Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Kush? Haze? Indica? Sativa? Head high? Body high?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by rob11, Jul 12, 2011.

1. I know its a noob question Anyway the only weed I get from my dealer is the kind which gives you a full body high making it harder to move and gives you a heavy feeling. Think this is called a body high?
    A friend gave me some weed that gave me a distinctively different high - what I think is a body high
    I wana get some more of this head high weed but I dunk what it is? I always get mixed up with Indica/sativas and what they do and which is which - hazes or kush I think one is Indica dominant and the other is saliva dominant not sure which or even if I'm right haha
    Sooo can you enlighten me on this?
    Cheers:smoke:

2. Indica-Body highs due to more CBD and CBN heavy strains like Kush's

Sativa-Energetic trippy head high due to more THC. Hazes are typically Sativa dominant

All strains have a little bit of both in them :smoke:

3. You would probably enjoy a good hybrid as well. :bongin:

If it's a head high it's definitely a Sativa, which I find is harder to find than Indica. Purple Kush might as well be as common as peanut butter here now.

4. yeah most strains a hybrid, a little bit of indica and a bit of sativa.

just enjoy it man, unless you need a disease-specific strain :smoke:

5. Haze is a sativa.
    Kush is an indica.

I prefer sativas or indicas for their taste, functional high, and sweet smell.

Sativas are harder to come by on the streets because they tend to be low yielders and tall-growers. Sativa plants also produce less per cola than indicas. Their buds also tend to be not as big and less dense than indicas.q Not ideal for indoor conditions in which many growers tend to cultivate their plants. Indicas grow short, stocky, and typically produce more and larger buds per cola than sativas do. This makes it a viable street weed.

You're more likely to run into a indica on the street. When you do run into a sativa, the price will usually be inflated.

6. Not necessarily.

7. Can you give me an example of where Kush is not an indica?

I'm not talking about crosses here.

8. #8 aes-one, Aug 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2011
    kush genetics originate from the hindu kush mountains and are indica dominant. but this doesnt mean that a strain labeled 'kush' today cannot be a sativa. for one thing, most of these strains are crosses with multiple strains which may be sativas, thus creating a hybrid with some kush genetics. the many different cuts of og kush for example are a very popular hybrid kush but it has very little afghan kush genetics in it lineage and is actually usually very much a sativa dominant hybrid. but ur right a PURE kush by definition should be indica.

another thing to consider are the phenotypes of the plant. you can have 5 seeds of some indica hybrid, but depending on the stability of the genetics, this doesn't mean all 5 of the plants are going to show the same exact phenotypes consistently. there is always a chance a seed that typically yields an indica phenotype may produce a plant that carries a more sativa like phenotype and physical characteristics instead. this however will not effect 100% pure genetics tho...this only occurs in hybrids.

9. Saliva dominant is what happens when someone can't roll. :cool:

10. Only Sativa Kush I've had is Lemon Kush.