QP's super critical hps/l.e.d grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by qualitypotlover, Jul 8, 2011.

1. some retro pop....dont get that round here no more lol.

healthy looking plant, nice......im gunna order green house super bud,it sounds immense and is only 15 quid for 5 seeds!!! plus attitude are giving away a really cool greenhouse seed grinder with every pack of their seeds bought, has to be full packs though not pick and mix, i really like the soud of the strain,yields upto 900gram per metre squared its big bud x skunk1 the same as your critical more or less but without the widow. im a sucker for a good freebie.
    ive got around 19 days til harvest and i need something to replace the harvested plants!!

ive got a connie chung germing, which is supposedly a monster sativa....its solely for the purpose of low stress training....training.no room for it int tent so im going to try and keep it nice and low profiled in my wardrobe under blue cfl then flip to 12/12 red cfl when its vegged enough. at what stage do i start tieing it down etc its a gorgeous sounding sativa its la confidential x g13haze so i really wanna try and do it good cos its mi only seed of this strain(freebie)
    ill throw some pics of my diesels up at some stage if your iterested, a bit rootbound but flowering nicely.

2. any of u guys remember the 6 seedlings i had in an ice cream tub? 5 big bangs and a skunk #1 well here they are now, i took them to a different location a while ago and havnt seen them in a while.

and another pic of the SP the second set of leaves have come along quite a bit since earlier today lol and also a pic of some fit bird

Attached Files:

3. yer i think that super bud looks like a winner i was looking at that myself when i purchased the super critical! attitude love a good deal :D i think im going to grow out all the GH seeds they all look pretty tempting lol

yer man would like to see them pics bet ther looking nice now, i usually start LST 3rd-5th node the earlier the better i think then u really have control of the plants structure and i bet the sativas would make for a killer SCROG ;)

4. some pics as i said....starting to look a bit ill lol ...from rootbound but still flowering ok
    17 days left till chop and i cant wait to get em down and move on to bigger pots.i can tell these girls have struggled in these 6litres:eek: but you live and you learn
    threw one in of the cheeses....the one that got fucked up not only survived but looks better than the other:p

Attached Files:

5. the plant on the left has some big nugs!! what size pots are u using next time? i should be gettins a seed delivery today got auto big bang from green house seeds out of interest see how that goes there suppose to yield big :)

6. #26 naturesforce, Jul 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2011
    i know man the buds are feckin huge on that one thyere like baseball bats or something.i honestly have never personaly seen anything like it in the flesh cant wait to see the hps buds to compare to the last cfl buds!...im gunna grow in nothing but ten litre air pots now .ive worked out i can fit four in.....i really wish i wouldnt have started plants at alternating ages. i really wanna do a 4 plant grow from seed all the same age, of a big yielding strain to make sure im ok for smoke til next harvest. i havnt figured out what im gunna do yet...ive got two cheeses and one doesnt look very well and i dont know why ...leaves curling down at the tip.like reallydown and round. the others nice and short node spacing smaller bush like one.. i dont know if i should flower it if it obviously has problems.

still waiting on the connie chung to sprout!

Attached Files:

7. i deff saw the difference in the HPS buds compared to cfl i think you will be happy with the results, i agree with you on that i hate having diff age'd plants really annoys me lol

those 2 BC i had one was always a bit droopy if the plants could talk we would no what the fuck they wanted haha!! what do you reckon is on them diesels now?i think the left one looks like a 2 ouncer :D

8. Those big bangs look absolutely amazing! Very nice grow!

9. sweet gary!
    wait untill thers some super critical buds it will be even nicer lol u got anything on the grow at the mo?

10. whats peoples opinion on this, i have a 250w red cfl and i lost grip on it a while ago and crackd it into the wall, the other side of the tube has glass missing..so my question is has any1 done this before and continued using it?is it safe? any1 thats done this before please let me no

Attached Files:

11. ohh mate thats a sore one, i honestly dont know if its safe or not.

All i know is that you could replace it for pennys.

12. 40 pounds worth of pennys dont fancy buying a new one really lol it mite be ok mite test it on a random seed see what happens

13. Nah, but I did. Here are some pics. They are back from November 2010, but sadly i had to destroy them because of security issues. My lights were

-(4x) 5400k 14w CFLs
    -(2x) 6400k unknown wattage CFLs
    -(4x) 2700k unknown wattage CFLs

Not bad for the amount of light in my opinion. These were ~2 weeks, and came from bagseed. :) Sorry for the crappy quality, these pictures were taken with my old blackberry 2mp camera XD.

Attached Files:

14. #34 qualitypotlover, Jul 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2011
    to bad you had to abort the grow! i also had to pull a grow once because of security 2 quite big outdoor plants :( but plenty more grows to go ;)

15. I wouldn't use it man, you don't want the possibility of getting mercury all over your shit.. I would count it as a loss and buy a new one to be safe.

16. UPDATE:

Super critical at 11 days looking pretty good for the age i think, nice and compact nodes so far. im unsure what veg time to give her if i go down the SCROG route so anyone with a similar setup as me with SCROG feel free to put ur opinions in :)

i have an automatic big bang from green house in water atm going into soil today and the clones have another week to complete rooting.

Attached Files:

17. Looking real nice man. Can't wait to see these all grown up!

18. Hey man, just trying to help, but if I am not mistaken, there are 2 plants in the last picture. This will cause strangulation of the plants. Once roots get long enough, they will end up chocking each other out, which means no good. Hope you find a way to separate them soon, not sure how long those are through.

Just trying to help. ;)

19. hey qpl , nice looking so far love the led vegging!

can ya tell me abit more about the big buddha automatik as in height with out traininng approx. is it a broad brancher width ways, and most importantly how log does it take to finish....whats the taste high etc:) trying to decide what to start once the diesels are chopped, what yield would you reckon from three of em.........also i was considerig easy rider cos i kida like the doctors strains, so vigourous they gro faster than any other plants ive see anyway but it takes 70-75 days, which is a bit long for an auto,may as well do a photoperiod in that time......basically i want quality, good high, taste , big yield, quick turnaround, hmm not asking much am i

20. i love the l.e.d for veg, wish it wasnt so noisy tho that with the extractor running aswell is gay but its worth it lol i have the council coming round at any given time to insulate my loft which has kinda worried me but yer lol

well mine wer grown in 11 litre pots and without training id say they would have been about 20 inches or so but if ur using air pots and u got that 250 hps i dont see why they wont get just as big as those diesels, they branch very nicely aswell, taste is sweet n sticky best yielding auto iv done so far.

i'd stick to the newer autos they are alot more potent than the original autos not sure about the easy rider tho it seems alot of people like them.