Its_420's 2011 indoor soil tent grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by its_420, Jul 12, 2011.

1. I'd like my own post if I could.

2. So the bud in the jars has been curing for about 5 days now and there is no "dank" smell to it... any ideas why? I mean when I trimmed it stunk up the whole house. I let is slow dry in a tupperware container on strings. I cut 2 6 inch holes in the sides so it could have air flow and put boxes over the holes so it wasnt getting direct air.
    It deff smells like bud but its not sticky or stinky.... any help appreciated.

3. I get the same thing going on with mine when I harvest and cure. I thought that it had something to do with the strain I have. I dont know what its called since I grow from bagseed. I dry in a box that I made with the ends cut out for air flow. Everyone who samples the goods tells me that the stuff really good though.

4. By the way bro, when you gettin the next crop up? I wanna see the process again!

5. Its already in the works man. I have it in my sig under perpetual grow. I might scrap the perpetual though and veg out some more like I did last time. I messed up on my cycles and haven't continued adding more....

6. Everything I've read about this suggests that it may have been dried too much or too fast. I basically put my nugs in jars when the outside was barely dry and they were still pretty wet. I was a little worried about mold but I stayed on top of burping my jars and taking the nugs out and inspecting them and making sure they weren't stuck together. The smell wasn't very strong but after a few weeks in jars the smell is incredible and so is the taste.

7. So at what point do you put your nuggs into jars? I learned from watching the Jorge Cervantes vids and he was saying to wait until the stems snap and not bend then cure them...do you remove yours before that point? I also notice that once my buds are cured for about a week or so, the smell comes back pretty good and the buds get spongy again...but that dank smell never comes back fully.

8. My stems were really pliable, they bent without snapping. Jorge is a genius but I'm a believer of using what works, theres too much conflicting information on the Internet these days. I'm sure it works for him and others but I'm too scared to let them dry that much and smell like hay like I have heard happening from others. My bud is currently mold free and smells just like the stuff I get from Cali. I think the trick is to to stay on top of the burping and making sure they don't get smashed together.

Hey 420, any updates in doing a sog/perpetual?

9. Yea I let my stuff hang for about 5 days then I put them in brown paper bags for about 2 days. It was still pretty moist with bendable , not snapping, stems when I put them in jars. Im hoping the smell comes back but if it doesnt its fine. The smoke is really nice and the high makes my head feel like my hair is floating off my head. It deff does not smell like hay or anything like that. Just not super dank. Hopefully it will come back in a few more days of curing.
    I take the tops off every day for about 15 mins and let it breath. They look to be completely dry now and the stems in the middle of the nugs snap so I can probably stop burping them.
    No real news on my new grow. I think Im going to veg some out for a while until about 2-3 ft and then flower the shit out of them. I will let them go longer this time or until I see the trichs ambering up on me. I might have harvested too early , another reason it might not smell.
    Currently I have a kauai kemo, very berry and headband in the flower room but they were all from clone size so they wont yield much and they are in small pots. I want big dense bushes with fat nugs this time. Its fun to have a good grow under my belt but I want them huge this time! I have the vertical space that Im not utilizing.

Thanks for the comments and everything guys! I really love this site!