Spiritual Growth

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by TesseLated, Jun 30, 2011.

1. It's what does it the best for me i'd say^^

Was reading some of Law of One material a while ago and this struck me as beautiful...as many of the things imparted have about the moment/love/and being-ness. It is prompting me to think on these matters a great deal. I am enjoying it.

This is why we iterate quite often, when asked for specific information,that it pales to insignificance, just as the grass withers and dies while thelove and the light of the One Infinite Creator redounds to the very infiniterealms of creation forever and ever, creating and creating itself in perpetuity.

Why thenbe concerned with the grass that blooms, withers and dies in its season only togrow once again due to the infinite love and light of the One Creator? This isthe message we bring. Each entity is only superficially that which blooms anddies. In the deeper sense there is no end to beingness.

Also, I could have really used that sexual info (about the energies) when I was 18....-_- better late than never.....lul

2. Since I have the summer off I have had more time to devote to meditating regularly. One result of working with the reader (Jess) has been to further motivate me in that direction....as well as getting trained in how to properly do some things...like clearing and closing the chakras.

If anyone has read this for some amount of time, you will know that I have huge sleep problems.....and these sleep issues have led me into spiritual territory by means of some kind of huge spiritual influx.....now I have learned to manage this when it happens by means of closing the chakras.

Long story short, I have been off bi-polar meds for quite some time. I have still had to take sleep meds though until recently. Since I do not have a schedule to keep, I figured that this would be the best time to manage getting off them. This has been working....with some effort.

The other night I was awake and thought that instead of intentionally trying to go back to sleep I would re-purpose what I was doing and just do the count meditation. After a few cycles of doing this, I began to see a bright purple light rotating in my vision.

I was surprised, but was definitely intrigued and kept counting. As the light rotated, it occasionally would go to a pinprick of white light...still I kept counting...wondering where this was going. Eventually I drifted off to sleep, but had an incredible dream where I experienced a blissful feeling and my 'body' was lowered down beside my bed....although I knew my physical body was actually in the bed.

So this led me to believe that what the light had to do with was me going into the astral, but I mailed Jess about it and she said it was the third eye opening beginning. [​IMG] I thought it would take much longer than this.

Did this again last night at 3 am...awake again -_-........and it briefly literally opened up-like a blind raising- into a sunset picture....just a moment. I was pleasantly surprised, and eventually feel asleep.

Perhaps the whole time I've been waking up, I should have been gearing my mind in this way.....vs. letting my mind go into monkey mode or fighting against it. Live and learn, right?............just sometimes it takes so damn long to learn.

3. #803 willywagpole, Jul 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
    Thank you for sharing!

Its Amazing how the ones that come to these realizations or spiritual awakenings all have similar life/situation stories to share or similar paths if you will :)

It must really be something amazing if were all re-connecting this way, I Only see Light from here on.

Peace & Gratitude

4. I'm just damn glad it's happening...haha

Life is amazing...it becomes more so everyday.
    A lifetime of self-discovery when you wake up to it....There is freedom in that. [​IMG]

5. #805 TesseLated, Jul 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2015
    Haven't been on the computer much lately.....and I have to say...I have liked it. Just enjoying my summer while it lasts...Have to go back to teaching kidlets in about 2 weeks...

Ran into something yesterday that I liked....I don't completely agree about some things he said, but I think most of it was directed toward organized religion, etc...in which case Im completely with him on that side of it...

Anyway....In Life there's 'Being' and 'Doing'.....that pretty much all life is about, imo. Trouble is....integrating the meditative state of being into the doing. That's the point I'm at now. ...carryover. It takes bringing it into awareness again and again.....but I saw this and it helps for some reason...haha

[​IMG]

*Also works with the thought that video games are a waste of time...........I say NOT.

6. [​IMG]I made this what do you think?

7. Love this thank you

8. so many career students so to speak that don't know how to break through to mastery... this video takes a different approach...

The Path of Mastery - Matt Kahn - he has a lot more videos on youtube some pretty far out but i enjoy them.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w37Qa5I_7dA

9. #809 svedka, Nov 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2015
    Too Good To Be True

the 'Truth' will keep us stuck and defensive... it is obvious and explained clearly in this video.

This one sets the course of the "new paradigm" in spiritual growth... highly recommended... and no, i am not affiliated with Matt Kahn or his org... i have never attended one of his lectures or retreats, only by way of Youtube... if you can't get it from the videos then move on..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjwTW-sjIto

10. #810 svedka, Nov 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2015
    This video "A way out of pain" is another winner in my book. Enjoy the holiday!!! //static.grscty.com//public/style_emoticons/default/luxhello.gif//static.grscty.com//public/style_emoticons/default/yay.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3zKwZqfWrY

11. #811 svedka, Jul 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
    if you can listen, consider and have awareness clear enough to understand what he says in this video then regardless of his choice of dress and physical appearance your molecular structure and consciousness will be changed (in an expansive way) imo.

The crux of it is that we were apparently born into a collective field of consciousness that is far from awake and therefore bot into the "concepts" and habits of those here decades and centuries before... we try or tried to match these lower vibrations rather than remain as the SOULS we are created as Light and HIGH frequency BEINGS... it just doesn't work if our SOUL remains in touch with the Essence and IT's TRUE nature... Matt teaches simple ways of making any seemingly unpleasant 'person' 'ego' be seen as merely being a forgetful soul, a grounded soul, spacey soul, or tortured soul... the ones who cause harm (ISIS comes to mind) are fearful (of change) threatened (of what's different) and tortured (by their own concepts, thoughts, judgements, fear thoughts)... It's not about us but they are fighting a war within themselves... how appropriate they blow their own terrestrial vehicles up in hope of freeing themselves from their self imagined misery...

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ive been reading Aldous Huxley's the perennial philosophy and it has really tied together a lot of thoughts ive had about religion throughout my life. Does anyone have an suggestions of similar books?

13. #813 TesseLated, Sep 25, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
    LOVE it-Hope you don't mind if I saved it :biggrin:

Hey svedka-Thanks for all your posts-I will definitely give him a listen. I haven't seen all these posts before. Haven't been around here for awhile.

I agree, this is basically a 'consensus reality', and we are shaped by that from birth...We are taught the little 'I', and it rules completely until we can un-learn it through realization...I now realize I have been having experiences of it, but have not been able to stay 'there' or achieve a permanent state of attainment because I keep getting thrown into the hospital before I can work it out ..lol. They completely misunderstand what I'm going through every time. Fucking ironic, huh?

[​IMG]

So yeah, it happened to me again way back in March. I ran out of my sleep meds and two days later, BANG! The light was on..heh.

Since I have become very cognizant of when it happens over the past 20 years, I can now manage to function quite well amidst what new info I am learning and still carry on teaching and all that goes along with it. Trouble (not so troubling, but amazing) is, it gets very hard to concentrate when I am that blissed out....or however one may characterize that state of Being. Several things happened that past time which had me going 'whoa, whoa, WHOAA' too fast, too fast, etc. I have had no one but myself to try to get through the process, with one exception.

An example of this past time was when I was in the classroom, the kids came in, and sat down with their hands crossed, and just kind of twinkled at me...'Teach us now, Ms. J'....They knew something was different. I could see them knowing. Later, I walked in the room and a kid looked up and said 'She HEARD me!' and they all looked at me with big eyes.Some serious psychic goings on happen when this happens, and I think that is what is hardest to manage.

There were many other things that happened like that though that wigged me out enough to say...'OK, this is happening again, but the kids aren't here for that. They are here to learn academics, and I am here to teach them that, but in my current state, it is all too much for me to be here'.

My Headmaster and Lower School coordinator were fully aware of what I was going through and offered nothing but support...

A pretty funny story though from that is: I was telling them how it felt to be going through this again, and he asked me what I had been thinking about. What had been particularly on my mind this time around was thinking of aspects of the 5th dimension and the fact that this was the spiritual realm, with us in the 3rd dimension and time being the 4th, etc..I had not been doing any reading on this subject btw. It's just what came through at the time...

But how do you even begin to explain the opening/ in-flow of energies of Super-Consciousness? I began by explaining the Consciousness was non-local and related the above information that I had been thinking about..after talking a bit more he said, 'Yeah, I do a celestial meditation and it can get pretty heavy...You do what you need to do to get centered' or some such thing, and then he (Headmaster) whizzed off to do something else.

So long story short, they knew perfectly well I wasn't nuts, but was having something real and meaningful happen in my life. I have worked with these people for years and years, and they know what happens by now.

More about that later, but this is something I'm going to read soon. I'll post some quotes from it later. On the right track......;)

[​IMG]

14. Interesting thing happened a couple days ago- I have made a resolution to practice sitting when I first wake up...just starting at 10 min-heh-I figure I'll stay with it like that, then maybe build up.

So I spent probably 9 minutes getting my mind to settle, and as soon as it did...a little while went by, and BAM....all of a sudden a thought in all caps was there, "NOW, DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS?" This was not a thought of mine...It wasn't in my 'inner voice', like when you know you're just thinking to yourself...it was from somewhere else. *Oh yeah, and as soon as it happened the timer went off.

My guide? Higher Self? Not sure yet. So, can't wait to get that book above I posted....It's about self-inquiry/analysis...maybe that's where all this is going.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Thanks for posting that years ago...this made me smile...reading it again. Tried to update some of those links at the beginning where I was posting the music...but it won't let me. It feels so GOOD to be that wide open Awake.

Deserves a re-post

16. Going back through some of this shit I posted...so glad I created this thread.

17. Haha nice...I'm also in the midst of growing my intuition. I'm taking a course for it actually, in it are two key components, listening and discerning. In my life, all too often I've listened and listened, and never took action...never took the time to figure it out lol

It sounds like you're a lot like me, I'll get excited about certain concepts/theories/affirmations that really hit at the time and I'll tell others and they'll be like "well that sounds great for you, I'm just gunna go along like I always do and not take my subconscious into consideration" lol

And binary stars got some good stuff lol checkout gang starr - the whole moment of truth album is good, or hard to earn...good tracks include - form of intellect, check the technique, royalty, Robin hood theory, etc.

:)

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. It's weird-I always 'Listen' at work-teaching kids...I don't question that at all, but haven't accessed/connected that part much for my personal life for whatever reason..now I'm just making the effort to apply it to I guess what I would think of it as the inner self...idk...however you'd think about that. Possibly it has been that now I'm just ready for it.

With people though, as far as sharing that, you can only 'point'.

Thanks for the music notable-I'll check em out.

Played this on the way home-such a beautiful day and this hits it

:smoking:

19. I have been reading a good essay in the book 'Spiritual Emergency' (as in emergence...a play on words). It is called 'Promises and Pitfalls on the Spiritual Path'. He describes what he went through and all the places where you can get 'stuck'...such as being attached to the experiences you are having and 'Enlightenment' itself. Here he is describing the point at which things are becoming meaningless...

You see the fact that your spiritual journey is an entirely different ball game than the path you thought you were on. It is very difficult to make that transition. Many do not want to. They want to take the power from their own spiritual work and make their life nice. That is wonderful and I honor it, but that is not freedom and not what the spiritual path offers. It offers freedom, but that requires complete surrender. Surrender-of who you think you are, and what you think you're doing-into what is. It is mind boggling to think that spirituality is dying into yourself. But there is a death in it and people grieve. There is a grief that occurs when who you thought you were starts to disappear.

Kalu Rinpoche said, "We live in illusion, the appearance of things. But there is a reality, and we are that reality. When you understand this, you see that you are nothing, and being nothing, you are everything." When you give up your specialness, you are part of all things. You are in harmony, in the Tao, in the way of things.

20. I was training to be a Zen Buddhist monk for years and so this comes from a combination of personal experience and studying teachings from different backgrounds, not discriminating against them whether it came from Buddhist, Ayurvedic, Western or philosophical lines of thought.

"Words to the Wise: A Practical Guide to the Esoteric Sciences" by Manly P. Hall is a great resource similar to the book you mentioned, along with his other works.

Stay on the Path no matter what, even when it is exceedingly difficult. Very enticing temptations may come up, or your meditation practice suffers and brings no feeling, when other people or society is pressuring you to conform or live a life closer to their own choosing.

People may try to shame you for seeking enlightenment instead of $$ but "one cannot serve two masters" and there is no higher calling. "The most noble employment of the human mind is to study the works of the Creator." If more humans did this, they would not feel the need to fill the emptiness inside with addictions, vices, selfishness, etc. It's priceless and not worth trading away for worldly pleasures, possessions, fame or fortune, which are temporary things that we do not take us when we depart from this world.

Be very careful what you put into your body, as the Ayurvedic teachings tell us we should eat according to what we aspire to do (example: the warrior class would drink alcohol, smoke tobacco, etc. while it was not allowed for the priests or yogis). For spiritually minded folk, they recommend a diet of nourishing, clean healthy food like oatmeal, rice, beans, herbal teas etc. Everything we eat has a tremendous impact on our mind, emotions, total well being and energy levels.

There is no one 'right' way or one shoe fits all sort of thinking- we are all unique beings and what works for one may not worth for another. Some say "one must be vegetarian," or vegan or to follow a Path that they prescribe to, but don't let them sway your intuition.

Find out what works for you and do not feel guilty for eating meat for example, or occasionally having a dessert. Many of the wisest monks I met and worked with were exceedingly human, enjoying life completely, while the ones with the huge egos abstained, proudly trying to show you or prove to you (or themselves) how 'spiritually superior' they were. Anything can be used to boost the ego, including spirituality so do not think oneself is better than others for walking the Path.

my blog's below, message me if you want to talk more. Peace be with You
    www.philoso-free.com/blog

:

• Like Like x 2