Majorbotany's botanical journal

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by majorbotany, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Awesome update man! I am really loving your outdoor garden, Purple maroc looks branchy but stretchy, much like mine. But with those pistils you should not really worry about them, I have had pistils on most of my PM's and my Easy Sativas since they began vegging. A fellow blade on here (wharfat I believe) told me that that is just the way the strain announces that it has reached maturity It should not really flower for another few weeks at least.
    Then again, one of my PM's randomly began flowering 2 weeks ago:confused:
    As for your Fast Nevilles... those sir are some gorgeous plants, you are doing a damn good job with em'! But like you said you will notice that they will have a lot of vertical growth, and not so much horizontal branching. I recommend you try to supercrop one of them into an even bush, but all in all you cant escape it's sativa genetics.
    Things are looking good indoors as well. Keep it up bro!

2. Yeah, I noticed that on the PM as well, I would really like to get in there this week and see if I can't clear out some stuff and get her some more light, I think she'd really benefit from it. Thanks for the heads up on the pistils, I guss PM is ready, but she's gotta wait for the other 3 ;) I'm actually quite curious to see how your Easy Sativa will do, I would consider it for my garden next year if it does well. Hell, if that PM of yours keeps goin' then maybe you will have some mid-season smoke :smoke:
    Yeah, I've topped the absolute shit out of the Fast Neville's. Each one has been topped something like 6 times. and with them being this tall already I'm kinda afraid what they might become :eek: I'll give supercropping one of them a try, and we'll see if that helps. I'm just trying to avoid 8 foot cop attracters :p
    Thanks for the props though brother, glad to have you along for the ride.

Oh and damnit, get your update up so I can see your girls! haha
    Major :smoke:

3. update will be up tonight

4. So I may have spoke a bit too soon on that last post :p BUT, big update...now :D
    Starting off with the ladies outside...
    They all got cleared out a bit to give them a little bit more light, were given a gallon of water, sprayed with the bug repellant and got their Organicare feeding :hello:
    Everyone of them is about 6' and the Grapefruit and 2nd Fast Neville are still fighting the bugs :mad:
    On to the pictures!

Purple Maroc, she's stinkin' up a sweet, sweet storm :D
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

1st Fast Neville's...Still my most pretty bush :D
    [​IMG]

I'm sure its nothing special to anyone with some experience, but the base of these stems just blow me away :eek:

[​IMG]

2nd Fast Neville's, lookin all around really good and tall, except for still fightin' the lil critters
    [​IMG]

Grapefruit, she also look really good, seems to be getting a nice amount of light, but the bugs really seem to loveeee her :mad:
    [​IMG]

Hope you've all enjoyed the show, any and all constructive criticism is appreciated :D
    If you're viewing, I'd love to have you chime in :wave:

• Like Like x 1
  5. And now to update you guys on whats happenin inside...
    We're 47 days in to flower, and they really the trichomes seem to be changing to that milky color quick so hopefully we'll see the amber coming soon :D
    They got a light feeding tonight and seem to be looking pretty good, although I am starting to really drop a lot of yellow leaves, and I thought it was a bit early for that to be happening :confused: any suggestions?

Well here's the pics of the ladies post-watering :hello:
    Room o' Buds?
    [​IMG]

Stretch..
    [​IMG]

Daisy...
    [​IMG]

Trich shot :cool:
    [​IMG]

Again, come one, come all! :D
    I don't bite...:devious: haha

Happy tokin' guys :metal:

6. And my jaw drops.........

There.
    Buds are looking like fuzz balls of frosty sticky dankness.

And those stalks are going to be nuts by the end of the year if they're already bigger than cans.

Enjoying the show my friend.

7. Thanks brotha! :D Glad I could put your jaw to the floor, hopin' the smoke will do the same to me :p
    I sure hope that those stalks get monsterous, its one of my favorite parts of checkin my spot, well till the start flowering that is...:ey:
    Glad to have you around :smoke:

So I'm thinkin about droppin an order in to the Tude or maybe even trying the Single Seed Centre...What do you guys think about the possible order?
    3 Chemdog from GHS
    2 Acapulco Gold from Barney's
    2 Sensi Star from Paradise

Not that I really need any seeds but lately those 3 have all been out of stock a lot and I really wanna be able to get my hands on them while I still can. If you've grown any of them, let me know what you thought! :smoke:
    Happy tokin' guys

8. Well from the looks of things, its gettin' close to cut time for the Aurora.
    I just got done looking at her after my lights came on here on Day 48 and she looks to be a relative 65% milky and about 5-10% or so amber.
    I decided to really take a look at the trich's with my 30x microscope because it seems as though they are really starting to yellow up and drop leaves.
    The girls should need water tomorrow where I'll be doing a nice full flush and then feeding them on straight water for relatively a week or so then on about Wednesday of next week she'll go into darkness for 48 hours.
    So update on the flush tomorrow and hopefully an update on the ladies outside later this week or possibly the weekend.
    Happy Tokin' guys

9. Well if it's cut time for the Aurora that means I gotta pop some beans :p
    Usually I woulda already started my next set, but the room was slightly too full to be going in and out of my Seedling Box. :(
    So, what's your guys' opinion of what I should pop next, I can run 3-4 plants comfortably in my room?
    There are these to choose from...

Sharksbreath - DNA
    Super Skunk - Nirvana
    White Widow - Greenhouse
    Super Lemon Haze - Greenhouse
    Super Sour OG - Emerald Triangle
    Emerald Jack - Emerald Triangle
    Grapefruit Krush - Emerald Triangle

Thanks guys
    Happy Tokin'

10. Definitely the Super Lemon Haze for starters. The Grapefruit Krush no doubt for jammin to tunes. Super skunk is just dank as all hell and the Sharksbreath out of curiousity. I haven't seen any of DNA's gear yet and it would be nice to see how their beans grow. Those are my votes.

And im very surprised that this journal hasn't blown up yet. You've got beautiful ladies to googley eye over and obviously a strong knowledge of cultivation. Regardless i'm enjoying the journal very much man. Look forward to a smoke report on that Aurora.

11. Thanks for the input AllSmile! :D I'm really thinking that I'll go with the Sharksbreath on this run and possibly a Super Skunk in there as well. I really wanna run the SLH but I'm thinking that I might hold off till the skills are a bit more polished with it being such a top shelf strain. :p
    Your vote has been tallied though my friend ;)

I really hope that the journal does get some more input soon, but thanks for those kind words my man :D I'm glad my ladies can keep you entertained though and I have much to learn in this only being my 2nd grow, but I like to imagine I know what I'm doing :cool: haha I'll hopefully have that smoke report up in the next week or so seeing I snipped a small sample to enjoy during the manicuring :hello:
    Take it easy brotha, and thanks for the input

12. Hot Damn, 2nd indoor grow ever? Seriously? Wow you can tell you have a passion for growing my friend, your grow is absolutely stunning. Loving the outdoor trees as well. What a great read so far. Great work on the home made reflector and temp control unit (AC), haha.

I'm shocked you have one green rep. People need to give you props man, your buds are already epic, they're gonna be crazy when they swell. I hope you have some rope around to keep them upright :) Not a bad problem to have.

I'll bit hitting you up with some rep when it lets me for sure. Nice show, thank you very much.

EDIT: I'm going to go share this journal with some old schoolers, they need to drop in here and get a big smile like I've got going right now.

13. Yeah, 2nd grow ever, and 1st ever attempt outdoors. What can I say, I'm a noob :p Thanks though brother, the words really are much appreciated, I have fallen into the growing "addiction" but its not the worst one to have :D and thanks again, I was quite happy with myself for being able to rig that together. :D

I'd love to be teaming with green bars, but just havin you guys say that I'm doing a great job is enough for me in the meantime :) Unfortunately, string hasn't even been able to hold them all that well, but they only have about 2 days before she goes dark for 48 hours. Not that I'm a huge believer in the whole dark period thing, but I've heard that there's a good chance it increases your CBD/CBN percentages, which with this Aurora, I'm lookin for :smoke:

Thanks again Doc, I'd love to have some people in this thread, the companionship is nice, ya know? :p
    Doc, you gotta be one of the nicest guys on GC and the compliments are much appreciated, and so is you spreading the word around. Thanks man :D
    Stay tuned though, outdoor update's gonna be up in just a few mins, and the last indoor update before going dark will be up tonight,
    Stay tokin' guys

14. AAAHHHH...the growing addiction:DI know it well...Well done sir:p

15. Subd for sure :)

16. nice run bro..hell..i got reps ta spare:Dmight suggest suppercroppin' a couple of the lanky outdoor gals next run..i do up ta 2 week flower..lookin' forward ta seein' ya round the boards;)..post updates on my little thread..sig in post..a couple good growers there:wave:..rep slap comin'...keep playin' tall:smoke:

17. Well here we go, yesterday I went out and checked up on my lovely ladies outside seeing we've had an unfortunate dry spell as of late :( but the ladies still looked great! :D
    They all got a gallon and a half of water, just because its all I could carry with all my other shit haha. They all were introduced to their new best friends as well..a stake to keep them upright! :hello: Only the Purple Maroc has had problems with falling down, but just to be safe, I staked them all and tied them to the stake at various places with none other than a lil hemp twine..gotta keep au natural, ya know? :smoke:
    They also got a nice spray down with my latest tool in fighting the pesky lil critter, Azamax, hopefully this stuff is as awesome as they say :cool:
    On to the pictures!

Ahh I love the scenery of outdoor growing :)
    [​IMG]

Purple Maroc..She wasn't completely fallen over like she had earlier in the season, but she was leanin' pretty hard haha. As you can see, all her leaves are facing horizontal again, but they'll come back around, like they always do with this girl :p She should love her new stake buddy (this was before she got tied to the stake)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1st Neville Haze..this girl..is gonna be a damn leo magnet :( haha she is already 84 inches, she's startin' to make me nervous in a good way though I guess? :p She looks so damn healthy though, strongest stem, best branching, and well, tallest :smoke:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2nd Fast Neville..again, these Fast Neville's are giants outside! She looks all around great, except for a bit of bug damage, hopefully the Azamax will take care of that :hello: Sorry for the shitty lighting, I was trying to escape some of the heat by going later, too bad the lighting didn't cooperate :p
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Grapefruit..This girl is a beauty! I can't wait to see her start flowering, she isn't the tallest or bushiest but she's got such nice uniform growth and branching :D I just wish the bugs didn't like her so damn much! :( She's been progressively fighting them better and better and hopefully she'll win in the end :p Again sorry for shitty light.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for browsing guys, feel free to chime in anytime :)
    Indoor update will be up tonight so stay tuned :D
    Happy Tokin' guys

• Like Like x 1
  18. Thanks Blutis! :D yeahh, the bug has successfully gotten me :p Glad to have you lurkin the journal, a seasoned grower as yourself is always welcome to stick around :wave:

Glad to have you along for the ride brotha! :D

Thanks Deac! :D I always enjoy a good rep slap now and again ;) and one will be right back at ya, not that you need it or anything, but it the thought that counts, right? :p Yeah, I see that supercropping would have been a smart move for me, I thought that topping would be enough, but this was a first run and all I can do is learn from it. Thanks for the advice though, it will be heeded next year :D You'll definitely be seein' me around and I will be hittin' your thread..now!:smoke:

Damn, Doc wasn't lyin when he said he was bringin in the vets! Thanks Doc, you da man :D
    Glad to have all you guys here,
    Happy Growin' and Tokin'

19. It was only a matter of time before this spot started to blow up Major. Girls are stretching out nicely and from the look of things you don't gotta run too far for to haul the water. Keep on keeping on brother!

20. surround yourself with a good core group of like minded growers with skills and work together..that way you also gain the experience from the other grows too..can work together on problems..but be selective;)..anything i can do..drop by the thread..also suggest you try smart pots to right away increse yeilds...:smoke: