Maui Wowi seeds in Michigan outdoor grow. ADVICE??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by StoneyStu19, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Greetings fellow stoners! This is my first post here and I plan on adding more pictures and updatres as the season progresses.

This is my first outdoor grow in northern Michigan and it's going great so far! I started with seeds that I brought back from Hawaii. I lived in Maui for 6 months last year and my buddy there who grows outdoors there gave me some seeds as a going away present. I started 6 plants inside at the beginning of May and moved them outside at the beginning of June, im now down to three plants but thankfully the weather has been great up here (mid 70s to mid 90s) with a good amount of rain. This is what they look like about 2 months into the grow!

I'm not sure if they are indica or sativa, but the Hawaiian strains I was smoking there tended to lean towards the sativa side. Anyways I would love any and all feedback or advice for this outdoor grow and I will try to update as much as I can! happy blazin :smoke:

Attached Files:

2. looks like an indica to me

3. Unless you brought natural soil from maui with you to michigan, you aren't growing maui wowie. I'm sure there is a strain out there called "maui wowie", but the term maui wowie refers to cannabis grown in the nutrient-rich soils of maui.

edit: looks sativa dominant, indica dominant tends to have thinner leaves

4. ok. first of all, they are sativa dominate because of the thin leaves they have. Indica dominate plants have fat wide bladed leaves. trust me. i am growing skunk x haze and it is about 75% sativa and they have thin bladed leaves. and they look nice:)

5. #5 StoneyStu19, Jul 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    As I said, I also think they are sativa dominant. I somewhat agree about the soil but they are still seeds I got in Maui from my friend who's family has been growing local strains there for years. I agree that it won't technically be "Maui Waui" because it is growing in Michigan. However the genetics are still the same as the bud grown in Maui so I can appreciate it for that at least.

Now if you have any useful advice that will aid in my grow I'm all ears 

6. water plants. keep bugs off them. possibly transplant into bigger pots. use some nutes if you want. dont over do them or over water. let grow, chop them down when they are finished. dry. cure. smoke. eat some food.

7. you are growing one strain and because of this you are an expert on marijuana growing?
    sativa typically has broader, slightly shorter leaves.
    indica typically has thinner, longer leaves

8. #8 StoneyStu19, Jul 12, 2011
    Thanks for clearing that up bro and thanks! I'd love to see some pictures of yours as well

9. Great lookin' plants ya got there bro, they might not be fully mature at harvest though because (from the looks of it) they're sativa dominant.

10. This is not true at all. Sativas are typically taller, and have long narrow leaves. Indicas are short, bushy, and have short fat leaves. You got it backwards bro.

11. well, you just let them go longer. there is nothing saying you have to harvest them at a certain date. unless your weather turns to shit. get a microscope and watch the trich's to see when you need to harvest.

12. Hmm, maybe i do have it backwards. :eek:

13. #13 StoneyStu19, Jul 12, 2011
    Why would that affect the harvest time?

14. He said he lives in northern michigan, most sativas wont be fully mature before it gets too cold.

15. Sativas have a longer flowering time.

16. on second though. i am sorry. that was uncalled for. my bad bro. im just not in a great mood right now. but i stand by part of what i say. indica is short and fat, and sativa are long and thin. like the plants in general.

17. someone needs to take a chill pill.
    I admitted that i had it backwards, fuck off

18. #18 StoneyStu19, Jul 12, 2011
    You want to harvest when the trichs are amber right?

19. #19 StoneyStu19, Jul 12, 2011
    Real talk

20. and i realized i was wrong to start talking shit. i am sorry about that. it was uncalled for.