Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to win your parents over (If your not allowed to smoke)

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by TrendSetta, Jul 11, 2011.

1. #1 TrendSetta, Jul 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2011
    Introduction:

Now first of all, this is a little disclaimer, if you, after this thread is finished choose to tell your parent/guardian about your smoking hobby and it all goes tits up it's not my fault, you tell your parents at your own risk but not being allowed to smoke myself I thought I’d share a little something which even if only helps one person it's a success.

Ps: This WILL require hard work and effort, (depends how serious you are about winning them over) it's not an add water and stir thing.

Info: Hi I’m Tim, i am currently living with my mother, i help out at a local shop for some money on the weekends to pay for things. I currently pay for my moped insurance, and my gym membership out of the money i urn, i don't get a lot. I am fairly laid back (lazy at times) which gets on my mums nerves but hey we can all be a little lazy at times. I passed my GCSE's i got 11 passed and they stressed i needed 5 passed to get into further education. I currently don't have a 'proper' job due to the extremely difficult economy we are living in. My mum has always been a great mum; single mum gone through so much to help me who i respect with the bottom of my heart it's unreal. She said that she'd kick me out, go to the cops and never speak to me again if she found out i was doing 'Drugs' ( she’s that person, never done them as a teenager and i know she's telling the truth because of her strict upbringing. She has always been a very lenient mother, at 15/16 i could pretty much stay out till what time i wanted, and i could drink whenever i wanted, go to parties and that trust was great because i never abused it i got good grades and enjoyed myself, my friends aren't any anti-social law breaking people we're just good friends who like to drink and smoke weed. In fact in our group of friends the only person who has ever had a run in with drugs is my friend who got put on a 2 year reprimand for possession of about .5/.7 grams worth of cannabis which could jeopardise his future if he gets caught with it again.

Okay, that was a little about me, don't worry if you don't want to read it but i thought it would be essential to write that as people who really are interested might be able to relate in somewhat to my life and help them decide whether this is the correct advice for them or not.

Now, this is the bit that got tricky, I credit myself with a good strong vocabulary and i like to pronounce words properly and use 'big' words when explaining things to portray my intellect so people tend to take me more seriously, unfortunately with all due respect my mother suffers from dyslexia which will complicate things on the language front, never the less my mother is an extremely talented woman and i have every faith she will comprehend what i am saying to an mature level when listening to my reasoning.

I had wondered the best way to tell my mum and this is the title:

"Convincing mum"

Now this is basically an all-day thing, i suggest taking your mum to the side for a day, get some drinks some food have a nice day in with your mum and then it can all sink in and not be rushed because this will take a while and if you feel like you’re winning your mother round at any time, feel free to take a break and carry on the ensure freshness of the mind which should eventually lead to being open minded. So, back to the title "Convincing mum".

(Marijuana - It's illegal) -This will be a stimulus if you will. - The most of the time parents object to something controversial as this it's because it's outside of their comfort zone, although you could say this is taking away from the whole point I’d disagree and say now they can relate, feel comfortable and may be more open minded to it, because if you try and shy away from the fact that it IS ILLEGAL then it could back and seriously bite you in the arse, so just address this matter briefly like i know but "insert reasons why that doesn't matter such as you’ve never been caught before, you will pay for fines, you let me drink, you drink and drive, or don’t wear a seat belt, you know stuff like that".

Facts (You WILL need facts about this, it's no good saying " Err yee mum weeds good n that cus it's liek the shit" and when she says, okay why is it? prove it, and you can't you're royally fucked and she probably will lose interest. So this is what i will include.

Video (The time consuming bit): The union - MUST SEE, can't just watch this because then you're lazy, by all means put the video on but prove to your mum YOU can show her proof too.

In pot we trust: I'd suggest showing your mum this one first if you plan to watch the two as it shows more of the medical benefits but also highlights what the government deem it as and doesn't always fight the argument whereas The Union does.
    (In theory these should definitely help with scientific proof that MaryJ has extreme benefits and it should be legalized/ accepted)

Also watch Rick Simpson Run from the cure it's by far the most powerful video about curing cancers and Pot's use on a personal level which your mum can relate to.

Now i am aware this is getting long but if you're really serious about this then you will take the time to read it, I’m not bothered if nobody reads it as such i just want to put it out there and hopefully someday it might get stickied to help as much people as i can which is the ultimate gain for me no popularity vote seeking here.

As mentioned above this is getting long so i will briefly jot down the other areas to cover, sum them up and will be more than happy to answer any questions or go into further detail about any relevant subject/topic area i haven't mentioned or explained well.

The proof from YOU (could be most important):

• What I think about my mother (Always good to compliment).

What I think about myself (A personal understanding of you is good to show that MaryJ doesn't affect the ability to still be YOU).

What you think about your family (Show some respect and that Mary J helps you realize how lucky you are).

What you want to achieve (Show your mum that you still have ambitions and dreams and MaryJ is just an element that you will carry along your journey to get there which will in no way conflict in any aspiring dreams).

(Buy some MaryJ, small bag) - Let your mum see it, smell it, touch it and appreciate the versatile plant in its up most glory, be prepared for your mum to confiscate it if things aren't going well or she still doesn't agree yet.

Show your mum different ways to smoke (Prove that they are healthier options too).

Tell your mum your future plans in the grand aspect (Always good to show your mum you have a future and want to aim high!).

Why you smoke weed? (Tell her what YOU get out of this).

What your objective is for the day (Tell her why you called this day meeting on your smoking MaryJ, tell her she deserved to know, brownie points for showing respect!).

Last but NOT least show her the dangers of all the other drugs and alcohol and tobacco and show her the deaths linked with MaryJ and if she says you never know there might be a death just back it up with surely the media would be all over it and if they hid the body that's not weed that's somebody that's smoking weed committed a murder.

There you have it, produce a booklet, laminate the pages, get 3 copies of the DVD, sit down, watch them, have a chat with your mother and try to explain everything you need too, and I’m sure that it'll work out best of you tell them now and I honestly think this guide will help, but also remember that YOU CAN CONVINCE ANYONE, NOT JUST YOUR MOTHER

You can just adapt the guide for anyone in your family or who is looking after you, all the best and good luck! :smoke:

2. Yea, same.

3. You have negative respect so i assume that is a troll...

4. Marijuana is illegal. If you are living with ANYONE who is against the recreational/medical use of it, it is only right that you respect their rules. If you can't wait untill you can live on your own (which, by the way, is generally proof of financial/behavioral maturity and stability), then you're obviously not "old enough" to smoke.

Just my two cents though.

5. No, but i am trying to target the reason why it's not accepted, if after that they dont want to know that's fair enough.

6. Best advice I can give is honesty. Only reason I can roll and doob in front of my mom... even share it with her if she wants, is because I've always been honest with her.

My relationship with my parents is better because of it. Hope this helps.:smoke:

7. I just typed up a big 15 page article on Marijuana, what it is, why it's illegal, why I use it, about me and my choice about using the herb instead of alcohol...

I still have yet to show my folks.

8. Okay, this is whats up. My parents are happily living together. I have been caught with marijuana before. My mom seems to be much more open minded about the matter than my father. My father is, well, an asshole. However, he can be very loving when we go on fishing trips, to the pool, or just spending some father-son time. My dad is completely appalled by the fact that I have smoked marijuana before. He told me if he ever caught me with marijuana again, he would send me to military school. However, military school is not an option for my family on account of financial issues. His threat is useless, basically. I feel that I am growing apart from my father because of marijuana and I just want to get along with him, and smoke. Don't tell me to stop smoking. Just how can I bring the issue up to them as maturely as possible? I want them to see me as an adult who can make decisions, such as smoking weed. I think I need to start with sitting them down together, after a nice day at the beach or something. Does anyone have any advice?

9. Why is it so important to make your parents pro weed? Are they not allowed to have their own opinions?

10. I don't mean pro weed im saying acceptance of weed, theres a difference between mediated bias ignorant conception of weed and theres an opinion based on facts...

11. Your spelling is terrible for someone who likes to show everyone how smart they are.

12. My spelling is terrible? lol no it isn't.. go take your negativity somewhere else you dickhead

13. Get your Mum to talk him round, show him that your mum isn't bothered, i think the first route is her, if after completely winning her around he still doesn't want to know then just respect his decision and only smoke on your own or not around your dad... good luck! :smoke:

14. #14 Rastafari, Jul 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2011
    Thanks for the advice OP, I appreciate it, but trust me, I have done all that and MORE... with failed result. :(
    Showed her The Union; her closed-mind ass fell asleep :(
    Showed her a pinch of some snowy Sativa; snatched it from me, flushed it down the toilet :(

I am 18 years old and she kicked me out of the house cause i came home with red eyes, cool, no problem.
    so i went to stay at my cousins house, where i was waken up by 2 military soldiers in my face screamin "GET UP; YOUR GOING TO INTERVENTION!"
    where they sent me to boot camp for 3 days doing physical torture, where they held me down, physically against my own WILL, and shaved off my dreadlocks and my beard (which i CLEARLY expressed was part of my religion [b/s, i have no religion]).... and im 18, HOW THE FUCK IS THIS LEGAL?!?!? and tons of other shit i know that no one cares to hear... /rant

whatever, point blank OP, is some parents are just stuck in their tunnel vision :(

thanks for the effort though. :smoke:

15. Well im sorry they didn't work, maybe get a job and then try again, in this case persistence maybe the key?

16. Man! They shaved off your dreads? That's worse than... shit, that's worse than anything! I'm 16, smoke tons of weed, and really need a job. If my mom (well, my dad), kicks me out with no job, I'm not letting anyone near my hair! :smoking: Good luck in this crazy, stoner hating world!

17. My parents were against it but i just kept smoking keeping it to myself until i was 18 they still hated it and i didnt flaunt it but now i just talk about it like its just another thing its pretty awesome going from one extreme to another

18. [​IMG]

19. My parents havn't understood/accepted in 4 years....and they aint goin ever going to.