Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

can i leave my plants out in the rain

• Please log in to reply

msad420

msad420

• Registered Upgraded
  • 850 posts
ok so it is supposed to rain tonight from 2 am -10am and each hour its supposed to get less than 1 mm .. temps will be about 20degrees celcius... and the sun will comeout at about 11

my plants are all at diffrent stages

3 weeks old

1 week 2 days

and 5 days

can i leave them all outside in the rain tonight? :confused::confused:

a54

a54

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Ofc as long as the rain isnt incredibly strong or long.. If youre worried bring em in :D

MasterOG

MasterOG

It's a wrap!

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,158 posts
I would put them under some shade if you watered em recently, the 5 day old i would put under shade no matter what since its still young

msad420

msad420

• Registered Upgraded
  • 850 posts
ya the smallest seedings are in shade and in a homeade little greenhouse... the other 2 plants the 3 week old and the 1 week and abot 2 days are outside it rained a little bit but barly any at about 6 and its about 1030 here now...

when you talked about not for a long time is 9 hours of less than 1 mm for each hour alot?

i dont really see a reason to put seedlings in the shade though just less growth... even though youll probally menion hardning them of they do that themselves.. these seedligs were outside in no humidity dome in the sun for about 10 hours of direct sunlight for 4 days and they are showing very fast growth

Edited by msad420, 28 June 2011 - 02:47 AM.

msad420

msad420

• Registered Upgraded
  • 850 posts
i havent watered the 3 week old for about 5 days now... i have recetly watered all the others but 4 of the plants are completley covered from the rain the other 2 r not so the 2 that arent will get some rain in them not that much though so i think it will be okk the temps will get down to about 65 f outside at night and earlier in the morning starting to warm and eventually getting up to 75 f in the latter day

Edited by msad420, 28 June 2011 - 02:44 AM.

msad420

msad420

• Registered Upgraded
  • 850 posts
well it turned out it barley rained at all.. i transplanted 2 of the seedlings to about 3 gal pots.. the other 2 seedlings are in starter cups.. i guess its an experiment...the 1 week old and a few days is also in its starter container wich is like a 3 gal .... the oldest plant i switched from a 3 gal .. to about a 10-15 gal... will i see lots of fast growth of this big upgrade?

when i transplanted the big plant i took it out put it in the new container... and feed the big plant with 5 ml grow 2.5 ml micro and 2.5 ml bloom..mixed with 3 litres of distilledwater the ppm of that is about 360.. my first feeding was at about145 so is this to buck of ajump of ppm?

i obv didnt use all the feeding water for the big plant around 2 cups i used to feed it

m477

m477

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
I would absolutely leave them out in the rain (it's a plant and plants love rain!).

The only time I would bring them inside is if it was storming with gail force winds or if the temps were near freezing. Otherwise let them enjoy the rain and they will grow stronger having been able to endure the natural climate.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users