitely the right time to start the flush. 1 to 2 weeks it will be ripe for sure...

All smiles just thinking about it.. lol

4. Thass what i'm talkin about..excellent!

5. A big High to all from the cool mountains of New Mexico.
    Looks like all grows are going well. 
    Undo looks fantastic!
    5dw congrats on the harvest and good luck on the next
    Doc you are the man!!!
    So this is my heads up, Costco online is now carrying hydro equip, AWesome outdoor pots, and get this:
    Item #868094
    Features:
    Bundle Includes 2'x4' Gorilla Grow Tent with 12" and 24" Height Extensions, K3-L300 Kind LED Grow Light, SuperCloset SuperPonic 16 Hydroponic System $1299.99 delivered
    They also have the tents by themselves
    I WAS SHOCKED!!! Hope this helps, I am interested in the pots for next years outdoor grow and they also have HPS lights!

6. Heyyyyyy!!! looking good people.... Ive been a lil M.I.A but things are going well. Flawless grows all around. Keep up the great grows!!!

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Lovin the thread! Just got my superstar with the leds and just got some sprouts. Feels good being a new dad ! Lol subbed and smoke on

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Hey hey!

The 1600 watt replacement LED showed up on Monday!  The girls are loving it.  I can already see a huge difference in the pale popcorn buds deep under the canopy.  They have renewed growth after just a couple days under the new light and are changing to a darker color now.  I decided to go an extra week with neuts, but after the flush earlier I've dropped it down to around 500ppm.  I don't want to rush them.  The unknown has to be a pure sativa with those real slender, long leaves and the white widow seems to be on the more sativa pheno side as well.  12 or 13 weeks of flowering should be better for them than 10.  I'm not force feeding them , but since I changed out the light, they have been ravishing the res.  Water and nutrient consumption has taken off again.  I want to make sure the lower areas of the plant have what they need to finish up, now that they have the light they needed.  Darn fedex, if only I could have been using this light from day one of flower.

Also debating doing a partial harvest when the top is ready and letting the lower go for a bit longer.  Ahhhh....decisions decisions... oh the joy... :p  lol

9. Picture update.

Attached Files:

10. Man they look tasty undo great job!!! Cant wait till my girls fill out

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Looking great undo..i don't see a problem taking the tops that finish first up top and taking the lwr stuff later..i worked out the math for my led i'm getting..draws 135w..puts out 270w led watts..to penetrate an 18'' canopy it needs to be 11'' above it..this covers 2.5' sq in veg and 2' in flwr..this will get you leaf temp of around 88-89 which is ideal for rapid growth..evidently rm temp is not as imporant as i thought only leaf surface temp..means i can get that led right dwn there and not worry about room temp because to get leaf ideal temp you gotta run the cab 85-89..and that's the trick with leds you don't have to battle cab heat venting all the time..you can do more with less..i listened to the rep on the sustainable cannibis show on adam dunn show(icannibis radio online) and there was a good product discusssion..much was learned..i think my rig can do 6 oz with the screen and a led to start..if i get that from this cab i'll up grade everything..the light will have paid for itself

Thanks guys!

Yeah LED's are awesome and they are only going to get better in the future.....  My temp only went up about 3 degree's going from the 400w(290w actual draw) and 1600w(780w actual draw).  The top of the cab where the outtake is, stays around 86f now vs 83 to 84 before.  I keep the res at a chilly 60f.  I have a fan sitting on the res blowing cool air up and thru the canopy as well.  Regardless of the cab temp.. the leaves always feel nice and cool to the touch.  OMG the aroma is killing me though.  Such a sweet fruity scent coming from the girls...  I just want to gobble them up...lol  I'm going to have to go buy me some bud though, to hold me over till it's ready, lmao...  I was thinking I would hold off for a few weeks, wait till my own was ready.. but thats just not going to happen.. lol   Not with having to smell and look at them everyday...  :p

13. Undo- unbelieveable. You've done a great job. Yes, I had to make a buy at the end. It's better, then you won't be tempted to cut your curing short.

The place I would buy was fairly new to me. Great stuff. And they send you home with one of their voluptuous girls with high heels (you know the kind.  Seduction is seduction.) offering you a dab on the house. Holy shit- the drive home. So I certainly don't miss saving up the money in a special compartment in my wallet, but the dark, neon ambiance was always a trip. They made it fun.

14. Tomorrow i start flwring cab 2..i'm finding it's easier for me to start whatever i'm going to do at the start of the month on the 1st..makes counting the days easy..cab 1 is 31 days in flwr cab 2 day 1 flwr..outdr has no count basically other than when they go outdrs...mine went out in may so i'm hoping they're ready early sept..i'm running a flush on both cabs ..with the headers attached i ran the soup for 10 days instead of my usual 7...i'll flush till sun..i'm smoking this aged two yr old bud..it's good but it's a little too spacy..makes you think too much about dark things..i'm going to have to get some good stuff to balance it out..going to be difficult because my money this mo goes to the led purchase..i'll figure it out..i'm wishing sept was here already
    running a flush before starting flwr cab 2 001.JPG running a flush before starting flwr cab 2 003.JPG

15. Just started the final flush today... I let them sit in a low nutrient solution all week. It's down to about 300ppm from 600 at the beginning of the week. Tric's are pretty much all cloudy now. Have to hunt to find a clear one or 2.

So... plain water now.. Till the finish.. \\@/

Did another popcorn quick test and it just floored me. I normally smoke 2 bowls of the good I can buy around here and I'm good to go. But this ww... 2 hits and I'm just gone. Lol. Must be some excellent genetic s because I now I screwed up several times during the grow.

I have cloned the 2 best pheno types of the ww I grew. Based on bud size and growth rates. I think im going to grow both into mothers. The unknown clones didn't take. I don't think it's a good strain for my grow room size. I have strings holding up all the colas of that plant. Which has completely circled around the box.

Next grow... 2 ww and going to pop one of the bubblelicious seeds I have. 3 plants should give me the same or larger yield.. now that I at least have a clue about what I'm doing. Lol

16. I trim my one seed almost daily. My locker is full, LED as high as it goes and plant is right up next up it. Killed me yesterday trimming a lower branch with buds because of room.

Hey doc, if I can pass a little along let me know.

My summer vacation ends in a week. Next summer, after 40 years, it'll be the endless summer:) So fuckin' cool.

17. @5dw i ordered my led yesterday and i'm can hardly wait..redid my budget and i can even buy bud this mo..seeing what you and undo have done with your led rigs definitely influenced me to try led again..the capper was the discount code that dropped the price dwn to $374 shipped..at the same time my food stamps got increased from $11 to $106 with $145 of immediate retro..a massasive infusion into my budget i will not see again until harvest so i'm going for it..endless summer?i guess you're a teacher..a friend of mine retired last yr as a teacher..went a couple mos. early cause he was burned out..his wife is a teaching chef..i'm trying to get him into growing but he'd rather paint and write songs( ascap member..roll eyes) today i'm playing with soil..gonna mix up some super soil to be ready in sept after cooking for extra if needed for the next outdr wave..tomorrow it's fresh soup for both cabs after 3 day flush..i luv having the time to garden..it's very soothing and fullfilling

18. Thank you... :)  Lord know's I've been trying... lol  

Yeah got me some bud yesterday... had too.. for the girls own safety lol .. :p  Of course my experience in getting bud pales in comparison to yours.. lol  

Now their safe at least till next weekend...  Should be cutting time then!  Seems like the months have flown by...  I'm already hyped about the second grow... so many things learned this time around..  

19. UNDO-

since you are harvesting next weekend (we will all be celebrating for you!) you should be ready to do the big bleach cleaning and have seeds or clones about a month in ready to move into veg in the main grow area you just harvested and cleaned. I start sprouting week 6... then it is ready to move on harvest day.  That is my perpetual gardening... in my locker.

Yep... Celebration time..  \\0/  :)

I have 2 clones ready to go..  Sitting in rockwool with roots hanging down in the res..   Kept the 2 best pheno types out of the 4 plants.  I think I'll have a delay though, debating setting up a second grow area(small box for mothers).. So I can have different types to clone off of.  Plus I have to dry this first time.. in my grow cab.  I also have some more modification I thinking of doing to the cab.  That I can't do while the girls in there... lol  They had flakes of metal all over them when I cut that hole on the top of the cab.. lol  Had to vacuum them off... lol  They've done good considering all the crazy things I done to them... with newb mistakes... :p

Hopefully by the 3rd grow.. I'll have it perpetual like you and Dr.   :smoke: