Its_420's 2011 indoor soil tent grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by its_420, Jul 12, 2011.

1. So its been a while since my last grow, which we all know turned out horrible. Ive learned a few lessons and also a few techniques since then and I thought I would record them forever on the internet for everyone to see. So without much adieu, here we go!@:hello::hello::hello::hello: :eek:(click on pics to enlarge):eek:
    I started off with a clone , bought from the local medical dispensary (yes Im finally legal), of Pre '98 bubba kush (Dr.Feelgoods so Im told). This is the bud they have on the 55 an 8th shelf. They have g13 on the 25 an 8th shelf so its apparently the BEEZ-NEEZ. IMAG0879.jpg :DThis is the first day of the new little girl in her new room.

The system I am using is all soil, 5 gal buckets, 400w metal halide for veg and a 3x3 grow tent (bought for 20 bucks and a budweiser mirror I had (worth around 80 bucks) I have a carbon scrubber, 6in inline fan and an aircooled hood.
    Here she is a few days later.:D She looks happy!
    I gave her 7ml of grow nutes the first'ish week I had her.(may 24 7ml of grow added) IMAG0916.jpg

So I decided at this point I would make her the mother (since shes the only one I had) Here she is after the first cuttings were taken (5 clones taken may 27). IMAG0925.jpg Shes looking a little thin now but its okay!
    (I used "green light rooting hormone" that I got from the local nursery)

I added 15 ml (3 tsp) to 1 gallon of water and gave to the new mother may 31.

I added another 15 ml of nutes on june 6th.

June 10 I put the new mother in (what i think is) a 15 gal pot. IMAG0942.jpg She really seems to like it!!! After about 3 days she started taking off!

June 12 I put 2 clones in soil.(also started to LST her same day) IMAG0962.jpg

June 13 put 1 more clone in soil IMAG0972.jpg

June 14 put 2 more in soil (one had to wait by the cfl's for two days untill it could get water from its tiny roots) IMAG0983.jpg

This is when I had all 5 in the pot IMAG0988.jpg

June 24 took 9 clones from mother plant. (all of which died, dont have pics but had a kind of gooey brown "fungus/mold" or something. I think from the heat and no air circulatioin except a few times a day opening the top)

June 27 put the 5 clones in to 5 gal pots. IMAG1016.jpg
    and a few days later IMAG1020.jpg

July 1 added 4 tsp to gallon of water and gave to mother.

2. Continuing on with the pics-
    Just a few more shots of the progression.

IMAG1022.jpg

IMAG1023.jpg

IMAG1038.jpg

IMAG1045.jpg

IMAG1046.jpg

IMAG1052.jpg

IMAG1053.jpg

IMAG1054.jpg

IMAG1056.jpg

IMAG1058.jpg

3. Some more update pics. Taken today.
    The plants are looking good. I just need to make another spot for the mother so I can flip these girls over to 12/12. I might actually start topping them before I flip them.
    I added some ducting from the tent to the sliding glass door because it was just venting straight in to my room before. My room is a lot cooler now :hello:
    IMAG1067.jpg

IMAG1068.jpg

IMAG1070.jpg

IMAG1047.jpg

IMAG1048.jpg

4. Hey, i remember you from years back :wave: the grow looks good man. :)

5. Thanks for stopping in to say hi :wave:
    There will be updates soon!

6. Looking good

7. Your doing fucking awsome man... i fucking love that poster man... <3 fear & loathing hope you get some stinky buds!

8. Thanks man. I will try to make your hopes in to reality ! Also, that poster was the last one old tower records ( wow store ) I begged the manager to take it out of the plastic show room floor thing . Got it for 10 bucks . Best 10 I ever spent !
    Thanks for the nice words !

9. July 18.
    Added 8 tsp nutes to two gallons water for mother plant.
    Added 1 tsp nutes to 1 gallon water for clones. Took about 3 gallons for all.

Pruned some yellowish leaves and took some fan leaves off mother so light would penetrate below.
    Clones had some leaves with maybe burn spots . I removed them.

It has been since july 1 since I added water. The leaves were a bit droopy and the clone pots had soil receding from the outside edge. The soil was very dry but I let the water soak from the bottom and it drew up in to the pot.
    Looking good.
    I have noticed the bottom branches are really stretching on the clones.

IMAG1076.jpg

IMAG1078.jpg

IMAG1087.jpg

IMAG1088.jpg

IMAG1089.jpg

10. July 21 bartered out all 5 clones. Will be starting more soon.

11. Looking good man. Are you going to LST the clones soon?

12. Nah man, I just sold the clones I had. Its my girlfriends bday on tues so I wanted to get a bit of cash. Got 200 bucks for the 5 clones, super nintendo, regular xbox and a fuji vaporizer. gotta love craigslist.
    Planning on starting some more clones either tonight or tomorrow.

13. July 22 -
    Went and bought a prop tray from the hydro store today. $7 bucks for the top and $2 for the tray , I also got another bottom tray and a tray with holes to put inside the bottom one for drainage and watering etc. Also got some grodan starter cubes. spent like 15 bucks and got some samples of clone-x and 3 bottles of foliar spray.:hello:

Took 13 cuttings from mother and put them in the starter cubes. I added some before and after pics of the mom. Its really crazy how fast she pops out the new shoots. IMAG1151.jpg
    When I clone the mom I am in the habit of taking a cutting so that below where i cut there is 2 mini shoots starting. I should have 26 heads in like 2 weeks, maybe sooner. + the little ones shooting up already and the ones I didnt cut.

I have the clones in the dome inside my tent with the 400w mh on them. I think I should just use some floro lights but I dont have any atm. Maybe if I get that mesh stuff that you put over your outdoor garden for shade? I think it will be around the same price as if i get a floro tube.

Im planning on flipping these clones after 1-1.5 weeks of veg. Last time they got pretty big in about 3 weeks. IMAG1152.jpg

Attached Files:

14. some shots of the clones I took from the mother last night.
    IMAG1156.jpg

Attached Files:

15. july 26 - gave 5tsp/gal water/nutes to mother.

Have been taking the top off the clones every day for about 10 mins and giving them a little mist. no roots showing yet.

16. july 30 - Saw my first root last night on one of the clones. Still just taking the top off every day for 10 mins or so and misting the tops of the plants and the inside of the top to the tray.

17. #17 its_420, Aug 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2011
    aug 2 - gave 5 tsp/gal to mother.

aug 4-
    update on clones - 11 out of 13 have roots. Im expecting the last two will pop any day.

I took 20 more cuttings from the mother today. Should have some decent ones to pick from.

heres some pics.
    IMAG1194.jpg

IMAG1196.jpg

18. aug 7-
    So today I traded some clones for a new sunblaze t5 floro light. Its pretty sweet.
    IMAG1215.jpg

I also put 5 clones in my tent with the mom to veg for a week maybe two.
    IMAG1213.jpg

Attached Files:

19. aug 6 - forgot to post that I paper toweled some " very berry " seeds. They popped today sometime (aug 8). I put them in the grodan cubes and in the humidity dome.

20. Aug 11 - Gave 3 gallons of water to mother plant. No nutes. Tried to leech out some of the old nutes as I think I gave her too much too frequently. I was watering with nutes every water. Although I didn't see any negative effects (other than about 5 leaves with some crisping on the outside).
    She has been growing pretty slow since I took 20 clones off her. Maybe too much? Hopefully with this watering she will start shooting up again.

Here's some pics.
    Not sure why no one is commenting or if its even getting seen (I never see it under "new posts", ) but any comments are appreciated. Thanks for stopping in.

IMAG1226.jpg

IMAG1225.jpg