QP's super critical hps/l.e.d grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by qualitypotlover, Jul 8, 2011.

1. those are 2 himalaya gold clones, they havnt rooted yet in a week they will be ready to be transplanted into there own pots with no worrie of roots tangling :)

2. yeah man theyre big but ill, ive not fed em enough in the last week or two. ive been reading and apparently the more intense the light is the more nutrients the plant can absorb at a faster rate and i think ive been under doing it.its amazing how well ones done to say ive hardly fed em. nutrient def showig but tis too late to worry bout that ive given a good shot of food last night. probably get one more before flush

ill flush about 5 days before harvest, i dont know if youve tried it but ive got this final flush. its a tried ad tested flushing agent but it comes in flavours now. i got a blueberry one,used it on my last run. flushed the plant out really nicely and gives the plant something safe and fruity to sup for the last few days of its life...

3. yer i'd think they will take more feed having a larger root system being in those airpots aswell, i was going to get tht final phase? duno if thts the same thing but i think it was £25 at the time so i didnt bother lool sounds interesting tho where did u get it from?

4. local-ish grow shop, mail order though,wasnt twenty five quid though, more like 12 13 i think. you dont have to use as much water and you can feed right uptil three days before harvest using it apparently although id do 5:D
    im patiently waiting for this next couple of weeks to pass. i was reading the old description of diesel ryder and it says ready in 8-9 weeks so theres a possibility one might be ready in seven days but we'll have to see the trichs and see
    two blue cheeseupdate,are now one blue cheese. one was really drooped and twisted,unsymmetrical weird leaf patterns so i decided to....but the one ive kept is perfect and ive a feeling it might turn out to be a belter.

5. this was quite a while ago but im glad i didnt buy it now for tht price aha! i mite have to look into that blueberry flush, i find it really hard waiting for even an auto to finish but its always worth the extra couple of days init.

im gunna have to get a fem blue cheese one grow as those 2 i had wer bloody maless!! im wondering if i should setup the hps n just veg with that..im thinking as its red spectrum it will stretch quicker and if i start l.s.t now will branch nicely what do you think?

6. #46 naturesforce, Jul 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2011

well this blu cheese has been grown pretty much solely under hps...except the first few days, and its grown really squat n lettuce like. i think its ready for a feed next watering judging by the colour. i dunno if you could even train this now its so squat...but itll stretch when it flowers.........as you can see vegging just under hps isnt the best in the world, its suppose to be m/h but it just about does the job ok i think

Attached Files:

7. Oh, she is looking quite healthy. Big green fan leaves, looking real sexy! Keep us updated

8. i think she would take nicely to a topping just a thought lol looks nice tho what nutrients do u use not sure if iv asked u that before? i mite set hps up give it a boost maybe n see how it goes.

i'v got the auto big bang in soil now should pop soil tomorrow but im not sure what to do with it thers alot of rain forecast for this week so i mite have to put it on the windowsill for a while as that 15 liter air pot is rinsing the space in my tent lol

9. i went ahead and set up the HPS she seems to be loving it! i think i've decided now to l.s.t then when it gets to a certain height top the main stem and the other branches and get alot of colas for the SCROG ;)

few pics

10. pics wudnt work on last post? :S

Attached Files:

11. Thats a pretty kick ass bucket!

12. i wouldnt even know how to top mate. wouldnt dare start chopping shit up!!

my main nutes are crap biobizz grow , bloom, root juice about you???

but ive got some advanced nutrient calmag for flowering that seems to be good
    i dont even keep to feeding schedules really i just play it by ear, i should do though

what water do you use, do you leave tap to sit or??

im gunna be keeping that cheese in a cupboard for now so fingers crossed itll take well to that, no air replenishment etc just a circ fan

13. its pretty simple but effective, bit nerve racking the first time u just chop the top of ur plant off! i usely use plagron terra bloom iv never bothers with veg nutes as i usually do autos, for this grow i'll be using bio bizz bloom for flowering see how the organic shit works :)

i just let tap water sit for 24 hours and dnt PH it havnt had any problems yet.i did a grow start to finish with no air replacment it was pretty wank lol was my first indoor plant aswell tho

14. yeah i know its a bit of a bastard, im not expecting it to thrive while its in there. its just i dont wanna put the tent lights to 12/12 til my diesels are done in 13 days ish, so im gunna flower it int cupboard for a week or 2 then put it in tent i think. the first plants i grew were in there, they were flowering really nicely up unti. they died after seven weeks but i had no idea about how hot i was letting them get,and it took for em in the long run.i didnt even have a thermometer.when i boughtone and testes the kind of heat i'd been letting em sit under at the start of my second grow, i was amazed the little bleeders lasted seven weks!!!!
    but know i know to watch temps, so fingers crossed
    to be honest i regret starting the cheese now. i want my tent for a revised three plant same age same strain autogrow,maybe easy ryder, just cos of how nice diesel ryder is i figure that should be as good hopefully, its not always sold out aswell i think thats cos the take 70-75 days so it puts most auto growers off, but ive got a feeling if you wait that extra week or 2 you'll get the rewards....some pictures of them lookunreal:smoke:

15. it should be ok in ther for just a couple of weeks i would have thought, u could always flower the cheese for a bit then put it outside if u wanted to make room in the tent thats what im going to do with my clones flower them for a bit then put them outside when the time is right :)

some autos that have caught my eye are biodiesel mass,critical mass,pandora,super critical auto,super cali haze and the list goes on but thers some i wanna try at some point maybe after this grow when i get my 250 hps, will be cold weather by then aswell which suits me fine as the temps will be nice in the grow room

16. #56 naturesforce, Jul 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2011

ive always been astonished at how cool it is under my 250w it dont really get hot

so youre taking the 250 plunge now lol. one of the best things ive bought cant believe the difference......heres a jokes comparison for ya
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

the top two pics are 48 days old hps
    the bottom two are 50 days old cfl ,same strain diesel ryder
    the other two i threw in of my singular blue cheese first day of 12/12 today
    unbelievable difference, ive tweeked a lot of things but i dare say light has to have been one of the most important factors.

Attached Files:

17. holy shit! what a difference haha HPS is deff the way forward lol

those diesels are looking sick man, why do u think ones producing more than the other? the the main cola on one of them is literally a baseball bat :D yer im gunna have to get a 250 i think, if i dont get the air cooled version i'll just have to use it in the winter months or just buy a normal 250w then get an air cooled hood when i can afford it later on.

what ones the cheese outa them 2?did u say the other was a connie chung or sumin?

18. thems both the same cheese....no unfortunately it looks like the connie was a dudd seed....such a shame souded great

i think ones just a weeker seed. it was a ot smaller than the others and paler in colour.in fact if id not got it out the box i wouoldnt have believed it was the same strain, i was surprised when it sprouted and grew.

19. im confused i fort u pulld one the cheese's or was tht the connie? it seems like super crital is gunna take long to veg compared to the growth on the autos! although its only 12 days old n its on its fourth set of leaves so its going ok for its age :)

i dont no whats going to happen with the outdoor plant this year the summer hasnt exactly been good so far and we are half way through it!

20. #60 naturesforce, Jul 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2011

the connie isnt sprouting:eek: and i killed this rather ill genetically deficient thing. i just dont think it had what it takes and i dont have room for ill plants:eek:

Attached Files: