Spiritual Growth

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by TesseLated, Jun 30, 2011.

1. As the saying goes.."There are two sides to every coin"...Its possible that you are seeing the essence only of reality....opposing forces of dark and light...

Just try to relax into it and see what is meant to be 'seen' when that kind of shit happens...It will help you, as you said, on your path to understanding.
    Consciousness/God/It....will show you when you are ready to see.

My problem is that It seems to show me wayyyyy too much at one time....Thats why I escalate my mood until Im manic sometimes. Its like It turns on the lights and thumps me on the head...wake up!...and dont go back to sleep!...lol...figuratively speaking of course.

2. Actually at the time I felt like half was "darkness/satan/negative" and the other was a "light/godlike/positive". It's stupid to try and explain it but your understanding helps me understand my own understanding. If that makes sense.

The last bold is distinctly true. It's like getting little pieces of the puzzle, each piece needing the understanding of the one before it before understanding it in itself.

One love :D:smoke:

3. #43 TesseLated, Jul 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2011
    I'm glad you can see it in those terms.....

Keeping an open mind toward the strange shit that happens in your life.....is at the VERY least.....more interesting than only viewing it as what Science can show us.....at this juncture anyway. You might be surprised at the peace that comes over you when you just learn to accept...and llive the best life you can everyday.

Feed that positive Energy in your life, and feel It feed you...to me thats what it all boils down to....The moment is all we really ever have...so make them count.

~Stay Lifted~ :D

lol...my favorite skit ever

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WB2fod-VhM[/ame]

Good interview of Chappelle..Pt 1

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mu_a69i1G0[/ame]

4. Since this thread is about spiritual growth, something very important on that road needs to be considered....self-actualization.

Self-actualization is a process that we all move through to attain our potential. If you've taken Psych 101...or even in high school, you are familiar with this...

It can be useful to imagine where you are in this if you want to work on 'the self' so that you have real goals of personal development

Modified Hierarchy of Needs
    1990's adapted hierarchy of needs including transcendence needs

1. Biological and Physiological needs - air, food, drink, shelter, warmth, sex, sleep, etc.
    2. Safety needs - protection from elements, security, order, law, limits, stability, etc.
    3. Belongingness and Love needs - work group, family, affection, relationships, etc.
    4. Esteem needs - self-esteem, achievement, mastery, independence, status, dominance, prestige, managerial responsibility, etc.
    5. Cognitive needs - knowledge, meaning, etc.
    6. Aesthetic needs - appreciation and search for beauty, balance, form, etc.
    7. Self-Actualization needs - realising personal potential, self-fulfillment, seeking personal growth and peak experiences.
    8. Transcendence needs - helping others to achieve self actualization.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maslow's Self-Actualizing characteristics

• keen sense of reality - aware of real situations - objective judgement, rather than subjective
    • see problems in terms of challenges and situations requiring solutions, rather than see problems as personal complaints or excuses
    • need for privacy and comfortable being alone
    • reliant on own experiences and judgement - independent - not reliant on culture and environment to form opinions and views
    • not susceptible to social pressures - non-conformist
    • democratic, fair and non-discriminating - embracing and enjoying all cultures, races and individual styles
    • socially compassionate - possessing humanity
    • accepting others as they are and not trying to change people
    • comfortable with oneself - despite any unconventional tendencies
    • a few close intimate friends rather than many surface relationships
    • sense of humour directed at oneself or the human condition, rather than at the expense of others
    • spontaneous and natural - true to oneself, rather than being how others want
    • excited and interested in everything, even ordinary things
    • creative, inventive and original
    • seek peak experiences that leave a lasting impression
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Taken from:Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs

Pictures showing the levels found here^^^It has evolved since Maslow put the 5 stages into the pyramid form.

TLDR: Where are you on this continuum....perhaps you may analyze this information and it would be helpful in guiding your personal path

5. #46 TesseLated, Jul 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2011
    For the wake.....maybe even a bake :smoke:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NowP2vD6HGc[/ame]

6. post more of those trippy rap shit jawns

7. ^^lawlz...I gravitate towards trippy.....I found a strange pill that looks like a pressy in one of my baskets....I really want to take it...lol...Im afraid it just gonns be a fuckin advil..but wouldnt that be great if it WAS said product...looks like the ones I did last yr...lol...but I dont know why it'd be in a basket of gels and lotions...Im gonna have to see....

Smoka a bowl before you watch this vid...It'll kinda freak you out but in a funny good way...FLUFFY

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBhDaVg1E6Y]‪I-Monster - Daydream in Blue (High Quality)‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

LUPE...ya know what Im talkin 'bout..for the rap shit.lol

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gl83mI69nX4[/ame]

8. So you have reached your goal? What exactly was/is your goal?

9. One of my favorite artists.....Posting dedicated to Dirty Six....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-l3_gwIOTGI]‪Beck - Loser (Live 2003)‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

10. To answer your question, yes, I do want to grow spiritually.

The problem is this roadblock lodged somewhere in my psyche. I could, and want to, spend my life overcoming my negative side and growing spiritually and spreading as much love and happiness in the world as I can.

But what scares/depresses me is that for every "10 pounds" of light and love, there is 10 pounds of darkness and hatred as the Universe maintains a constant state of equilibrium.

Scary shit to think that everything I do in life will one day be destroyed in one manner or another:(

11. OfGrandeur.com

12. #53 TesseLated, Jul 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2011

Well, there is a point in the road where you can make your own potholes....There is a belief that 'Evil is impotent'...meaning that it can only be as powerful as you let it be in your life....likened to 'not feeding the Troll'..lol

Love is a powerful thing....and it works in much the same way as evil does, imo. Feed it everyday...give it away....and in your relationships in life it will come back to you.

Its freeing....to know that's what Source Consciousness (what I call It) wants ....to experience that THROUGH us...that Energy is powerful...Its whats makes the world turn......what makes Everything, everyday. Don't dwell on what you can't change....only what you can.

And shit yeah, there's problems in the world...every fucking where...Its up to us to make them better by the above explanation.

No dogmatic views are needed to achieve and live in understanding...

That is the peace I was talking about...Lay Low...It is not complicated, but it must be, in a way, PROVEN through your own personal experience to know that it works. That doesnt mean I dont have problems..shit yes...who doesnt.

I have achieved my personal goal, yes...the important part was realization. Now all I do is operate within that mindset. Give. Love. Do. Be. Thats is all.

What else can you do that is more valuable? Nothing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*On a different note....I just watched True Blood's latest episode....holy shit....I got some kind of adrenaline rush at the end...lol...ERIC....:D Now Inception is on...Life IS good.

13. Its the whole yin and yang thing. The amount of good will always equal the amount of bad many say. It is a depressing and demoralizing thought.

I guess the point is that we can decide which side of the coin we want to participate in and to what level. That is my current theory.

And which side of the coin do we want the planet to be on. Still I often ponder the possibility of having no impact in the grand scheme of things but that is hard to understand; a really deep comment and I'm not sure if I'm properly explaining it.

Still if its about being then why not be on the positive side of things. All you need is love sums it up nicely for me. There is really no other point to life than love so at a point you just have to accept the evil.

After all without evil there could be no good. Without hate there could be no love. Without death there could be no life:smoke:

14. #55 TesseLated, Jul 26, 2011
  15. #56 TesseLated, Jul 26, 2011

You should read 'The Giver' by Lois Lowery.....It may go far to help your understanding. In attainment of perfection, you give up control and really living life.....which is not perfection at all..is it?

Remember not to over-analyze things you cannot change. Bring your energy to the people in your life...job...school..whatever you do...The way will be opened...because thats how It works.

Accepting the 'evil'....I am guessing you mean the atrocities of Man that are carried out daily. You cant save the world....no one can...but you can make your part of the world better. Thats all One can expect or require. ;)

*The Giver is about your last statement up there^^

16. Ok...I guess I have to write about this to get it off my mind....the concept of 'Time'...or more like the PERCEPTION of Time.....

Ever noticed when youre on LSD or the like...Time is not important..or there is no 'room'
    for that when you are figuratively zooming in your mind?

Several weeks ago I had an episode of what some people already know I deal with...which is going into a manic state of mind. Whats strange about it though is that each time it happens, I dont do many of the things that characterize a 'manic' state. For example, I dont go out and blow all my money....I dont engage in self-destructive behaviors...etc...

What I have tended to center on is thinking....racing thoughts...then I can't STOP thinking....and this leads to what I believe is a heightened state of Awareness. I begin speaking in metaphors after a couple days....and then all concept of Time is gone...completely...Its like feeling and knowing you are eternal. I tried to explain some of it on here when I was going through it,...each time it happens I am showed more that builds on the last time I was in that state of Being.

In my life it has happened 5 times. It usually lasts several weeks...but this last time I got it down to a week.

I am writing about it now because maybe somebody knows wtf is REALLY going on. If not, oh well...its good to write about anyway. I'll never have time to write a book about what Ive been through with this, so maybe this is the next best thing.

One person in particular has been quite judgemental about it on here...saying that all my communication and ideas are worth nothing because I have this condition...lol

However, I know that dealing with this has showed me how extraordinary the mind actually is....and that thoughts are Energy that we dont fully undertand how to use and access yet.

This past time, I started actually writing in code at one point....it was my own 'code of realization'...It would be a good movie along the lines of Inception.. I thought last night.

Someone learns through technology how to synthesize thoughts into actual realization through altering perception pathways...thereby making their own reality....as if it were a holographic dimension that could be run....like on Star Trek...BUT they write it for the entire world to experience...but people (here is the conflict) dont want that to happen....so the movie would be about stopping it....

Haha...now THAT scenario is fucked up... Maybe that is where virtual reality type shit is going to lead...Ok, I realize I didnt finish my thoughts on Time....but whatever...I'll come back to it.

And no, unfortunately I am not high right now...nor experiencing a manic state..lol.

17. Apocalyptic Resolution of Mass Consciousness

"We are struck in a meme trance and we are about to be shocked out of our primitive consciousness. The apocalypse is the termination of our violent history because it is the beginning of our self awareness of our creative power. The time limit depends on how fast we grasp our dire situation. In the end, myth will be transcended because mass consciousness will evolve upwards."

Read more: Apocalyptic Resolution of Mass Consciousness

Yes....! A great read...its long, but worth it...About how our collective consciousness is creating reality

*Thanks to dirtydingusus for the website on Transcendent Experience...

Energy=MassConsciousness-Time...lol..not sure how 'squared' would figure in...unless it would imply a NEW 4D reality...

18. :eek: good stuff...not what you'd think from the title..still chill though :smoke:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PutRSuMQYJc]‪Buddha chillout lounge - free and beautiful‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

19. #60 TesseLated, Jul 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2014
    Although this thread is named "Spiritual Growth", I find music is the best conduit for growth that any of us can experience. Thats why there are many posted in here. Its called growth for a reason....Its a process that never ends and music creates deep understanding on a level we all share.

http://youtu.be/RTxOYLs2g0A