F.P.E. Fermented Plant Extracts

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Russy, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Gil is a god... BIM here I come.
    off to steal microbes ^^

2. #42 waktoo, Apr 10, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
    You go, girl! If you really get into these ideas/techniques, I would also suggest reading "Natural Farming" (natural farming philosophy) and "Natural Farming Agricultural Materials" (recipes/technique), by Cho Han-Kyu. Cho was one of Gil's "masters". Much of Gil's technique was learned from Cho, and other notables to remain unnamed. I will have to warn you, however. Master Cho is Korean. While he is a very brilliant fellow, the Korean to English translation is choppy at times and difficult to follow. But if you read things a few times, it's easy enough to figure out.

And don't hesitate to ask questions on Gil's website. They are very willing and eager to help if you need it. Kinda' like here, in GC organics...

3. #46 Anatman, Apr 19, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
    So, when using the process of, "just water" for the FPE, which can keep the compounds whole, would it benefit to use sprouts, which presumably have high concentrations of growth hormones.

4. With respect to Kale sprouts:
    source: http://www.nature.com/articles/hortres20148#ref1

5. thats a very good idea with the srpouts

6. #49 Anatman, Apr 19, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
    When buckwheat sprouts are fermented with lactic acid apparently there's a nice array of lactobacilli, too.

https://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article/bbb/75/9/75_110241/_pdf

7. Just strained an alfalfa sprout fpe Ive had fermenting for 14 days. Put the fpe in a bottle for storage, and the plant matter into a soil bin. Smells like a thousand old gym socks in my grow room. 

• Like Like x 1
  8. Did anybody mention Bryan McGrath from Prokashi? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anU-2rIslrI 

he covers many different aspects of using fermented probiotics w/ plants

• Like Like x 1
  9. Has any one ever used an FPE made from a "noxious weed" to get rid of said "noxious weed"? Just a regular ol' FPE - fill bucket with material, cover with water, soak until it doesn't smell anymore, and apply?          

10. Wouldn't that just fertilize the weeds? I test my fpe undiluted and it doesn't burn anything I've put it on. It just makes stuff grow.

Twas Ever Thus!

11. I heard this at a greenhouse gardening workshop as a way to get rid of morning glory, or "bind weed" as it is commonly referred to around these parts.

I believe the speaker said that she used the FLOWERS to do this. I've contacted the company that put on the workshop to hunt down the person that gave the talk. I've left my contact info with them and am waiting to hear back...

12. My late bloom high beta carotene and potassium foliar fermented fertilizer in the works.  As you can see very much for that beta carotene, lots of colors here I am trying to capture in this fertilizer, really trying to bring out that color in my buds.  Just added local Colorado organic honey and organic agave nectar to ferment and they are looking stupendous.  Going to mix them in separate combinations or mix all of them together just to find that real wow factor.  Should really bring out the color and flavor of my flowers and at 1 tbsp per gallon I have no problem spraying it on my flowers after week 4.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Also, some CalPhos early flower fertilizer.  Not really a fermentation, but a chemical synthesis I suppose.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  14. #57 MrTea, Jul 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2014
    Just finishing up! Gonna dilute this roughly 1 tbsp per gallon for a week 3-6 foliar fertilizer.  Super rich in beta carotene and potassium.  Will really bring out the color, taste, size and smell of the flowers.  Made with raw unrefined Colorado organic honey and blue agave nectar.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  15. This thread has been dormant for quite some time so Ill add a bit to it as I know there are people out there like myself who want to make a complete nutrient line for themselves that can compete with the best such as BioBizz and General Organics ect ect.

I am looking to create my own complete nutrient line from start to scratch which would include a root booster/seedling mix, vegetative mix, flowering mix and bloom enhancer.
    I have been experimenting with great success with the Banana/Papaya/Squash with some small deviations that include extra shredded banana peel ect.
    This mix has worked great as a bloom boosting fertilizer to complement my diy biotabs and has created some great tasting smoke that was nice and dense + looked the part.
    I used BSM as my carb source and a combination of EM and a probiotic casual for my fermenting. I find that bsm is superior to sweet molasses if you are growing in a coco/ewc blend soil as the bsm has a high quantity of magnesium in it.

So now for a vegetative booster mix that I am doing at the moment.
    1 part fresh cannabis leaf from my last grow including the soft stem + 1part mix (70%bsm+30%sweet molasses) no real science here just ran out of bsm. Then I add some em and some lactic culture and fill to the top of a mason jar with a combination of coconut water, bit of aloe juice and a dash of liquid kelp.

In a few weeks this should give me a potent vegetative formula with the correct ratios for growing cannabis as its made from the same stuff : ). Don't throw away your trim!

I am going to see if I can find some ground up hemp seed from a health store and combine that with fresh sprouts of something to make a seedling root booster.

Im thinking that after every grow there is some scrag that is always left over that one could always make hash/bho with but somehow never get around to doing it. Perhaps using these shitty small bottom of the barrel buds in conjunction to the banana/papaya/squash could make a good resin booster/ late stage flowering nutrient or even fermented by itself.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Hold your nose? Lol[/QUOTE]
    Use some EM/Pond cleaner and the bacillus bacteria kill off the odor

17. Those are some expensive carb sources. Do you find them superior to molasses?

• Like Like x 1