Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

State Reciprocity Agreements (or Where You Can Travel and Medicate Legally)

WildWill

WildWill

Just Wild and Crazy

• Old School
  • 19,955 posts
In an effort to reduce the misinformation that can be passed down unwittingly, I have researched and placed all of the states which have MMJ laws and their status on reciprocity. In other words, these are the states which have MMJ laws and whether or not you can be a visitor in their state and use MMJ Legally. Remember in all cases you must have a MMJ recommendation in your own state.

Currently as of July 1, 2011 there are SIX states which allow reciprocity for legal MMJ patients, each one has separate conditions, so if you are traveling make sure you review the laws for where you are going.

Any further threads on this subject will be either deleted or locked. Any old threads on this subject that are bumped will be either deleted or locked. Should you have any questions on this subject, please feel free to post them here and we'll all do our best to answer with the correct information.

This information was found at: Active State Medical Marijuana Programs - NORML

Arizona: YES -

The act defines a 'visiting qualifying patient' as a person 'who has been diagnosed with a debilitating medical condition by a person who is licensed with authority to prescribe drugs to humans in the state of the person's residence.'

California: None

Colorado: None

Delaware: YES - when the laws go into effect prior to May, 2013

District of Columbia: None

Hawaii: None

Maine: YES -

Authorizes visiting qualifying patient with valid registry identification card (or its equivalent), to engage in conduct authorized for the registered patient (the medical use of marijuana) for 30 days after entering the State, without having to obtain a Maine registry identification card. Visiting qualifying patients are not authorized to obtain in Maine marijuana for medical use. Me. Rev. Stat. Tit. 22, §2423-D (2010).

Michigan: YES -

Authorizes visiting qualifying patient with registry identification card (or its equivalent) from a State that also allows the medical use of marijuana by visiting qualifying patients, to engage in the medical use of marijuana. Also authorizes a person to assist with a visiting qualifying patient’s medical use of marijuana. Mich. Comp. Law § 333.26424(j) (2008).

(other state, district, territory, commonwealth, or insular possession of the U.S. must offer reciprocity to have reciprocity in Michigan)

Montana: YES -

Authorizes qualifying patient with registry identification card (or its equivalent) to engage in the medical use of marijuana. Also authorizes a person to assist with a qualifying patient’s medical use of marijuana. Mont. Code Ann. §50-46-201(8) (2009).

Nevada: None

New Jersey: None

New Mexico: None

Oregon: YES -

The Oregon law does not include a reciprocity provision. However, the Oregon Court of Appeals has ruled (and the Oregon Medical Marijuana Program has confirmed) that patients from out of state are permitted to register with the Oregon Medical Marijuana Program to obtain a registry identification card, the same as an Oregon resident, which will protect them from arrest or prosecution while in Oregon. These out of state patients are required to obtain a recommendation for the medical use of marijuana from an Oregon licensed physician. State v. Berringer, 229 P3d 615 (2010).

Rhode Island: YES -

Authorizes a patient with a debilitating medical condition, with a registry identification card (or its equivalent), to engage in the medical use of marijuana. Also authorizes a person to assist with the medical use of marijuana by a patient with a debilitating medical condition. R.I. Gen. Laws § 21-28.6-4(k) (2006).

Vermont: None

Washington: None
  • Storm Crow, MajorStoner, FoX_ and 8 others like this

The216

The216

taylor gang or toke shwag

• Registered Upgraded
  • 149 posts
very nice, +rep

Russy

Russy

Dr. Green Thumb

• Registered Upgraded
  • 10,183 posts
Washington had that in the latest legislation , and it got vetoed...:rolleyes:

Thanks for the list Will !

:wave:

blaaam

blaaam

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
For MI, where did the last phrase come from??

(other state, district, territory, commonwealth, or insular possession of the U.S. must offer reciprocity to have reciprocity in Michigan)

I don't see that in the law anywhere...

Thanks in advance,
~blaaam~

WildWill

WildWill

Just Wild and Crazy

• Old School
  • 19,955 posts
Everything is quoted verbatim from NORML

cball

cball

I divide by zero...

• Gold Member
  • 11,130 posts

Edited by cball, 09 July 2011 - 01:45 AM.
clicked wrong button...and now lysdexic fingers again...damned fingers

cball

cball

I divide by zero...

• Gold Member
  • 11,130 posts

ChronicClif

ChronicClif

Kyser Soze

• Registered Upgraded
  • 287 posts
Good thread man, I never knew any of this

tharedhead

tharedhead

Southern Gothic

• Bronze Member
  • 8,881 posts

devilmafia

devilmafia

• Registered Upgraded
  • 431 posts
what does it mean?

confusey

confusey

WuTangCorp

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Fuck Jersey, making me all upset and shit >:(

side11

side11

Wounded Warrior

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Everybody forgets about us in Alaska! I don't blame you all, I'd forget about Alaska too because of Sarah Palin. Seriously, I am a medical marijuana patient in Alaska. The only difference is that we don't have dispensaries, instead you have to grow your own medicine. I can carry no more that an oz. on me and I can’t use in public view. I’m allowed to have six plants at a time. The medical criteria is pretty difficult, I mean you can’t go to a doctor and tell him/her you have a headache and expect to get signed off on a marijuana registry form. The medical conditions are pretty serious to get a medical marijuana registry certificate.
  • Rootsgal and maxinout13 like this

northnick

northnick

og of being north

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Everybody forgets about us in Alaska! I don't blame you all, I'd forget about Alaska too because of Sarah Palin. Seriously, I am a medical marijuana patient in Alaska. The only difference is that we don't have dispensaries, instead you have to grow your own medicine. I can carry no more that an oz. on me and I can’t use in public view. I’m allowed to have six plants at a time. The medical criteria is pretty difficult, I mean you can’t go to a doctor and tell him/her you have a headache and expect to get signed off on a marijuana registry form. The medical conditions are pretty serious to get a medical marijuana registry certificate.

No, because you guys are all russian and not americans (not srs). People shouldn't abuse the program with bs exuses. The things they come up with that helps them with their problems is beyond me. I have only seen healthy hippie patients at my dispensaries. I was limping walking through the door while hearing a girl outside saying her friend is re upping. that kinda shit will fuck us over. its abuse in every sense. i remember one girl kept answering her drug deal calls and was astonoshied the guy didnt care. i never went there again and am more than happy to say which one it was.
  • Rootsgal likes this

side11

side11

Wounded Warrior

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

No, because you guys are all russian and not americans (not srs). People shouldn't abuse the program with bs exuses. The things they come up with that helps them with their problems is beyond me. I have only seen healthy hippie patients at my dispensaries. I was limping walking through the door while hearing a girl outside saying her friend is re upping. that kinda shit will fuck us over. its abuse in every sense. i remember one girl kept answering her drug deal calls and was astonoshied the guy didnt care. i never went there again and am more than happy to say which one it was.

I've been shot, stabbed and blown up! After 20 plus years in the Army, I've had a couple of bad days here and there during my time. The wounds heal (sometimes), but the pain never goes away. I can use marijuana for PTSD, pain, nausea and tremors and treat it with only a bowl or two. My doctors wil give me a different pill for each condition. Go figure! Finally, I ran into to a pain doc who feels whatever works for the patient is best.:wave:

Storm Crow

Storm Crow

Very Old School Stoner

• Old School
  • 11,607 posts
Side11, could you share my List with you new pain doc? If you email me (see my sig for the addy), I'll send you an even larger copy of my List.

From what you implied, you've gone through a series of "bone-headed" pain docs- all ready to cut you off of your other meds for using cannabis! :(

How about a little "revenge" on the idiots! :devious: You got stamps? Start sending them abstracts from my List! Educate them!

Might help the next fellow they see!

And thank you for your service, sir!

Granny :wave:

Edited by Storm Crow, 16 August 2011 - 04:56 PM.

Buzzedupsnowman

Buzzedupsnowman

• Registered Upgraded
  • 227 posts
Haven't Montana's regulations on this changed?

420 Medical

420 Medical

stayin high on trees

• Banned by Moderators
  • 460 posts
It doesn't matter if you're visiting a state that passed MMJ laws, you still can't get on a plane with bud, and can't cross state lines with medication...
  • Rootsgal likes this

WildWill

WildWill

Just Wild and Crazy

• Old School
  • 19,955 posts
That's not entirely true there...there ARE airports in California that do not persecute for carrying MMJ onto a plane - Oakland and LAX for example - if you are travelling within CA.
  • Rootsgal and maxinout13 like this

WildWill

WildWill

Just Wild and Crazy

• Old School
  • 19,955 posts
Bump, because I guess peeps don't see this

the.tokrrr

the.tokrrr

Nothin but Sunshine

• Bronze Member
  • 427 posts

Edited by the.tokrrr, 21 November 2011 - 10:21 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users