Flushing soil

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Madmoke91, Jul 4, 2011.

1. I want to flush my soil plant I have botanicare clearex and don't know how to use it I don't understand the instructions

2. I would recommend just using water I have 7 females all in 5g buckets flushed each with 10 gallons of water then 1 gallon of ph'd water an all of them loved it they stay perked up for days just be careful if you can read your plants you are fine

3. I think I can make sense of the clearex instructions it says "use 7ml to 15 ml of clearex per gallon of water. Pour 1-2 quarts over plants every 7-21 days " now I know not to flush every 7-21 days only when over fertilizing or transition to 12-12 or 1 week before harvest but it says "for container gardens achieve a minnium of of 80-90% run off well my plant is I'n a 20-30 gallon pot I'm gonna need 100 gallons of water ? WTF

4. 20-30 gallon bucket... Gonna be a big ass little girl

5. Clearex is used when you do not have a full 14 days to flush with plain ph balanced water. It helps to flush quicker. Just ad it to your water per instructions. 90% runoff means that 80-90% of what you put in comes out the bottom. If you are using 30 gal pots you would probably want about 3-5 gallons for each to achieve 80-90% runoff depending on your medium.

6. Yea I just flushed her with 3 gallons of 6.0 ph spring water and 21 ml of clearex

7. OP, there are a thousand variables that affect the final taste of your bud, and I think people put way too much into pre-harvest flushing. I'm not saying it doesn't affect taste, I'm saying that it's overrated.

Nitrogen is nitrogen, whether it's absorbed by the roots through the xylem or transported from the fanleaves through the phloem. Depriving your plants of nutrients at a critical time in it's life isn't always a good idea. Advanced growers like to tweak absolutely everything, and are adept at growing perfect mj. Noobs stress their plants at every turn, and pre-harvest flushing is one additional stress that can be avoided without sacrificing anything.

I've done both, and after growing for 18 months I choose to go easy on the nutes towards harvest time (more of a cost saving measure) instead of investing much of anything into "flushing" them. Maybe after several years of doing the same thing over and over I'll go that route, but until then it just isn't worth the time and effort for me. I love the taste of my homegrown no matter what I do to it :)

Just my 2 cents, it's really more of a preference than a necessity.

8. Not Sure is completely wrong. Do not listen to what this person is telling you about flushing. Proper flushing is one of the most important things you need to do to get smoke that burns clean with a nice white ash and does not pop and crackle like unflushed herb will do. When you smoke herb that leaves a black hard ash you are smoking unflushed herb.

9. #29 Thicken Dense, Jul 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2011

Prove it.

(scientific data, not some dude in a video saying it)

10. Yea if u don't flush it will be harsh taste like chemicals and it won't burn right u have to flush unless u don't want to tase ur weed

11. LOL, must be that potassium cations taste better when they come from fanleaves instead of roots.

Maybe Oilman can answer, exactly what is the difference between mineral ions taken from fanleaves and those absorbed by the roots? Scientific data, please.

12. Growing is very opinion based this guy does his this way an then there's this girl who does her shit this way there's no right or wrong way if you want to flush your soil flush it your bud will be better if you don't want to flush enjoy your harsh smoke but still that's fine do what y'all do however y'all do

As for me I'll stick to flushing my soil I want my buds to be tasty as fuck

13. #33 oilman420, Jul 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Prove it to yourself. That is the only way you'll know for sure.

14. #34 oilman420, Jul 27, 2011
    There's the proof I'm looking for. Don't do it if you don't want. Then when your herb burns black ash and cracks and pops when lit you'll know why.

15. Not to mention tastes like shit

16. So, chemistry means nothing? You've found the proof you're looking for in somebody's opinion? I've NEVER smoked pot that crackles and leaves black ash, flushed or not. Stop being a parrot and spreading unfounded myths. Or prove it.

There are many factors that affect the final taste of your bud, I never said that nutes don't do that... what I said is that it's not worth stressing your plants over.

You replied...
    Unflushed herb does not crackle and leave black ash and unless you can prove it, STFU.

17. #37 oilman420, Aug 3, 2011
    Do whatever you want... Dick.

18. When should you flush

19. #39 shawnfierro, Aug 3, 2011
    14 days before harvest.

20. I'm growing gdp so I'm thinking 8 1/2 weeks is that about right