Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

What is "Normal" for a 22 year old to act?

• Please log in to reply

spudman78

spudman78

Sir Stoned alot

• Registered Upgraded
  • 560 posts
So I moved back home for the summer. I usually dont move back between semesters but I wanted some extra cash and decided to give up the apartment for awhile. Life was grand until my parents (My mom specifically) started giving me shit about EVERYTHING. I work, then I usually hang out with a friend afterwards, go to a bar, or chill with my girlfriend. I work till about 11 o clock usually so I don't get back home until about 2:00/3:00 am from doing my nightly activities. Anyway, my mother says she hates my life style, how it isnt Normal for someone my age to be going out every night. Everyone I know goes out, it isnt like im getting shitfaced every night. Anyway, shes at the point now where any exchange of words between us is either a fight, a snide comment, or something negative. Am I in the wrong? Or is my mother just being a pain in the ass?

mrgoodsmoke

mrgoodsmoke

community organizer

• Registered Upgraded
  • 8,425 posts
What's your GPA?

spudman78

spudman78

Sir Stoned alot

• Registered Upgraded
  • 560 posts

What's your GPA?

Currently sitting at a 3.3

Cyph3r

Cyph3r

Weed's Dope.

• Registered Upgraded
  • 449 posts
You couldn't pay me enough to move back home. Same thing happened with my older brother, he came back for a summer and after a week my mom's excitement had worn off and after that it was constant battles. He moved out again like a month or 2 later lol

mrgoodsmoke

mrgoodsmoke

community organizer

• Registered Upgraded
  • 8,425 posts

Currently sitting at a 3.3

Planning on grad school?

spudman78

spudman78

Sir Stoned alot

• Registered Upgraded
  • 560 posts

Planning on grad school?

Ideally i'd like to get a decent job with my 4 year degree and then go back for my masters after im semi settled.

Continuum

Continuum

The Infinitismal

• Registered Upgraded
  • 4,717 posts
What should she rather you be doing?

mrgoodsmoke

mrgoodsmoke

community organizer

• Registered Upgraded
  • 8,425 posts

Ideally i'd like to get a decent job with my 4 year degree and then go back for my masters after im semi settled.

Start going to bed earlier now.

spudman78

spudman78

Sir Stoned alot

• Registered Upgraded
  • 560 posts

What should she rather you be doing?

Cleaning, sitting around the house I guess? Honestly I dont know. She gets pissed when im home because I just chill in my room upstairs, and shes pissed when im out? I dont really get what she actually wants me to do.

HEYURMOMCALLED

HEYURMOMCALLED

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
once you move out..you can't go back it will never be the same. Made that mistake.

Fuck that.

Continuum

Continuum

The Infinitismal

• Registered Upgraded
  • 4,717 posts

Cleaning, sitting around the house I guess? Honestly I dont know. She gets pissed when im home because I just chill in my room upstairs, and shes pissed when im out? I dont really get what she actually wants me to do.

You should ask her. Sounds just like my room-mates mom, she just hates everything he does, no matter what it is. She's insane, nothing he could do about it except get away from her.

janedough

janedough

.-- . . -..

• Gold Member
  • 48,683 posts

notime4schwag

notime4schwag

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,559 posts

Yeah this is exactly how my Mom is. Sucks, she can't ever just be happy.

NoBudy

NoBudy

SayGoodnightToTheBadGuy

• Registered Upgraded
  • 165 posts
yep never move BACK home its fucking awkward, I feel like a bum for no reason all the time

spudman78

spudman78

Sir Stoned alot

• Registered Upgraded
  • 560 posts
I really hate it. My boy just called me and invited me over to smoke some dro/play the new black ops map pack tonight. My mom gave me such shit about going out last night I told him I was just chillin at home tonight. Mommy and Daddy wouldnt let me go out. Wtf has my life come to?

Revrend Toke

Revrend Toke

Stoned Disciple

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,141 posts
Your not in the wrong no doubt, but if you cant convince the mother that is no salvation. Perhaps explain why you deserve your freedom and responsibility while away from school or if that fails living at home will not be good for you.

BCGanja

BCGanja

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 579 posts
Dude, grow some balls.
Go out smoke weed with your friends, who gives a fuck what your mom thinks it's your life!

DirtyPete

DirtyPete

Mudrat Detector

• Bronze Member
  • 13,792 posts

• Heroic Dose likes this

purpleganja420

purpleganja420

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 169 posts
as long as your doing good at school staying out of trouble then your doing what a responsible 22 year old youngster should be doing

JapanLeMans

JapanLeMans

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 927 posts
Get a girlfriend who has her own crib and move in with her.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users