Brand spankin new. Help me grow :)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by revolt13, Jul 9, 2011.

1. Hey everyone i'm completely knew to this but i've read through quite a few grow journals and i wanna start a small stealthy grow with just a plant or two. I'd like to keep the budget low and simple and just kinda get into this hobby. Anybody have any advice? I'm gonna build my own box.. thanks!

2. Not quite the welcome i was looking for! :/ I'm hoping to use a box about 18x36x36 to grow in. Maybe buy my seeds from nirvana and as far as lamps most likely gonna use chf. I also want to do lst for this first grow because of the small space. Questions i have -

1. For two or three plants what is gonna be the best way to use this space?

2. Exactly what bulbs and how many do i need?

3. What are the lighting schedules for each stage and how long does each stage last?

4. How often should you really water? Is there a set amount?

I have more questions but would love to have these answered first. The soon i get replies the sooner i can start documenting everything. Thanks!

3. Thank you spacekadet! I'm going to use budzillas guide
    :) any advice on what seeds to use for shorter fuller plants? Thanks again.

4. indica plants are known to be short and stocky

sativa plants are long and lean.

Go for an indica strain or a 80%-20% indica hybrid

5. #6 revolt13, Jul 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2011
    Allright. Thanks again. I'm thinking of buying about 5 seeds to start. Thinking about 5 short rider seeds. They any good? :)

Doing two at a time. Buying feminized seeds. My grow box is going to be about 18 x 36 x 24 wlh. I'm starting to sketch up how its gonna look with everything. How many fans should i need for a box that size? Best soil to start out with and should i just go ahead and purchase foxfarms nutes? THANKS!

Really wondering if i should buy the nutes.. I can buy them today. And for soil Fox Farm Ocean Forest?

Help please??

6. Where should i order my seeds! Please anyone?

7. For your first grow I would suggest a bagseed, you dont want to buy expensive seeds and get a low yield, start small and learn as you go, once you have some experience then buy seeds IMO, only place I've read and looked at website is Attitude....shipped from outside the US

8. Does every little bag of weed have some useable seeds in it? I've never seen any in weed i've smoked?

9. #11 kakalvlvinin, Jul 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    No most weed you get is sinsemilla with no seeds, only if a plant hermies or the grower keeps a male do you get seeds in the bud

10. Buds that come from despensaries are usually 90-95% seed free, from other home growers (or mass producers) 75-80% seed free. Usually about every 3rd or 4th 1/8th you buy, you will get a seed or two. Most people do not notice this anymore for the simple fact that everyone uses a grinder and grinds up the seed. You have to break into the actual bud to find the seed and most people put the whole bud into the grinder. If you use a grinder, it is less likely you will find a seed. If you want to buy the seeds, go ahead, but I dont suggest starting more than one plant at a time, get your feet wet with the first one and when it starts making you proud and confident that you know enough to grow without worry, then plant the other(s) IMO