Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking before a doctors appointment

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by CheetoBlazer, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Is it bad to smoke before going to the doctor, I just took 5 hits out my friend's new bong and I have to leave for a doctors appointment in 30 minutes.

2. The only thing that might happen is that blow thingy where the measure lung capacity or something but your prob gonna fail it anyway so:smoke:. Your doctor might be a little offended but who they gonna tell. Your good and by the looks of this post paranoid......nother couple hits should fix that

3. Good luck. Have some fun.

4. Hahaha, 'nother couple hits should fix that XD, But yea man its pretty much just intimidating lol. doctors are so damn... serious! haha just dont laugh at em and ull be finee.

5. just dont submit any urine/blood tests....

6. Is it just a physical, TC?

7. It may make ur Blood pressure a bit elevated, but you can chalk that up to "white coat syndrome) in the future don't toke before a DR appt, you want them to get an accurate reading on your health while u are not stoned. Blood tests are for cholestoral/diabetes/etc. so just give the blood.

8. If absolutely anything say someone gave you a cookie and you didnt realize, now youre trippin hahahah

Seriously though ive been to the doctor baked. Both my family doctor and a random ass one. If they noticed they never said anything.

Anyways why does it matter when we have docter-patient confidentiality on our side?

9. Smoking marijuana increases your heart rate, so when he is measuring that, he'll notice a significant increase in heart rate...tell him you're nervous about the appointment that should solve it. As the others said, do not submit any urine/blood test, unless you're under 18, with your parent/guardian, then you have to submit one. Ahaha good luck

10. #10 Verdurous, Jul 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Weed has brochodilatig effects. He will probably do better. ...actually I think this is something they only usually do if you have asthma or COPD. It's not standard procedure in a check up, at least where I'm from.

It'll be fine. I've gone slightly high to a doc appt and my doc already knows I smoke, so it's no big deal. My heart rates always sky high when I'm at the docs anyway because I'm prone to anxiety and get nervous easily. Weed calms me down, so either way it's prolly about the same actually.